It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli proposal: Make Jordan the official Palestinian homeland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Israeli proposal: Make Jordan the official Palestinian homeland

www.csmonitor.com

Amman, Jordan; and Jerusalem - Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and senior members of his cabinet have pushed back hard against a renewed US demand to end settlement activity in the occupied Palestinian territories. Interior Minister Eli Yishai said Sunday that it amounted to "expulsion."

But 53 Israeli parliamentarians have moved to explore another kind of expulsion: Under a proposal to be reviewed this week, Jordan would become the official homeland for Palestinians now living in the
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Here we go. Often enough I have seen people saying that Israel is merely defending itself against Palestinian 'terrorist aggression'. Which farmer wouldn't be aggressive if his land is taken from him, which family wouldn't be angry if they are forced to sell their house to Jewish settlers or burnt out of their house. Pure hypocrisy to say Israel is merely defending itself. Anyhow, the real objective that the pro-Israel gang has always denied has now become clear: the expulsion of Palestinians from the West Bank as well as from the Gaza-Strip. Can't force them to move? Just kill them.

www.csmonitor.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
What a creative proposal...
Totally throw out the Palestinians from what's left of their "rightful" land???

I for one, don't think the HKOJ could handle this. They still have the Palestinian camps from years back, and took in an influx of Iraqis from the war.

King Abdullah should agree to it only if they can extend its borders to include more than Gaza and West bank.

ETA: The only other way Jordan might possibly agree to it is if there is *a heck a lot of $$$* provided by US and/or Israel.

-

[edit on 1-6-2009 by sonjah1]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonjah1

I for one, don't think the HKOJ could handle this. They still have the Palestinian camps from years back, and took in an influx of Iraqis from the war.

King Abdullah should agree to it only if they can extend its borders to include more than Gaza and West bank.

ETA: The only other way Jordan might possibly agree to it is if there is *a heck a lot of $$$* provided by US and/or Israel.

-

Your miss reading this and it actually has some merit what they are saying is that the gaza and west bank should be given to Jordan thus making the Palestinians jordanian citizens and i think i see where there going with this and why jordan would refuse.

If jordan took over responsibility for the Palestinians than they would have to stop them from attacking Israel or risk Israel attacking them.The Israelis would no longer need to care for them by supplying food water electricity and could permanently seal the border as Egypt has done.and truth be told most of the Palestinians are from Jordan.

[edit on 6/1/09 by dragonridr]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
The real question is:

Who do the Israelis think they are that they can just 'give' anyone to anyone?

The last thing any country wants to do is get involved in this mess; money is rather worthless incentives these days, we've all seen the decline of capitalism and the dollar with it. These days Jordan will want quite a bit more than just cold hard cash if they were to even get incentive to deal with this mess.

Aside from the blowback such a vote would bring I highly doubt it'll even be taken seriously. Most of Israel is boiling over, the Obama administration is pressuring from one end, the constituency and parliament from the other and in opposing directions.

The extraordinary patience Hamas would have to show for this to also be considered is a slap in the face in itself just for being proposed.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I'm am just patiently waiting for the day that Israel either implodes upon itself or explodes from an outside force - then I am going to throw a HUGE party!!! Mark my words, eliminate Israel and you will eliminate about half of the world's problems!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Some 60 percent of the country's (Jordan ) 5.3 million people are Palestinian, many of them refugees, or descendants of refugees, who fled or were forced out of their homes during the 1948 and 1967 Middle East wars.

Jordan is already the unofficial home land for the Palestinians .

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
disgusting to say the least
these people are on a trip
not a power-trip, just some other type of a trip

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Might be misreading it, but I don't know. There is no link to the actual proposal text (although it is probably in Hebrew anyway, so we would need a translation). Without that, we cannot understand the nature of the request. Still, it looks very much like Isreal trying to punt. Make it Jordan's problem.

Personally, I find the whole situation ludicrous. They come in in 1948 and say "this land used to be ours, so we are taking it back. Get the hell out" and then they wonder why people are fighting for their land back? oi.

Looking at the boundaries on the map. A two state solution doesn't really make sense. I think a 3 state solution makes better sense. West Bank becomes Palestine and Gaza Strip either becomes part of Egypt or it stands alone as it's own country as well -- maybe Palestiny. *shrug*

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonjah1

-

Your miss reading this and it actually has some merit what they are saying is that the gaza and west bank should be given to Jordan thus making the Palestinians jordanian citizens and i think i see where there going with this and why jordan would refuse.

If jordan took over responsibility for the Palestinians than they would have to stop them from attacking Israel or risk Israel attacking them.The Israelis would no longer need to care for them by supplying food water electricity and could permanently seal the border as Egypt has done.and truth be told most of the Palestinians are from Jordan.

OK, you can look at it in terms of a "mis-read," but I lived in Jordan for a couple of years, and I know that numbers of Palestinians would want to move across into the "now" Jordan border.

I'm saying that if Jordan were to undertake this proposal, then they should ask for *more* land from Israel (with greater responsiblity comes greater freedom).

Yes, there are "true" Jordanians (natives to that particular area of land), but there are a lot of Palestinians (and other Arabs) who are not from Jordan literally, but hold Jordanian passports because King Hussein was a giving (to a fault) monarch.

History describes the difference between the "true" Hashemites and the Palestinians--when the Palestinians were trying to overthrow the Jordanian gov't back in the 60's via Arafat...
-

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

I don't think Egypt would want that strip of land even if it was given to them .

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

True about Israel ousting people in the 1940's, but who really placed them there? The West, the Brits. "Let's keep the Arabs in check...place Israel back in the Middle..." kind of like "divide and conquer," don't you think?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

True. I certainly do not excuse the actions of the East Indies Trading Company or the British Crown which led up to the mess in the Middle East, nor the actions of the UN with resolution 181, which started the current mess. There was a plan for the creation of Palestine in that plan, but have you seen the map of what the place would look like?
Talk about asking for trouble.

Proposed map of Isreal/Palestine

Edited to get the stinking image in...

[edit on 6-1-2009 by rogerstigers]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I'd never seen the original map...nice find

Yes, those borders are nightmarish...

You could propose to just divide it "evenly" for the South to be Israel, and the North to be Palestine but then the problems of Jerusalem and the port cities on the Med...

-

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
I'm am just patiently waiting for the day that Israel either implodes upon itself or explodes from an outside force - then I am going to throw a HUGE party!!! Mark my words, eliminate Israel and you will eliminate about half of the world's problems!

I can't foresee a war against Israel that doesn't involve nuclear weapons as the attack or the retaliation or both. So you are patiently waiting for Armageddon. I'd be careful what I wished for.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
reply to post by sonjah1

True. I certainly do not excuse the actions of the East Indies Trading Company or the British Crown which led up to the mess in the Middle East, nor the actions of the UN with resolution 181, which started the current mess. There was a plan for the creation of Palestine in that plan, but have you seen the map of what the place would look like?
Talk about asking for trouble.

Proposed map of Isreal/Palestine

Edited to get the stinking image in...

[edit on 6-1-2009 by rogerstigers]

If it was implemented at that time it might have worked the plan was based off populations in areas as you can see the populations have moved since then partly do to the British mucking things up.And to spread the blame around sounded bad when i read it the UN The arab israeli warand of course lets not leave out egypt.

[edit on 6/1/09 by dragonridr]

top topics

join