It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New type of cloud found

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Avarus

you are right,
as I recall there was exceptional turbulence in a fairly small area over
the Mourne Mountains,but very heavy looking and dark and first thought
was that a real bad lightening storm or worse was about to happen,
but as it turned nothing happened and that part of the sky
became normal again after a time.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there zero evidence that chemtrails even exist?

I've read opinions but have never seen any scientific info about chemtrails.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I wonder if any of the kind of clouds shown in this thread are on historical paintings. (17th till 19th century)

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I've seen similar here in Florida in the summer, when a VERY strong front was approaching from the west or northwest, a rare summer event.
What I know about them is you can expect a really good pounding within the next few hours. And the other poster was correct, I call this a tornado sky.
To the poster that expessed fear when seeing this phenomena, I get out of the way and hunker down, no matter where I happen to be.

What is intriguing to me, anyway is how the color is reminiscent of a fresh black eye, Momma Nature telling us something?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
they almost don't look real... kinda scary.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
[edit on 1-6-2009 by angel7sn]

[edit on 1-6-2009 by angel7sn]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Orion52

Yes, I agree with you absolutely. I have seen them for years here in Texas and it is usually associated with a very strong front with Tornado watches in effect. Just finally classifying them is all.

I do admit they are beautiful in a demonic sort of way. Makes no sense does it.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
My husband also commented that they look demonic, and he takes lightning pictures and tries to get a picture of a tornado.

I also thought of gravity waves when I saw those photos. There's also a type of straight line storm that seems to be happening more frequently, according to the weather channel.

Pretty awesome, in a take cover kinda way.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Before you get all agitated, please recall that we are not talking about a new phenomenom, but rather merely a nomenclature change, a refinement of existing categories. These sorts of clouds have existed since...well, not sure exactly but I do know of several paintings that depict them from centuries earlier. I'll try to find references when I have the time.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Awesome clouds.

I am always looking at the sky myself, and while driving through Arizona on Saturday I snapped my own pic of this one:

files.abovetopsecret.com...

It took it Saturday while driving through the desert on highway US-89

What was most interesting to me was the cool wind that came from that cloud, and as I got closer to it I expected rain but it was pouring mostly ice, pea sized hail. and it was 95 degrees away from those clouds.

The glow from that cloud was why I stopped to take the pictures.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Those clouds look surreal, this is oddly out of the ordinary and has not been here until recently.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by phi1618]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I'm not proposing a conspiracy, because why would there be one here, but I have to say those pictures look like HDR photos I've seen. HDR makes all sorts of crazy/beautiful pictures out of ordinary things...

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Those are some creepy clouds, I keep imagining a huge Independance Day type mothership coming out of them.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I as well have noticed these clouds alot, in fast just on the weekened. And sometimes they have two layers where top top layer is stationary, and the bottom one rolls under it.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

To naysayers, pseudo-skeptics, and those who get violently angry every time someone says something you can't believe in, everything in this post is proof of my stupidity and you are only wasting your time reading this. DON'T BOTHER. Thank you.

Well there is no conclusive proof to what I am saying, and it is purely speculative, but these clouds look Aetheric/etheric in nature. Some people believe that the Earth's energy levels are rising, and how does one explain a totally recent world wide phenomenon such as a new species of cloud?

Most likely, this statement is grounds for me to be executed by those who only believe that 20th and 21st century explanations are true and valid, I DON'T CARE! Many ancient peoples believed in the Aether/ether, and I feel that these world wide occurrences could possibly be due to the recent continuing collapse of the Earth's magnetic field. This could allow for what has been considered only postulation at best (Aether/ether) to gradually become visible as the fairly reliable Earth magnetic field begins to flux in a manner that we have not yet experienced in our lifetimes.

Magic clouds do not exist, however I refuse to believe that every concept since the dawn of man up to the industrial revolution (except for Christianity of course) is wrong and they were simply primitives. I believe there could be an ancient explanation to these formations and that our entire bio-sphere is undergoing massive changes and these possibly Aetheric/etheric cloud formations are evidence of this.

These statements are purely speculative, and if they anger you, you do not belong on ATS, PERIOD. Believe what you want and post intelligently.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Saw clouds like that the other day here in DFW, TX. Similar today, but not as heavy.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nineteen
Those clouds look purely demonic. Haven't seen anything like that ever and you may well be right about the chemtrails, and I might add what about the HAARP technology.

Then you haven't seen those foreboding, evil looking Mammatus clouds! Have a peek at this...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a03baa29c7ca.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/edc3ba7d25d0.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4a1f7580677c.jpg[/atsimg]

Cheers!

These photos were taken by Jorn Olsen, he lives on Heartwell Park in Hastings, Nebraska.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

Then you haven't seen those foreboding, evil looking Mammatus clouds! Have a peek at this...

What the hell!....

Now ive seen clouds where I live that are sort of a mild version of the second from the bottom photo on the BBC site. ie youve got macro and micro pattern turbulence going on but just not as smooth in the macro pattern as you get in those shots.

Anyone else get the willies when they look at those pics of mikesinghs
sort of like something aint natural about em. Although I dont believe they have anything to do with Chem trails.

Is the color in those photos genuine?

Edit:- hmm anyone else a little confused by the white edge to the trees in that last photo?... something is telling me those are errr done up, or at least that last one.

Originally posted by mikesingh
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4a1f7580677c.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 2-6-2009 by BigfootNZ]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
* I'm member 7984 of the CAS

AH So your a cloud geek... who would have figured?

I take it you don't agree with the reclassification?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join