It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At a crossroads regarding spiritual belief

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by seagrass

I just read that again and you are right, it is a great quote.

Do you mind ElectroMagnetic Multivers?

woodwardjnr, I am sorry you are in that position. It might be hard but try not to be scared and think positive, you may find it helps.

[edit on 2/6/09 by dmorgan]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by dmorgan

I just read that again and you are right, it is a great quote.

Do you mind ElectroMagnetic Multivers?
He won't mind, and all knowledge is shared because we all know it somewhere. It is not owned by anyone. That is oneness.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Another great quote seagrass, and very true!

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
When I was 16, I was in a car crash that should have killed me. My first memory after the impact was of looking down at myself while the paramedics strapped me on a rack and put on a neck brace.

Had to have been an OBE.

What I did before the crash was foolish, and very much believe "something" said "oh heck no, she is going back in that body and continuing on, she is not done yet!"

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by wclv13
When I was 16, I was in a car crash that should have killed me. My first memory after the impact was of looking down at myself while the paramedics strapped me on a rack and put on a neck brace.

Had to have been an OBE.

What I did before the crash was foolish, and very much believe "something" said "oh heck no, she is going back in that body and continuing on, she is not done yet!"
I'd like to hear more if you'd like to share.. what happened next? And what do you think about all of it now?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Off to a lunch date. Thanks for asking, will be on again in a few hours and reply.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by wclv13
Off to a lunch date. Thanks for asking, will be on again in a few hours and reply.
Most likely I will still be here.. lol

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Unrelated, but I just had this weird experience reading these posts. I heard the sound of hammers hitting wood, like at a building site. Anyone playing Age of Empires? That construction sound of the hammer hitting wood. It sounded so real and it was inside my head, not out to the side like these sounds usually are.

Probably just because it's 5a.m.

[edit on 2/6/09 by dmorgan]

Wood peckers!!! They're all around mine aswell, there is a nest of them outside my mates house. I was proper vexed when I first heard it, so confused for ages, lol.

EMM

edit to add: Do I mind what? Lol, I've missed something.

Also to say, I try not to see it as right or wrong, it's just how you choose you persue your life. Some may not believe in anything, and personally, I think that is where they need to be, others believe in proof, what they see, what they know, that is also where they need to be, others dont see a need for proof, it just feels right when they hear it, that is also where they need to be, and all inbetween, lol.

He won't mind, and all knowledge is shared because we all know it somewhere. It is not owned by anyone. That is oneness

Ahh, OK, I see, no not at all, it is not mine, I can't remember if I read it, or thought of it, but either way, it isn't mine.

[edit on 2-6-2009 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
no construction or vid games here.. quiet really. kinda nice.. must be tapping into EMM's domain.

[edit on 2-6-2009 by seagrass]couldn't seem to get your initials right there

[edit on 2-6-2009 by seagrass]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

We are spiritual beings that inhabit a physical being while we exist on the physical plane, then when the body dies we move on, and find out who we are.

The problem I'm having is, all of the NDE reports I've read or watched describe a christian experience with God. Could this just be their interpretation of what is happening at the time?

Then search elsewhere on the Web, as there are plenty of other experiences around.

Does the whole light tunnel experience only happen to people who believe in "heaven" and "god"? Because I don't follow a particular religion, will I miss out on this experience?

No, the experience is there to all who seek it.

So what do I do? Is "spiritual" a type of religion? I know from watching that doco that some scientists and doctors are finding out that it's possible for the mind to exist outside the body. Maybe it's just the truth, and "death" is a big lie?

Of course life goes on outside the body. You are working out the matter using your own thoughts, so don't mind the fact that some people say yes, and others say no. The closer you get to a religion (all religions), the closer you are to having your ability to think freely ring-fenced by those who run the religion; and the dogma of the said religion.

Should I just keep my current stance on the subject? i.e. no religion, but believing in spirits. Does that make sense? People have asked me how I can't believe in God, when I believe in spirits and life after death...

Yes, keep your ability to think outside the boxes set up by other people. Research and build your own philosophy.

This is my 34th Human incarnation in this 3rd dimensional world. That is, the same Soul/Mind/Spirit complex, incarnating in 34 different human bodies; male, female, black, white brown and yellow. This life's better than the last one though; when I was in the middle of the Crimean War as a British Army Cavalry Officer; that was horrible. I wonder how many you have had?

