It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nevada Partnership Bill Now Law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Nevada Partnership Bill Now Law

www.nytimes.com

The Nevada Legislature voted into law a domestic partnership registry for same-sex and unmarried straight couples on Sunday evening, with the Assembly mustering the two-thirds vote required to override a veto by Gov. Jim Gibbons, a Republican.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I support this move by the Nevada Legislature, and I dont support much that they do. While it is not same sex marriage, (Nevada actually has a constitutional ban on same sex marriage) it give domestic partner couple the same rights as a spouse under law. Hopefully soon Nevada will allow multiple domestic partners in effect giving certain religious denominations that allow for multiple wives etc to have the same benefits.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkStormCrow

I was against the whole "same sex marriage" for a variety of reasons, but this makes sense. If only California would do the same thing it would stop all the ridiculous protests.
Nevada was smart.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
What I liked about the way this law was written, is that it also allows straight couples to become domestic partners, taking the religious debate out of the issue as many view marriage as a religious function.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkStormCrow

Wow. A common sense law. Dang, it's a miricle that politicians actually thought of it. Again, I was against the marriage part because of religeous reasons, but this just eliminates any arguement or debate. I'd star and flag this. . .(but I don't know how. . . )

new topics

top topics

join