It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

illivena Dean, Last Survivor of Titanic dies at 97.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
just thought it was amazing that there was still a person alive from that tragedy so long ago. may she rest in peace.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Dont you mean last survivor of the Olympic disaster?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
no, she was only a nine weeks old when the titanic sank. she did not even know that she was on it till she a a few years old. olympic was sunk during ww1 off of greece. she was a hospital ship for the british and lost some where around fifty people.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

you bet me to the punchline
two triple screw liners built side by side, swap the plates who would be any the wiser.
BTW. rip sister..

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by foxhoundone

Apparently the fact that the two ships had their identities swapped is common knowedge amongst the generation of those who used to work in Harland & Wolfe in Belfast. Also, when they finally located the wreck at the bottom of the Atlantic the surface paint had eroded away revealing the grey undercoat,problem is Titanic didn't have a grey undercoat. . .but Olympic did!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
thanks for this little bit of news. never heard of this. learn something new everyday.

brittanic had a long career though out of the three. surprised she was not preserved after she was retired.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

i knew the chief designer of the canberra i used to ask him of this theory he just used to wink and walk of, passed away now sorry to hear, guess ill never find out now

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackthorne
thanks for this little bit of news. never heard of this. learn something new everyday.

brittanic had a long career though out of the three. surprised she was not preserved after she was retired.

I may be wrong (hey, it wouldn't be the first time) but I was under the impression that Britannic hit a sea mine during WW1 and it was the Olympic (or Titanic depending on how you swing) was the longest serving ship

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by foxhoundone

i knew the chief designer of the canberra i used to ask him of this theory he just used to wink and walk of, passed away now sorry to hear, guess ill never find out now

My brother-in-law, who sadly passed away three years ago, used to drink in the Ship & Mitre pub in Liverpool with Lightholler, who was one of the main crew on the Titanic. Although he was an old man at the time he would gladly talk about his brave rescuing of soldiers on the beaches of Dunkirk but flatly refused to talk about the Titanic disaster. He always used to say that there was more to this story than was generally known.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
For more about the Titanic mystery read this interting article by Liverpool writer, Colin Veacock.
www.mara.org.uk...

I think you will find it very interesting.

new topics

top topics

join