It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Spy Fined, Scolded, Released

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Israeli Spy Fined, Scolded, Released

www.military.com

June 01, 2009
Associated Press

NEW YORK - A judge spared an 85-year-old former U.S. Army engineer any prison time for passing secret documents to the Israelis in the 1980s but said it remains a mystery why such a grave assault on national security took 23 years to prosecute.

U.S. District Judge William H. Pauley III on Friday scolded Ben-ami Kadish for letting the Israelis steal classified documents between 1979 and 1985 from the Armament Research, Development and Engineering Center at the Picatinny Arsenal in Dover, N.J., where he worked.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I suppose this verdict is par for the course. The Judge himself alternately decried the Government of the United States for not prosecuting this for 20 years, and then praising them finally for prosecuting it at all.

While the defendant downplayed his decade long spying for Israel including photographing top secret Nuclear weapons and state of the art sophisticated attack aircraft as a ‘lapse’ in judgment, the Judge to his credit informed him, that his crimes normally punishable by death went far beyond a lapse of judgment.

It would seem sometimes no one uses anything that resembles sound judgment when it comes to Israel spying on the United States of America.

www.military.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

"It was a mistake. It was a misjudgment," he said. "I thought I was helping the state of Israel without harming the United States."

The judge told him that it was difficult to dismiss his conduct as a simple error in judgment but that it would serve no purpose to send him to prison since he was so old and in poor health and because the government had drastically reduced the seriousness of the charges, which initially could have been punishable by death.

"This was not one mistake," the judge said. "This was over many years."

Absolutely amazing that we deported an 80 year old man in ill health to Germany just recently to stand trial for World War II war crimes after having once been acquitted in the State of Israel itself, but give a man giving the Israeli’s nuclear secrets a 50,000 dollar fine and a suspended sentence? What’s wrong with this picture?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

or Canada for that matter

Our metro systems here(subways), their stations all have cameras now.
The company that made the cameras and installation is an israeli company that has spied several times in the past.

A company called Verint got the contract for video surveillance of Montreal’s mass transit system. The company has several relationships with telecom companies known to be fronts for israeli intelligence.

And Verint's parent company is Comverse, who's founder is Jacob Alexander, a former Israeli intelligence officer. Amdocs and Odigo are also affiliated with Verint.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

or Canada for that matter

Our metro systems here(subways), their stations all have cameras now.
The company that made the cameras and installation is an israeli company that has spied several times in the past.

A company called Verint got the contract for video surveillance of Montreal’s mass transit system. The company has several relationships with telecom companies known to be fronts for israeli intelligence.

And Verint's parent company is Comverse, who's founder is Jacob Alexander, a former Israeli intelligence officer. Amdocs and Odigo are also affiliated with Verint.

I bet that just has to make Canadians feel all fuzzy and warm and safe as they right the Subways from point a to point b.

It’s as if the corporations that run our governments don’t have a thought or care in the world anymore for the nation’s sovereignty or the risk they take with out lives and tax dollars.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
It's one of those 'we know already' kind of situations. The Israelis don't even want to bother wasting time trying to cover any of this up so they are being bold. They are getting bolder as time passes; warning or not I can see Israel not bothering to let the US in on their attack plans on the Iranian nuclear installations.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

When has a defendant's age been used as a defense in treason. He made our country vulnerable by giving sensitive information to a foreign government; ally or not.

Treason is treason. I don't advocate the death penalty but a prison sentence would suffice for the old man. He has to face the music for what he has done.

He knew what he was doing. He did the crime and now he should face the time. The judge should not have let him off the hook.

I'm by no means trying to sound callous here and I am aware that the man is elderly, but he committed a crime whether it was years ago or now; it's no different.

Shame on the Department of Justice for putting such a serious crime on the back-burner for so many years.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Riviera
It's one of those 'we know already' kind of situations. The Israelis don't even want to bother wasting time trying to cover any of this up so they are being bold. They are getting bolder as time passes; warning or not I can see Israel not bothering to let the US in on their attack plans on the Iranian nuclear installations.

Yes the dog seems to have no fear whatsoever of the hand that feeds it, nor any respect from what I can see.

I wonder if there will come a day when a Judge or some other official finally says enough is enough and throws the book at someone like this.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

When has a defendant's age been used as a defense in treason. He made our country vulnerable by giving sensitive information to a foreign government; ally or not.

Yes the dog seems to have no fear whatsoever of the hand that feeds it, nor any respect from what I can see.

I wonder if there will come a day when a Judge or some other official finally says enough is enough and throws the book at someone like this.

Shame on the Department of Justice for putting such a serious crime on the back-burner for so many years.

It sounds like the government didn’t want to risk the backlash of a second ‘Jonathon Pollard’ type case so close to the actual Jonathon Pollard case. Americans might have started demanding an end to these things.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
How Ironic... Question the Holocost and get set infront of the firing squad. Steal nuclear secrets for Israel and get set free!

Anyone else what's going on here? The sooner there is no Israel the sooner we can all have our lives back!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
How Ironic... Question the Holocost and get set infront of the firing squad. Steal nuclear secrets for Israel and get set free!

Anyone else what's going on here? The sooner there is no Israel the sooner we can all have our lives back!

It sure can make a person wonder what the heck is going on here.

It sure does seem like the easiest and best solution to this problem doesn't it?

top topics

join