It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Bill O'Reilly influence Tiller's killer?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Did TV influence the person that shot Tiller? Some hosts such as Fox New's Bill O'Reilly have been outspoken opponents of Tiller. But in the end, doesn't the responsibility rest with the individual?

Here are few videos of O'Reilly discussing Tiller:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
He was the first person I thought of when I heard the doctor had been killed. It's just like Nancy Grace! I believe this doctor is a murderer but do not condone his murder. The media controls many minds in this country and that is scary for sure. What can you do?

[edit on 6/1/2009 by PammyK]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by PammyK

Can't do much unless a law is broken. That's the price we pay for free speech.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Bill is the biggest slug of them all in my book. There needs to be some level of responsibility these "commentators" have to live up to. There are so many crazies out there that are inflamed so easily. Very sad situation this is for everyone concerned. This sort of thing makes the pro life people look very bad and most of them are just average people going to church every week. It also takes the pro choice crowd and makes them all look like terrible baby killers. I am pro choice but if you don't know what you are going to do about a pregnancy by the time you are in your second trimester then you should be stuck. My granddaughter was a 25 week preemie and though she had on heck of a bad start, she is over by the couch raising hell right now.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

OH boy I thought this would surface too.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by redhead57

What drives me nuts is when O says he is speaking for 'the folks'.

As for your granddaughter, ain't grandkids great? I have a grandson and will be the proud and happy Papa of a granddaughter this fall.

Your points about how people get lumped together with broad brush definitions is right on the money. Most people just want to live their lives based upon their own decisions without being judged by strangers.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
M&M commercials led me to buy and eat a bunch of them. Thats why I'm fat.

Ford commercials led me to buy their vehicle which I promptly crashed and permantly injured myself.

Sabbath and Marilyn Manson music made me kill a bunch of people and then myself.

To suggest O'Reilly influenced someone commit murder is ignorant. I could use that same logic in each of the three things I listed and 2 of them would lead to me filing a lawsuit and becoming extraordinarly rich.

The responsibliliy starts and ends with the murderer. Blame should not even be hinted at being directed at someone else, unless that person knowingly was involved in the murder.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
And the I wouldn't want to be them if there is a judgement day,

Barbarian, Blood on his hands,
Tiller the baby killer,

Killing viable fetuses outside the womb.

Talk about inciting.

And the discust in his voice regarding the Dr. and the Governor.

It is quite a perilous form of ...journalism? is that what it is?

Maybe agenda is more appropriate

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Any "Doctor" that pulls a live baby out of the mother until just its head is still in the birth canal and then sticks a sharp implement into the babies brain as it struggles in fear and pain... No tears for that human garbage, and I applaud Bill for highlighting the horrible truth of some of this “Doctors” moneymaking murder mill practices.

[edit on 6/1/2009 by SGTChas]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

Killing viable fetuses outside the womb.

I address this point only. How do you justify this? It is murder for convenience only. Our society should be above that.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Whether Bill O'Reilly 'influenced' the murder or not is irrelevant. The responsibility for the murder lies solely on the murderer and any accomplices he may have had.

I'm pro-choice, but late term abortions are murder. But George Tiller didn't just murder, he essentially tortured live fetuses, used a toilet to dispose of them as if they're useless pieces of garbage, and received $5,000 to do it. Needless to say, I am far from saddened by his death. He didn't get what he deserved, because he deserved worse.

I wouldn't be saddened if the women who voluntarily had this done met the same fate either. You have 16 weeks to decide between abortion or giving birth. If you can't make the decision in that period of time, the debate between abortion and giving birth becomes keeping the child or giving it up for adoption. These women could have given their child a chance to live with people who would step in and be loving parents. But because of their selfishness and George Tiller's greed, these children instead were brutally murdered.

If Bill O'Reilly influenced his murder, I say good job to Bill O'Reilly.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I agree, that it's not Bill O'Reilly's fault that this murder occurred. What is tragic is that people are so easily manipulated by the media, whether it is catered to liberal or conservative agendas.
These pro-life zealots have earned the definition of terrorists.

terrorism: the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion
(as defined by Webster)

With a history of blowing up clinics, assaulting/murdering doctors including staff, and stalking young women...it seems that America has a brewing Taliban of its own.

Although I don't fault Bill O....perhaps the way in which he delivers his anti-choice message will follow more etiquette and consideration. That..or legislative measures will surely be made to prevent future terrorist attacks against clinics and their staff.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

Iguana, did you hear about the shootings today at the recruitment center?

Violence is not confined to the right.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

I am aware of this....I mentioned it in the first couple lines. My concern is that growing anti-government sentiment is leading people to commit these reckless acts. What they don't realize is that their actions will only help create more government intervention.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

You've got a point there - anti-gov't sentiment is also caused by a feeling that the gov't either doesn't care or that they side with the opposition. Either way, it causes frustration and incites violence.

BTW, I just have to remark on your "3 abortions, sadly only one a PBA" and your plans for 3 more. You had some of the gallery biting on that one

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
If O'Reilly is to blame for Tiller the baby killer, then who is to blame for the soldier that was gunned down by the Muslim guy?

Can we blame Keith Olbermann for that, since he opposes the War in Iraq, and calls Enhanced Interrogation torture?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Enhanced Interrogation

Enhanced Interrogation.

That's priceless.

The lengths people will go to justify their delusional positions...

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
The whole situation is sad.

However, if Tiller wasn't a murderer, O'Reilly would have never covered him.

Causality... ouch.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Bill O'Riley doesn't give a tinkers damn about women or unborn babies he's just fullfilling a role set out for him by his NWO overlords. His shows are highly orchestrated and heavily edited garbage meant to keep us divided. I think what influenced this guy to kill Dr. Tiller was his mind being warped by evangelical christian preachers who are also pawns of the NWO.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
O'Reilly Rages Against Joan Walsh Over Dr. Tiller Murder

FOX's Bill O'Reilly 'Goes Nuts' On Joan Walsh of Salon.com Over Dr. Tiller Controversy [He Created] & Her Criticism Of Him - 06/12/09

Twisr the facts, blame others, deflect guilt...talk over host to get one word in edge-wise.

This segment, Bill demonises Joan and tells her she has blood on her hands not him.

I guess the facts are arbitrary.

You decide

new topics

top topics

join