It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to send a message to ET? Go ahead!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
SETI has launched Earth Speaks which is basically a site which lets you submit text/audio/video so they can gather a general consensus as to what humans would want to say to ET life if it existed.

“If we discover intelligent life beyond Earth, should we reply, and if so, what should we say?”

Head on over to the site, register and share your message. If you want to share your message on ATS it would also be awesome.

Heres some special ones ive seen so far:

1. Hello, we are a somewhat intelligent life form. Please don’t talk to our politicians, governments or news media. They are a poor example of our species. Talk to our children you will find the best of us. Love, curiosity, and wonder of new things. Welcome! We have a beautiful planet!

2. We showed your ours, no show us yours.

3. Do not contact the world leaders or goverments. Contact the people.

4. You've heard our radio broadcasts, you've watched our television. Are you sure you want to speak to us? Ok, we're not really that bad. But be sure to take off your shoes as you pass through security. No liquids allowed over 100ml. Sorry about all this, we've got to protect ourselves against inter-planetary terrorism.

So ATS, care to share your message?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Hello other members of our solar locality,
hope you are all well.
We hope you will accept our invitation to come and hang-out with us, and learn the meaningless pursuits that make us feel good and at times happy.
we would like to learn your ways also in an amicable fashion.
Come for a BBQ and a few beverages!
Kriskali777

thats something like I'd start with, an informal invitation......would only hope that they can understand it!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Just remember that you can send pictures as well, sometimes a picture can speak more than words ever can. I've got a few ideas in mind i would consider sending.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I'm goig to include the following.

Hello from a randon Citizen of the Planet we call Earth.
If you wish to come and visit the population here on our Homeworld then please heed the following advice.
When you approach our world you will be 'contacted' by our Governments, or military. As you will be aware as you approach our Home you will notice that our civilisation is not space faring , but we will get to that in a few lines.
We are a fractured society with no real leader but a collection of countries each with their own laws agendas and customs.
The general population have come to rely on appointed citizens to control the administraion of our societies and quite a lot of the time do not do a very good job of it, they are duplicitous and paranoid about not only to each other but to any Offworlder they encounter.
If you approach our Planet then you may be fired upon by them or the military, it IS NOT an indication of the general population's intentions as we citizenry wish to make peaceful contact with others like yourselves.
The general population have been misled by those appointed to positions of Government and have been lied to on numerous occasions, but the real trouble is what we citizens are told, we are never told the truth.
So with this warning , we the citizenry wish to meet you but can only offer this warning to you should you wish to come here to us. Please be careful , be cautious but most of all be assured that we the people mean you no harm. We CANNOT say the same of the Governments..

Had to edit it to less than 512 characters to just

"Hello from a Citizen of Earth.
The general population have come to rely on appointed citizens to control the administration of our societies and quite a lot of the time the appointed do not do a very good job of it, they are duplicitous and paranoid about not only to each other but to any Offworlder they encounter.
We the citizenry wish to meet you but can only offer this warning to you should you wish to come here to us. Be careful, but most of all be assured that we the people mean you no harm. "

What a crock

[edit on 1/6/09 by DataWraith]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I am going to write:

Why?

Why do you speak with the people that are supposedly working for the best interests of all of humanity and this earth if you are indeed a trustworthy race that can influence our race for the better, why do you not speak to all of humanity?

Why the daily cloak and dagger routine, what do you have to hide?

Of course I am not going to actually post it because this is a gimmick that is set up to monitor public opinion. [B]SETI[/B] is about as trustworthy as [B]HAARP[/B] and the [B]LHC[/B]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
"A/S/L?"

Seriously though I've no idea - how can you communicate with an alien in any way culpable to either of us.

I'll probably send a picture too.

-m0r

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Here's a message similar to the one broadcast for all of 2007:

MAYDAY MAYDAY MAYDAY SOS SOS SOS Send all ships. Send now.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by total newbie
reply to post by serbsta

Here's a message similar to the one broadcast for all of 2007:

MAYDAY MAYDAY MAYDAY SOS SOS SOS Send all ships. Send now.

I really don't want to get into a debate whether SETI is trustworthy or not, i just thought i would make a thread to see what ATS would say if they could communicate. Just using the idea from the site!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

please liberate the people of earth...kind of like how the US liberated the people of Iraq

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
We are still searching for actors in Backdoor Sluts 8: Xtreme Analprobing

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
"Come back in 50 years time, it might be safer. Right now our respective governments most likely responses are to shoot you down, steal your technology and then dissect your corpses"

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
"I don't belong here! Take me away from this madness!"

followed by house adress

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
"hey guys, Ever been to uranus?"

If someones already said that im gonna be so pissed

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
In the words of one the greatest presidents that have ever graced the White House.

There are some who feel like -- that the conditions are such that they can attack us there. My answer is, bring 'em on! We've got the force necessary to deal with the security situation.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

How about:
Hello and peace to you.
Please let all individuals that wish to join your intergalactic community at this time; at least be given a chance.
Take us away, we are ready to be representative of the Human race......
For those that wish to shed the futile skin of the modern earthly political way, we will strive to be faithful and integrate.
For those that wish to perpetuate suffering, and pointless domination through financial means.........the RayGun

new topics

top topics

join