It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help: What Is This Over JHB South Africa? *Video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Was at my parents earlier when my children and nephew spotted this. It looks like a smoke/contrail but i did not see a plane nor did we hear anything, just this white long line which looks like something entered our atmosphere. I apologize for my awesome camera skills but in my defense i used my mom's Sanyo Digi Cam.

We tried to spot with binoculars but could not see anything at the "front" of the trail. This is a clear 45 degree angle, to me it is something that came down.

www....(nolink)/?sharekey=e42dd340e8064172d5a101cf914073b4f50be2323967f63d

*I use Mediafire as my host. I can upload the original quality videos if needed*

[edit on 6/1/2009 by qonone]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by qonone

Hi, can you give more details? Where in JHB, time etc?

I am based in Sandton and Fourways and constantly scanning the skies when possible.

ps Hi from a fellow South African

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by qonone

I've uploaded your videos to ATS media

(click to open player in new window)

(click to open player in new window)

Thanks for sharing

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Hi deltaalphanovember! Great to see first response from a fellow citizen
I am in the South, Mulbarton but this is out Alberton way, South of JHB. The 45 degree angle truly have my mind boggled. I first had to come back home before i could upload this. I took a few videos but did not upload those where my nephews went into our younger generation S.African dialogue

Btw the time of this was at 14h00, today.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

Thank you Internos, Thanks a million.

What would reckon Internos? Would be great to hear your opinion as it is usually spot on!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by qonone

You say a 45 degree angle .... falling. It looks like a plain jet contrail but if falling then it is obviously not - do you estimate it as travelling/falling fast?

My uneducated non-expert opinion - a meteoroid:
A meteoroid is visible at night because of the contrast of night and the brightly burning rock (which can be very small and never even reach the ground). At night you would not see the smoke, but you would see the heat/fire/flame.
In the day you would see the smoke and not the flame unless it was a very large meteor or meteorite.

During the entry of a meteoroid or asteroid into the upper atmosphere, an ionization trail is created, where the molecules in the upper atmosphere are ionized by the passage of the meteor. Such ionization trails can last up to 45 minutes at a time. Small, sand-grain sized meteoroids are entering the atmosphere constantly, essentially every few seconds in a given region,[clarification needed] and thus ionization trails can be found in the upper atmosphere more or less continuously. When radio waves are bounced off these trails, it is called meteor burst communications.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
It looks like normal contrail. Aeroplanes high altitude, there is no sound, planes are almost invisible. Only smoke. Last Tuesday I spotted many contrails here in Finland:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

Two more videos. I have tried to use ATS Media but the uploading takes too long, i do apologize if there is any d/l issue.

I guessed a meteor, well myself and my nephews. These videos are better imo. I apologize in advance to South African members or those who understand Afrikaans...youngsters

www....(nolink)/download.php?ymzcominwny
www....(nolink)/download.php?djwqlenkw4q

Thanks Hande. You think a contrail? This was moving/falling just there was nothing visible at the front. Meteor explanation makes sense in the daytime to me.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by qonone

Imagine if you are piloting a plane and that thing comes shooting past. I know the odds of a plane being hit are astronomical, but it brings to mind the Air France jet that has disappeared. Being ATS, I would offer that as a very tiny possibility amongst a raft of possibilities.
We will only know once they have recovered the wreckage.

Does anyone know if any aircraft has ever been damaged by a meteor?

Following on that, is there a meteor shower in the Southern Hemisphere today?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

That plane disappeared at 3:30am which would have put our time at 4:30am. Still the thought entered my mind of some small meteor shower earlier.

Another thing is that there was another smoke trail but i did not see anything, but my wife claimed they saw two. Did not want to mention that as people would think i am jumping the gun here & the whales that beached themselves over the weekend also entered my mind. I did not see two nor catch it on video.

The 3rd & 4th videos should make it clear of angle and how it moved. I cannot guess a speed.

**It could be a contrail. But would i not have seen the plane with the binoculars?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by qonone

That is very interesting footage. The 45 degree turn is well wierd. Are there any similar reports from that area, like is it a hot spot?

[edit on 1-6-2009 by ufoorbhunter]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

Thanks for your response ufoorbhunter,

In January 2005 i witnessed "something" unexplainedwhich also got me to post on ATS. So once every 4+ years...not a hot spot. There are a lot of stories of sightings here, but i cannot vouch for others.

I will say that i am about 40km from Oliver Tambo Airport or what was known as JHB International. In my life i have seen contrails, not many but i have seen, read some conspiracies about them as well. This look like a perfect contrail a perfect one but the line was still expanding and in all that time i could not see any plane at the front.

All i am asking myself are a few questions. Do contrails appear all of a sudden? When the plane is long gone, can it then start to appear slowly from one direction moving to the other direction?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by qonone

Hello. So there have been other sightings too, that's interesting news. The contrails are weird things, once I saw quite a few ufo orbs moving in the discharge then they shot off at a rapid rate like on your footage. This is all very similar to the foo fighters from WW2. There seems to be a fair bit of ufo stuff going on in SA these days, I remember reading about the Jouberta incident a few years back. I am looking to go and live in SA in the near future and relocate from the UK so hopefully lots of sightings lol.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

Would you seriously wanna come live here? I wanted to move away few months back but parents are keeping me back, you know age. But that is life and we gotta love it

It's is a beautiful country and we have it all but sadly there are some issues.

Back on topic. Yes if i take all the stories from people i would say we are not doing bad
This past weekend we had the whales beaching themselves, 55 of them and today space junk, meteor or just a contrail. Don't beleive the latter but i cannot argue if it is so.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
My first ever post...

Cool vids. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sher-bant

Well then, i appreciate that you watched the videos & made your first post at my thread

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by qonone

Yes I am moving to South Africa in the near future. I had a wonderful time on holiday a few years back and have decided to give it a go in the Western Cape. I thought about Namibia too, it's really nice but SA got me and I just love the place. You can still get a new Golf MK1 there too (Citi Golf) wow that is so cool.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I live in Johannesburg and saw the plane leaving the contrail today....

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
No sparks at either end of that trail so there is no chance of
a Tesla sparky flier being involved.

Yet a longer look at the trail head with out a camera might
have revealed lightning bursts which you would not get
on a normal plane unless it was going to crash.

Always look for bright flickers for UFOs.

ED: No plane in front. I had one fly over as I arched my back.
A lightning ball was flickering on what would be the left aft
part of a dark purple haze flying in front.
I am aware of the song and the authors fascination with UFOs.

[edit on 6/1/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
I am aware of the song and the authors fascination with UFOs.

You lost me here...PEWWWW over my head
I am totally fascinated with the unknown indeed. Do you think/believe it was a plane

OR

So you see an orb? Does this mean it is Tesla's "sparky flier"?

Thank you

**Do you know if this was a private or military plane? Thanks

Cheers!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join