It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help: What Is This Over JHB South Africa? *Video

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
i used to live in South Africa, Johannesburg my self until early this year when i moved to belgium. I must say that i have personly experienced this in the pat once comming directly over my house. I have done a bit of research and have found that trails only occur behind the international flights which pass over the area. And the thing is that you never see these in Johannesburg as planes only ever land there and do not fly directly over as there are no more international airports within south africa, as durbans airport is only a national flight to areas within south africa.
so, i do belive that this is no normal flight although i am not 100% certain.
very good footage although, it could still be some private jet maybe or some top secret flight.
very good footage and i hope that you find the members on ats to be very helpfull.
cheers.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by darthStar

Thank you very much darthStar. I have never seen this over the area, never. Today was the first day but as you say it could have been a private or military fly over.

I tried to find a plane with binoculars then i grabbed my mom's camera to rec and zoomed in as much as i could but still nothing. I could see "it" moving but there is nothing there the trail just became longer and longer. If the other JHB guy saw the plane he could maybe say what plane it was. I put 4 vids up maybe someone sees a plane.

Thanks again!!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Looks like a regular contrail to me. I used to live north-west of Joburg, in the Northwest Province
and used to see this kind of thing fairly often.

Extremely high altitude planes, which you cannot see at all, but leave these long whispy lines behind them.

It's difficult to tell from the videos what angle the trail is pointed, it could merely be shooting across the sky; was it unusually pointed toward the ground?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Modulus

Hope that helps on the front and rear question. The side where the transmission poles are is the front. In the video as i move up to the blue open sky i am moving towards the rear

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
There might have been a trail, chem or otherwise, going right to
left that the top to bottom trail crosses.

The trail is nothing but haze now so it takes time lapse video
to the the trail go into a haze if that is whats happening.

If cold air makes a trail and can't dissipate, why would it
not dry out instead of floating down to a tree top haze.

There is some sore to cooked atmosphere going one more
powerful the molecular cooking if ether carriers are involved.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I was at Melrose Arch in Sandton when I saw the plane....It was travelling in a southwesterly direction and quite high up. We dont usually see contrails here in Johannesburg....

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I see this kind of stuff almost everyday. It's what is commonly reffered to as a contrail/chemtrail. I am leaning more toward an average contrail. Alot of the contrail/chemtrails I see almost everyday I can't see the plane because it's just to high up.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Fastcars

Thank you

Wow, we could not see a plane at all. Nothing! It had to be high as it as was right smack in the busiest airspace traffic in Africa. Military i suppose.

Well i did not see a burning rock or a plane but what i got here on video. Did not hear a "boom" or the rumbling sound of a military or experimental craft. I would not have known if the kids did not spot it. And the trail kept growing longer in all the time while i recorded.

The ball lightning became a suspect as someone mentioned to me they saw a "rugby ball" shape. I shrugged my shoulders as i did not see a bloody thing

Thank you.

Could you see if it was military or private plane? Definitely not a passenger, cheerio!

[edit on 6/2/2009 by qonone]

[edit on 6/2/2009 by qonone]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join