It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official MI5 warning against terrorism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Original story on Yahoo! France here

The text says:
"Terrorism: first public warning from the MI5

LONDON (AP) - The british secret service, the MI5, have publicly warned against international terrorism for the first time on Friday.

"The threat remains real and serious", says the information agency on its internet website. "On several occasions, Oussama ben Laden publicly named the Great Britain and the British interests as targets on which attacks are encouraged."

These informations, traditionally reserved for the government, are mainly intended for firms. The objective of the MI5 is to inform on the measures to be taken to protect against those threats, says its general director Eliza Manningham-Buller.

The publication of these informations is accompanied by recommendations on the management of terrorist risk. It is recommended to firms, amongst others, to prevent access to their installations by any stranger, to cut dense bushes around the buildings, and to dispose of superfluous furniture."

More info on www.mi5.gov.uk...

Hopefully, it won't be useful to know...

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Nice site but there's nothing urgent there. Primarily general info.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Its actually just general advice - but this time issued by an agency who might actually capture some attention. There is nothing specific - we used to have this kind of advice issued by the Met Police regarding IRA terrorism during the 70's and 80's but with the heightened profile i guess comes the higher authority.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
That is right, and it doesn't make me feel afraid of anything or it doesn't alarm me, but it is actually the first time ever they come forward publicly with this kind of thing.

I said I hope it won't be useful. Sounds like the 11th of September that some people have been taking as a not serious threat earlier...

Better be careful now, it is too late afterwards...

new topics

top topics

join