It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swedish pirates have wind in their sails for EU vote

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Swedish pirates have wind in their sails for EU vote

www.google.com

STOCKHOLM (AFP) — A Swedish party which wants an Internet filesharing free-for-all, the Pirate Party, could become one of the surprise new entrants to the European parliament this week.

The party, which also wants to beef up Internet privacy, was founded in January 2006 and quickly attracted members angered by controversial laws adopted in the Scandinavian country that criminalised filesharing and authorised monitoring of emails.
[...]
Many members say they joined not only because they are die-hard fans of the Internet and filesharing, but because they fear a "Big Brother" society.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Some people with insight! Very well, stand up for your freedom and build some new, young and better parties. That's exactly the thing to do.

Me, personally, i may vote for the pirate party. Not that i love the idea of unrestricted file sharing, but i definitely want some guys who kick the security-mongers azzes

Note how the article ridicules the pary: "they fear a 'Big Brother' society"
No, they don't fear, they legitimately critizise the government for their laws, that restrict the peoples freedom of action.

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
maybe they should step up to the plate and focus on wider issues such as ending the EU state, stopping mass immigration, mulitculturalism, welfare dependence, state interference/control etc

Yeah, with regards to file sharing I agree, but it's like trying to put out a match in your garden when a house is on fire across the street

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
maybe they should step up to the plate and focus on wider issues

Yes, maybe, but maybe not everyone can save the world. Some people do what they like And, who knows, maybe they stand up against internet censor and that is significant

top topics

join