Prime Creator is what most people mean when they say 'God'. But there are a group of Creator Gods who created this particular universe which we live in (Yes, there are many other universes). Every ensouled being is created by Prime Creator. Do you know what? Prime Creator and the Creator Gods don't believe in religion, as they know it is a manmade creation, where the whole truth is not revealed.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I am sort of envious that you know your past lives. How has that helped this one? And I would like to ask you, how come you never hear about future lives if there is no time and all is happening now? Or other universal lives? We aren't "allowed" to know?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

But you could have more past lives than me!! You see, it's just that I'm curious, and decided to find out some more about it. We are all the same; nobody is better than anyone else.

Knowing that has helped me understand about the various realities of existence, life both in and out of the body. But, the more I know, the more I realise how much I have yet to learn.

As 3rd Dimensional beings, we measure time in a linear manner, but outside and above the 3rd Dimension, the past, present and future, are all the same. But, having said that, it is an almost impossible task for us to fully comprehend that, as we are now.

The very highest part of our mind is currently in another dimension, and has been for all of these various incarnations, and it is perfectly possible for that mind/soul/spirit complex to have more than one incarnation at any one time.

There are ways of finding out things that we may think we are not 'allowed' to know, but commensurate with our level of spiritual development, answers can be obtained. Sometimes people aren't allowed to know things, when it would be like giving a nuclear weapon to a chimpanzee, no disrespect to our fellow mammals.

Did you know that the most spiritually advanced beings on the planet are Dolphins & Whales? In a spiritually dark world, they have held onto the light energy for countless thousands of years, and continue to do so. We owe them much for our survival.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I have heard that about whales and dolphins. I assumed they were closer to our own levels though. And I have been in the presence of wild dolphins. I put my hand out and asked for one to come to me. It was the king dolphin who swims on the outer ring. I had no idea that they feel like velvet. It was a powerful feeling.. and I was almost afraid of them.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Tallsorts

Interesting post, I'd love to know my past lives, as I believe I have had them. I agree with you about the past lives and future lives happening simaltaneously, like comparing our current computers to quantum computers. We see reincarnation happening lifetime after lifetime, just as the 0's and 1's are checked systematically. In a Quantum computer, they are all searched at once.

IMO, each life creates more lives we could've lived, 'alternate realities', so even though they all happen at once, some won't be 'activated' until the event didn't happen in our reality, this could be as small as not making a cup of tea, when it crossed your mind, too saving the world! ...When it crosed your mind Lol.

This is quite confusing, lol.

I imagine it as a simaltaneous search, yielding new information and new searches being created off those 'branches'.

Then again, thats only as I see it, a constant search for experience.

EMM

Edit to add: Lol, knew i'd forgotten something.

I have heard that about whales and dolphins. I assumed they were closer to our own levels though. And I have been in the presence of wild dolphins. I put my hand out and asked for one to come to me. It was the king dolphin who swims on the outer ring. I had no idea that they feel like velvet. It was a powerful feeling.. and I was almost afraid of them.

From what I've read, they are higher than us, spiritually speaking. I have never had the privelage of swimming with Dolphin's but I would love too.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
To the OP, I would recommend reading the Sermon on the Mount in the book of Mathew - not because I want to see you convert to Christianity, but because the whole of the philosophy and metaphysics of Christianity, in terms of what Jesus was wanting to communicate, is summed up there. The Parable of the Good Samaritan is also another good study, wherein the conception of Loving God above all and neighbor as self, is illustrated.

We are all children of a loving God and part of the great family of God, living eternally in the house of God (non-local, holographic quantum consciousness matrix).

From all the NDE stories I've read, the central theme seems to be that we are led to evaluate everything we think and do relative to the standard of love, and that we are here to learn love, and that's what it's all about.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tallsorts

Did you know that the most spiritually advanced beings on the planet are Dolphins & Whales? In a spiritually dark world, they have held onto the light energy for countless thousands of years, and continue to do so. We owe them much for our survival.

I have heard this too. All those stories of dolphins protecting humans from danger amaze me. And I find it so heart breaking when humans trap these beautiful creatures to slaughter them, letting them bleed to death in such a horrible way.

OmegaPoint - I will try and get my hands on that book. There might be one lying around here from my school days. I attended a christian school, don't ask me why

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass

There are many Universes in Creation, and we live on one tiny planet in one of those Universes. Our Universe was infected by dark energy hundreds of thousands of years ago, and it was like a virus infection which kept on spreading. Many people have been infected by dark energy, and they are the ones who have imprisoned us in a system currently known as the Global Economy. Would it surprise you to know that the upper echelons of many of the World Religions are also ruled by dark energy, designed to keep people in a state of ignorance, as to the true nature of God and our origins?

