It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New type of cloud found

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

GREAT catch. S&F.

...I'm thinking wonky magnetosphere, shifting magnetic poles.

They look "demonic" as someone said, but I sure do like them. Exciting. Like tornado / superstorm formations - I have seen similar ones when there have been tornadoes in my area. Will watch more closely next time.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
If you read the captions, these clouds already exist and have been named and classified already. these are just very extreme examples -- that is why they want them to be classified as their own "species" of cloud.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Stunning natural display. It's an insult to mother nature that rubbish like "chemtrails" is mentioned along side these pictures.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Maybe chemtrails and these beauties are/not connected, who knows!

In all honesty I believe our atmosphere is slowly being changed from a high oxygen content to thinner air oxygen content. New changes for a new Beginning.

Time will tell I guess!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
OH YEAH! I should say where! I have seen cloulds like the ones presented in the link in the Ozark mountain area right along the AR and MO border.

I was expecting some weird science fiction cloud! But yeah, those clouds are fairly common in the Ozarks with storms. I've seen them so many times they just seemed normal to me! Who knew they were so unique? Just goes to show you learn something new everyday!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
dang, if it wasnt on BBC news I would say FAKE!
but it is, so its not... lol

I love clouds, so new ones will be fun to look at, we just have to question why they are forming now...

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Orion52
I was expecting some weird science fiction cloud!

This is a freaky one

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4d054ad07fae.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
We see those clouds at least once a year over Minneapolis/St. Paul over the summer months, and I have seen them over other metropolitan areas during or after a big storm. It's awesome that they are getting their own distinction now. Cool! It's always a menacing sight to see..

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy
dang, if it wasnt on BBC news I would say FAKE!
but it is, so its not... lol

I love clouds, so new ones will be fun to look at, we just have to question why they are forming now...

I don't think it's a case of new clouds forming. They've been around, just not scientifically classified. I see them all the time when it's cloudy or before a storm front rolls through.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Ahhhh..a lovely pic....
Gorgeous sun bounce..

and right at the Rene Magritte hour!!!
which is what I call dusk...

Thanks!!

Peace...

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
In my life I have never seen these types of clouds and if I did I would be disturbed. They look way too heavy.
A couple of thoughts pop to mind.
- Some type of reconstituting of the atmoshere. Like terra forming but air. Someone needs to send a weather balloon into these and check the levels, too creepy. HAARP mabee?
- They look like something the hubble might pick up in deep space.
- Finally, for my conspirital mind, the first result of our reality moving into it's next density.

Thanks for the thread, I am going to spend some time looking into these a bit, to be honest these points I have made are an initial gut reaction, and I know nothing about clouds.

Cheers.
Filter

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I can't really tell, but at first the images seemed fake, almost as if they clouds were photoshopped. I would like to see some more images of these unique clouds...

link   
reply to post by karl 12

It looks like a giant red blood cell!

link   
Great find OP, S&F!

Truly demonic, I would love to witness them in person, as I love photographing and experiencing extreme weather.
This would be a great thing to witness.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I've seen these kinds of clouds before, and oddly, I noticed a lot of times, they seemed to vaguely be similar to the landscape and air currents, bu tin reverse. They're also very low and heavy and dark because they're low and thick. menacinig looking but really cool at the same time.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Good Find
I live outside of Calgary Alberta, I have only been noticing similar cloud formations for the last few years here. Which incidentally coincides with the time I started checking out ATS. I look up lots more now

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I saw some clouds like that the other day, you would of been shocked by how many people pulled over on the road and took pictures, my initial though was "UFO!!" no just weird looking clouds.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I think its Venus... or bird.

Ok seriously...iv never seen clouds like that... unluck? probably

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Maybe Nineteen and Filter are close with the HAARP thing,
those pics of clouds almost look as if something like a wave was passing through part of them.
I'm sure there are supposed HAARP effects on clouds on youtube
somewhere.

www.youtube.com...

interesting,in this video is that a HAARP spokesman is quite nervous?

[edit on 1-6-2009 by smurfy]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoffinFeeder
I've seen these kinds of clouds before, and oddly, I noticed a lot of times, they seemed to vaguely be similar to the landscape and air currents, bu tin reverse. They're also very low and heavy and dark because they're low and thick. menacinig looking but really cool at the same time.

Clouds should be related to the landscape in type of 'negative' formation. I have seen those clouds a lot of times all over the country. It is great to hear there are several people here that have visited the Ozarks, that is where I grew up! I have also seen the clouds as part of our afternoon showers in Florida, and the Springtime storms in OK and TX. I think they are a product of violent turbulence within the clouds, but they are gorgeous and spooky!

The clouds (in general / not just these) form a negative image of the landscape sometimes because of updrafts created by hills, and hot or cold spot on the earth. Mall parking lots or WalMart parking lots get very hot and cause a 'thermal' updraft that carries moist air up and condensates into clouds. The upper level winds blow these "Cumulus" clouds away from the thermal slowly and sometimes even create sporadic rain in the summertime afternoons. Hills, ponds, dense foliage and other forms of terra can do the same thing.

Question:

Why have I never heard of "Cloud Breakers," and what is the purpose of it? I get the concept from reading the posts, but I don't understand the why, lol!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join