It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RE: Solar Obliteration.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I feel compelled to make this thread because of what I figured out in regards to solar obliteration. You know, using a big object to block out the Sun, then using an IR filter on a video camera to view "UFO's" that appear in the Sun's corona.
Well, I have seen the videos on Youtube, and I believed it for awhile.
But for the past couple of days, I have noticed something.
When I go out for a cigarette, I go outside on my porch, and it's facing SW. At about 4pm, the Sun gets blocked out by the wall of the porch. Now, the wall is only a few feet from me when this is happening, and I can easily see the corona of the Sun (I need my sunglasses on to do this).
Well, I'm not much of a debunker, but this may be my first.
I didn't need an IR filter to see what I saw. I saw the same stuff that we all see in those videos. They're bugs, guys. Trust me.
In those videos from Youtube, the guy is blocking out the sun with a building, or a similarly big object that is at least 50 feet away from him and his camera. Since my porch wall is only a few feet from me, I can see this without a zoom, and withoout an IR filter - with just my eyes...
And I know that what I am seeing is the same from the videos, because once they go beyond the corona, they just aren't visible anymore. Exactly like in the videos.
You guys try it. I'm not BS'ing you folks, and believe me, I'm drooling over seeing my first UFO. You would think that I would even see what I wanna see, but no - I'm too much of a realist in cases like this.
I'm a bit dissapointed, but what can I do? I know the real UFO's are out there. I just haven't seen one yet, and neither has these guys who use the IR-filter deal.
But we'll all get our day when we see our sightings, I'm sure. A real sighting. Until then!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Alot of people already knew this...
2nd line

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I’m kind of embarrassed to say that I also tried this with my camera and you are correct the objects are definitely bugs, dust or whatever. I even watched carefully for small bugs flying into the cameras view and the camera picked them up just like those videos.

new topics

join