It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New type of cloud found

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
when can a cloud just be a cloud?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Oh!, and those pics of clouds look awesome...
, you guys now got me wanting to go outside and start looking at clouds...

[edit on 2-6-2009 by nowshining]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Well sorry guys but it looks like a rendered paste job
Look at theese and they are NOT real
www.planetside.co.uk...
www.planetside.co.uk...

Well ?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sweevo
Well sorry guys but it looks like a rendered paste job
Look at theese and they are NOT real
www.planetside.co.uk...
www.planetside.co.uk...

Well ?

The difference is that those were made in terragen and these are real and have been studied by scientists.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Those pictures of the clouds look really REALLY fake to me for some reason. Maybe it's the quality of the picture, or maybe it's just me, but c'mon: they look digitally designed!

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by slicely
We see those clouds at least once a year over Minneapolis/St. Paul over the summer months, and I have seen them over other metropolitan areas during or after a big storm. It's awesome that they are getting their own distinction now. Cool! It's always a menacing sight to see..

Nice to see another Minnesotan around ATS. I'm just south of the cities, Prior lake to be exact...
now back on topic...

Yes some of those bubbly looking clouds are very commin here in the cities before or after extremely bad weather in the summer. I chase and film storms as a hobby and see them quite often, very awesome and ominous looking...

PEACE!!!

[edit on 04/16/2009 by Lichter daraus]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I've seen clouds like that. Good to know - because I never could figure out what "category" of cloud formation they should belong to. They didn't have a category to belong to.

Yes, they are real. Like one of the other posters, I am in the Calgary, Alberta area.

If it makes you feel better, even when you see them in the sky you think "WTH, that looks like somebody painted the sky!" The best ones I saw were about 15 years ago, and they were literally ebony black, and they had a deep red lining around edges. Even the crows were freaking out.

[edit on 2009/6/2 by Aeons]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by nowshining
when can a cloud just be a cloud?

When they look the way they used to when I was young. Now the skies are different it's plain to see.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Pardon my ignorance here, but could osmeone explain to me what a cloud breaker is?

2nd line

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Hmmm... to keep the conspiracy side of the new clouds going, here is some fuel for the fire.

How about that scene in the matrix, where Morpheus is showing Neo the deserts of the 'Real'. He says that he knows it was 'Us(real people, not machines), who scorched the skies.'

The video he shows Neo is just a black landscape with Gloomy and Demonic clouds raging over the land.

Check it out.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Wow, very true they look heavy!

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gyrochiral
reply to post by Extralien

Ahhh..thanks for this. I had forgotten how much I admire Kate Bush.
Is this not the song depicting the dark side of her relationship with her brother??

Back on topic: Cloud Busting by KB is acceptable as cloudbreaking !!!!!
Sidereally of course..

Peace..

What was in the deleted post?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
reply to post by Extralien

Thats one of my favourite songs of all time

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

what was it?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

I have never seen clouds like these, just awesome.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

It was a video and the written lyrics of a song by Kate Bush..
"CloudBusting"

I am truly perplexed as to why it would have been removed. It was not at all
off topic. I felt that it was absolutely on. Perhaps it had to do with copy writing
regulations. hmmmm...Not sure.

You can view the video here:

www.youtube.com...

Peace...

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
when Ifirst read the topic title Iwas pretty surprised, how is a new cloud form just... found? Do people not look at the sky enough? Do they not fly throughout it enough to have noticed this cloud formation earlier? Whats the explanation on how this cloud formation remained hdiden, how does a cloud even hide from sight?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I do not think that this is necessarily a "new" cloud. It is a new naming and classification of this cloud formation. They are Asperatus clouds, of the cumunolimbus variety of storm clouds; however, these asperatus do not always result in precipitation.

They appear, to me, to be the result of pollutants. I have seen them for years now in several states and a couple of other countries. They are dark, heavy, mettalic, foreboding, EAPoe-ish, etc...etc....They speak for themselves.

check out the site below for more information and awesome pics:

www.cloudappreciationsociety.org

Peace...

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I have seen similiar clouds to these prior to and during tornado's here in the Dallas area on a few occasions during my life.

The first was when I was about 10 (30 years ago). They are a murky green, like mossy water. The little "lumps" on the bottoms tend to drop twisters at times. Usually when they have shown up, the rain has subsided a bit and it freakin cold-in the summer time!

When we have foul weather, I look to the skies. If its blue, it may be interesting but not likely a tornado coming. If its green, hold on to your butt and find a safe place.

The scientists say that the monster stratocumulus (I believe thats right) generates the twister beasts....I PREFER the "thunderheads" to the great "nothing" clouds.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
First time I saw mammatus clouds they creeped me out. First thing I thought of when I saw the pic in the OP was mammatus clouds. Go ahead, google it.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Cloud Appreciation Society. That sounds like a neat crowd. Makes you wonder what other societies and organizations are out there.

Is there a group of people that get together to gawk at door knobs?

I wouldn't be surprised. Interesting cloud formations though.

What next?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join