It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hand Held Vomit Gun : Ready To go

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Hand Held Vomit Gun : Ready To go

www.theregister.co.uk

A US industrial laser company says it has developed a functional puke-ray system, ideal for use by cops or military personnel wishing to take down their opponents without shooting them. The firm proposes to issue the "non lethal light fighting technology" in two form factors - light-sabre/torch and blaster-pistol.

The so-called Dazer Laser™ technology comes from Laser Energetics Inc, of New Jersey, which has been supplying more conventional laser equipment since 1991. Now, however, the company is pleased to announce its new Defender™ and Guardian™ chunder-beam weapons.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
This is absolutely stunning, I am guessing it is some sort of sound wave gun, but to have it in pistol size is incredible!!!

I can only see more harm equipping the police forces around the worlds with a piece of equipment like this!! What else will the r & D labs around the world release on to us next, all in the name of protection!!

www.theregister.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
If these make it into the streets I'm buying stock in sawdust and brooms.

But on the bright side if they replace tasers and don't cause fatalities that's an improvement, right?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
This is from the register so I'm skeptical but it does sound alot like something I already heard about. A nausea ray gun. It uses rapid high powered LED lights to create a pattern that causes nausea and sickness and if your epileptic then you are certain to have a seizure off this thing ...heck People that aint epileptic might go into seizures off this thing.

I know its a real thing... but not in any light saber sense of the word.. it looks more like a regular over sized flash light. let me see if I can find a pic from the web.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I remember the times when they said that the Tazer was safe, wonder if you can die from puking yourself inside out with multiple shots?

At least if your close enough you can spoil their uniforms.

I can see issues though.

At FULL power , we're talking explosive projectile vomiting.
At HALF power a more subdued bend over and barf.
At MINIMAL power a slight feeling of nausea..

Way to go Boffins, I also wonder when the backup piece is coming out into the market, the Poopyapants raygun.

At least the crims will not only be subdued but also have the feelings of embarassment of knowing they soiled themselves infront of the Police.

Whats to stop the Police being issued with these Pukeray and aiming at you as they drive on by?
Oh wow , driveby pavement pizzaring.
You'll never know when its going to hit you, unless they add a sound effect..

Warning incoming chunder

[edit on 1/6/09 by DataWraith]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

Oh yeah! Imagine chocking on your own vomit because the cop using the weapon doesn't know the Heimlich maneuver .

Anyways I could not find what I was looking for but here is the WIKI page for less lethal weapons. AND BOY IS IT EXTENSIVE!

Everything a terrorist tyranny needs to subjugate its citizens is on that page.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
The best part of the article was...

If an embattled cop, soldier etc. misses the target at first he can simply swing the dazzle-beam onto his opponent's face and leave him slipping and stumbling helplessly in a self-generated chunky puddle.

I can see the Youtube videos now, LoL.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
this gun can help out when you got really bad hangovers

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Now the phrase "the (police) incident turned really messy" can take a whole new meaning...

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Last night I was standing on my porch, thinking, and this really strange image/idea came to my head; artificially-induced mass vomiting. No joke. Then I see this thread, the title of which drew me in.

Weird.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Another "non-lethal" weapon to be used at the discretion of the police force

Imagine an idiot cop using this on someone that is on an elevated surface (like when they tasered that guy on the store awning in NY) and the lose their balance and fall and bust their head open

Or how about when they use it on an epileptic and send them into a fatal siezure ? Or someone loses their balance and falls on their back before vomiting and chokes on it ?

Do they even know if there are any long term effects from this "non-lethal" weapon ?

Forgive me if i don't buy into the "non-lethal" aspect of this weapon, especially since we already have the glorious "non-lethal" taser

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
i have projectile vomiting i can shoot about 23 ft i prob can hit them in the face i dont think this weapon will be effective

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Found a few more links... it's listed all over the place...
Just have a rummage about on Google...

ADVFN (Stocks & shares stuff)

UPI.COM (United Press International)

PR Newswire (Business News site)

Photonics.com (Photonic Engineering Magazine)

Laser Focus World (Global Photonics Industry news site)

OptoIQ (Latest news on optical technology industry)

...& finally the company website itself:

www.laserenergetics.com...

...their press release page:

...& the actual press release document itself:

[edit on 1/6/2009 by moobaawoof]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
That's a joke right? a chunder ray gun

It wouldn't work on drunks, it will just make them feel a bit better and they can carry on drinking.

One good thing is you can shoot it at fat people twice a week and make them slimmer...

It's a joke right?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
They are going to fill a super soaker squirt gun with Tequilla?

That beats the heck out of a taser

BUT

I invented that when I was 16... I want my share of the profits!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Based on my last trip to the UK, those American companies have been secretly testing this weapon in British town centers on a Friday and Saturday night around midnight, I've never seen so many people performing a "courtesy puke"

Seriously though, the development of any non-lethal restraint technology has to be a good thing.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
What cop is going to actually use this?

A buddy of mine pissed himself when busted getting high once and the cops kicked his rear end for it...

This would be a weapon of NO resort lol, who's going to put this perp in a squad car...

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Hand Held Vomit Gun?

I pictured something quite different from what it actually is. I had a hard time imagining how they would keep re-loading it.

Aside from making people throw up, I was a bit concerned about what it could do to their eyesight.

Before tasers became so popular I would have supported anything that could incapacitate a suspect rather than kill him, but I was a bit naive in thinking that all policemen would be responsible in their use of them.

I don't know, tasers were supposed to be less harmful than bullets, now we have something less harmful than tasers. Will that mean that they will be used even more prolifically?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I don't belive one word of the article till I see one in action on youtube (or experience it, which may be awesome).

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
...not the vomit-laser-gun-thingy - but on a similar note... a ray-gun-type device that can induce the feeling of pain...nice...

links to various news reports about the vomit-laser-gun-thingy...
ADVFN (Stocks & shares stuff)

UPI.COM (United Press International)

PR Newswire (Business News site)

Photonics.com (Photonic Engineering Magazine)

Laser Focus World (Global Photonics Industry news site)

OptoIQ (Latest news on optical technology industry)

...& finally the company website itself:

...their press release page:

...& the actual press release document itself:

[edit on 1/6/2009 by moobaawoof]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join