It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspicious package found in front of White House?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Check out this screencap. Was up for a minute or two and then taken down. Wonder what it means if they hold off on reporting it until after the GM speech as not to distract from it. Wonder if they'll report it afterwards.

humm, looks like no attaching. I have an image, but i'm posting immediately for the time stamp.

i42.tinypic.com...

[edit on 1-6-2009 by Chilkoot]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chilkoot
Check out this screencap. Was up for a minute or two and then taken down. Wonder what it means if they hold off on reporting it until after the speech as not to distract from it. Wonder if they'll report it afterwards.

humm, looks like no attaching. I have an image, but i'm posting immediately for the time stamp.

What? Is this post written in some kind of code that only a few can discipher?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
edited to just provide link to full pic, shows up funny when I hotlink.

in reference to the timestamp, I wanted to prove i had the image before the speech started in case the coverage differed.

sorry for all the edits, i felt that time was a factor. This should probably be moved to "other current events". apologies.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
It could have been an empty milk carton left outside the gates of the White House by accident and the government, desperate for a possible terrorist attack...

well you get the picture

If it was the real deal the press would be all over it milking it to death, blaming Al Qaeda, Iran, North Korea, your uncle bob, etc.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by star in a jar]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
It could have been an empty milk carton left outside the gates of the White House by accident and the government,

Or a north Korean made suitcase nuke!

In that case they'd need to squelch news reports to prevent panic and maximize impact.

Seriously though...

Huffington post?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
yup, guess it was a fizzle. would've been big news by now if it were real.

nevermind. sorry folks.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish

Originally posted by star in a jar
It could have been an empty milk carton left outside the gates of the White House by accident and the government,

Huffington post?

I thought it might have been important when a thread on the topic was deleted from another place when there was no part of it that violated the ToS. If it were true, the timing would have been spooky.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Chilkoot

SILLY SILLY ME

A few weeks ago right before the prez was to make a speech on some rather dire news they also had found a suspicious package left outside the white house!
WHAT a circus I tell ya! Seems that even the white house is now recycling their news and scary things going on as of late.

Next up we may have to slap lil kim with a big time out!

top topics

join