We have been deprived of the Natural Abundance to which we are entitled by decree of God (Prime Creator). Some of us are better off than others, where on parts of our planet people drink polluted water, starve, and don't have adequate dwellings. Whereas the dark people who run the system, have multiple properties, and life the lifestyle of the rich. It was never meant to be this way, as there is enough for all, but those who seized power denied other people their due rights. Fortunately, there are many people alive today who are still able to hold onto the light, and the number grows daily.

Over many hundreds of thousands of years, the Dolphins and Whales have held onto the the light, for had they not, our lives would be even worse than they are currently.

Inside of every one of us is a piece of Prime Creator (God), whether we know it or not, and thus we are all related to each other. That child in Burma working 12 hours per day in a paddy field with no proper food or shelter is my brother/sister, and it hurts like the blazes. The misguided dark energy people who run our societies are also my brothers/sisters, and that hurts too, because they have gone down a long negative path, and their journey back into the light will be a protracted one.

It has taken a very long time for ways to be found to overthrow the dark energy, but every day that passes is a day nearer their downfall, and by Divine Decree, we shall once again live in Abundant Love as we were meant to, and not in Spiritual Darkness and Fear. One day, even the religions will be required to teach the whole truth.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectroMagnetic Multivers
Interesting post, I'd love to know my past lives, as I believe I have had them.

In that case, just Google 'Akashic Counselor' and find one who can consult the Akashic Records and give you the information you require, at a price you're willing to pay.

[edit on 3/6/2009 by Tallsorts]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by dmorgan

I believe in spirits and the after-life, and the only God I believe in is the physical Earth which supplies everything I need to survive here.

Personally, I think people experience the things they "expect" to experience, perhaps to make it less of a shock, a method of protecting the mind during a traumatic experience maybe?

I fully believe that when we die, it's simply a point of moving on to another existence.
We see clues of it on Earth; the caterpillar in the cocoon before becoming a butterfly, for example.

I have always believed that we are here to learn. Perhaps we have other lives on Earth as other animals?

You don't have to believe in a creator to believe in an after-life. Just as we see no creator in our life, why does there have to be one to explain an after-life? Perhaps it's all just a naturally occurring process of existence without a guardian of any kind looking over it?

Nothing is ever truly destroyed or created. Matter becomes life, and when that matter dies, it returns to the Earth. So why would Humans think that the spirit within us is any different to this process?
When we die, our bodies return to the Earth and our spirit returns to...

Ultimately, while it makes for interesting discussion, no one can tell you what you should believe. No one on Earth can give you answers as no one has any more information about it than you do.

Good discussion though.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

I believe in spirits and the after-life, and the only God I believe in is the physical Earth which supplies everything I need to survive here.

Personally, I think people experience the things they "expect" to experience, perhaps to make it less of a shock, a method of protecting the mind during a traumatic experience maybe?

I fully believe that when we die, it's simply a point of moving on to another existence. We see clues of it on Earth; the caterpillar in the cocoon before becoming a butterfly, for example.

I have always believed that we are here to learn. Perhaps we have other lives on Earth as other animals?

You don't have to believe in a creator to believe in an after-life. Just as we see no creator in our life, why does there have to be one to explain an after-life? Perhaps it's all just a naturally occurring process of existence without a guardian of any kind looking over it?

Nothing is ever truly destroyed or created. Matter becomes life, and when that matter dies, it returns to the Earth. So why would Humans think that the spirit within us is any different to this process?
When we die, our bodies return to the Earth and our spirit returns to...

Ultimately, while it makes for interesting discussion, no one can tell you what you should believe. No one on Earth can give you answers as no one has any more information about it than you do.

You seem to have worked things out for yourself very well, it seems to me, but there may be more for you to uncover for yourself.

What happens if a water-main bursts, or some grass needs cutting and hedges trimming? Well, maintenance people do that, don't they? If we limit our thoughts to just our own Universe, it is so gigantic and complex, and of a scale that makes human constructions on Earth look puny, could it really be created by just a big bang; an accident? It's so vast and diverse; who maintains it?

I'm not going to comment any further, or provide the answers, because I don't want to spoil the moment of discovery for you, assuming you decide to find out more.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join