It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Drained' Susan Boyle reportedly in U.K. clinic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Source Link

updated 4:19 a.m. ET June 1, 2009
LONDON - Scottish singer Susan Boyle was taken to a London clinic for treatment following her second-place finish in a nationwide talent competition, a newspaper reported Monday.

Boyle, 48, was admitted to the Priory Clinic on Sunday, a day after she finished behind a male dance group in the "Britain's Got Talent" television show, the Sun newspaper reported.

Boyle was the heavy favorite to win the finals — watched by over 19 million people — after becoming a YouTube sensation following her first appearance on the show in April. By Friday, the pressure appeared to be building relentlessly on the shy singer, who reportedly went into seclusion after exploding at journalists from Britain's notoriously aggressive tabloids.

Maybe she should not have entered Britain's got Talent show ..

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Care factor - 0

BTS awaits this thread!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
and this has to do with serious global events? My wife had a tummay ache last night as well, maybe that is worth a mention.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I thought she was ok for an amateur, but when I compared her 'memories' to Barbara.. well... not even close but good effort. They probably whirlwinded her through this thing, manipulated her, PIMPED her to get their ratings then ditched her. She was probably treated like the Queen for several weeks then kicked to the curb. Then freaked.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I just thought it was current events..

I'm no fan of these lamebrain shows...

Just thought You lot are 'into' this high level of entertainment...

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Poor woman from a sheltered life was put in a fish bowl and had everyone poke fun at her. Her reaction is understandable and doesn't detract from her qualities as a singer.

I hope she gets it all back together and resumes singing.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Why is this at ATS? Since when was Susan Boyle as "conspiracy" or "Alternative Topic"?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
She has the best untrained voice I've ever heard. She gave me goosebumps and for her sake I'm glad she came second because she will be free of the shows contract arragement for winners. The pressure is off and she can make her own way independently with her own choice of manager and terms.

I wish her all the best, she deserves it.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by sy.gunson

She put herself in a fishbowl my my friend! She knew what she was signing up for. Now it looks like she will be 16 million richer without even winning the contest. I'm sure her breakdown wont last too long.

It appears she was a sore looser too! Hmmmm

IRM

[edit on 1/6/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Piranha

Its just me not paying attention, too many threads, this is supposed to go in the BTS forum, havent singed up for that yet..

Feel free to remove or delete or something moderator ...

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

No, problem. Was just interested! It is rather unusual that she has come under this much pressure, this late in the series (pointing out final was the other night.) She had kept her composure relatively well through the season!

new topics

top topics

join