It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air France Plane down

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Coincidentally, last night I watched a documentary on the earths magnetic field.

The show described a large area in the Atlantic, off the coast of Brazil to be specific, where the magnetic field is incredibly week. Apparently the week field has catastrophic affects when satellites fly over the area, and parts of the Hubble are even shut down to avoid damage when it passes through.

They went on to explain how as time goes on, and the effects are significant at lower and lower altitudes, that planes could suffer failures, and their passengers even exposed to lethal radiation in this area.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
With MSM repeatedly saying the word "disappeared" in relation to this event as well as saying they have yet to find any wreckage, anyone else having flashes of the Webbot's line regarding people disappearing? Either it is a mysterious occurrence, or does the line really mean an increase in plane crashes (rationally related to poor maintenance due to $, weather occurrences, etc)?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by thomasblackraven

I don't remember the Webbot part about people disappearing (wasn't it kidnapped by "TPTB" or something?)

But,

I did remember the part about "planes falling out of the sky"........

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by thomasblackraven
With MSM repeatedly saying the word "disappeared" in relation to this event as well as saying they have yet to find any wreckage, anyone else having flashes of the Webbot's line regarding people disappearing? Either it is a mysterious occurrence, or does the line really mean an increase in plane crashes (rationally related to poor maintenance due to $, weather occurrences, etc)?

I'm having flashes of the tv show lost.

But really this is sad news, just imagine often we have families on these planes, I cannot imagine the pain of someone out there who has lost several family members all at once...

Even thou they say there is no hope left, let's still hope something turns up.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ::.mika.::
reply to post by larphillips

no it's not dificult, look sailing boats,
sailing races around the world (like vendee globe challenge as for example): we could follow in real time their very precise position all over the web...

[edit on 1-6-2009 by ::.mika.::]

Sure, but I doubt you could if every circuit of their tracking/global positioning gear were fried/melted/shattered into dust.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
news:

www.guardian.co.uk...

Peace...

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
This was hubris?

Just fly into it, the bird can take it?

The crew knew the storm was ahead from ATC. They may have even had onboard weather radar.

We are trained to stay out of T-Storms. What went wrong here?!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

map of known info , ACARS reported the elecrical and pressure problems at 02.14z (23.14lt) , which if im to speculate ,*gulp*

would be the A330 instead of dodging the CB at FL510 , went through the TS , suffered severe turbulance and broke up. which would account for the sudden SATCOM and ACARS stop in transmission.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
My guess is it was a lightning strike.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
This is in the guardian report:

Contact with the plane was lost five hours and 20 minutes after it took off. Unconfirmed reports in a Portuguese newspaper said passengers on board sent text messages saying "I love you" and "I am scared" to relatives when they realised their plane was in trouble. A report in the Jornal de Noticias cited a Brazilian official from an aviation union.

How could they text when there mobile phones cannot be used in planes due to the fact that they are out of range??

Weird to say the least.

www.guardian.co.uk...

[edit on 1-6-2009 by asala]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
would be the A330 instead of dodging the CB at FL510 , went through the TS , suffered severe turbulance and broke up. which would account for the sudden SATCOM and ACARS stop in transmission.

Maybe. A breakup inside TS is a pretty big guess though... violent but.. a breakup?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Some updated info coming in.. An updated passanger list will be given in 30 minuites,

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lebowski achiever
How could they text when there mobile phones cannot be used in planes due to the fact that they are out of range??

That isn't true, it is just that using your phone "could" affect the plane, so they ask you to turn them off or put them into airplane mode, next time you are on a plane, don't listen to them...see if you can txt

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I called a relative just now. Her husband works in Brazil and lives in France. He travels on that exact flight once a month. He is due home next week. He could have been on it and she is severely shaken.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by theuhstuf

I would still think that in mid-atlantic there are no gsm points anywhere to be found. I am not convinced.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by believer81

Originally posted by Harlequin

Maybe. A breakup inside TS is a pretty big guess though... violent but.. a breakup?

just going by the ACARS information - the last (and final) transmission was of electrical and pressurisation problems - which says to me its reporting a critical failure.

[edit on 1/6/09 by Harlequin]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
airlines need to install suitable equipment to enable safe and effective operation of mobile phones.

But some mobiles do work on planes from what i heard, Certain times if the plane is near ground ect flying low level,

Worth googling to find out more about it,

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I really kind of hate to start into just how much I distrust the Main Scream Media and government in general, but...

* The media has continued to apply the words 'vanished' and 'disappeared' in terms to describe what is otherwise a crash at sea. These lingering contrasts get your attention.

* To date, the 'struck by lightening' and 'electrical failure' tags don't hold a lot of weight. Planes are not subject to being 'struck' by lightening unless they are positioned to be between charged poles at the moment of discharge... which would be fairly rare in any instance and not what one would expect from an airliner at cruising altitude. Beyond that, the built-in system redundancies would make this all highly unlikely.

* There was just a whole lot of people talking about 'no hope' too soon after this all happened.

Heck, I am no rocket scientist but just from the standpoint of common reason, some of it just plays too much to both the cynic and and the skeptic in me.

I guess that's why I hang out here sometimes...

My sincere condolences to the family and friends of those aboard.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Bit of a back track from Air France,

Paris, FRANCE (BNO NEWS) -- Air France was incorrectly quoted in Brazilian news reports on Monday, apparently saying that details from the passenger list of Air France flight 447 had been released, a spokesman told BNO News.

According to several Brazilian news reports, which quoted Air France and was picked up by several international news organizations, the plane was carrying a total of 76 French, 18 Germans, 9 Italians, 6 Americans, 5 Chinese, 4 Hungarian, 2 Spanish, 2 British, 2 Moroccans and 2 Irish. One citizen from each of the following countries were also said to be on board: Angola, Argentina, Belgium, Iceland, Philippines, Norway, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Sweden, Austria and Turkey.

A spokesman for Air France, however, told BNO News that the reports came from an "invalidated" Air France statement, which had not been confirmed. Information on the passengers was said to be released soon, according to the spokesman, who stressed the numbers were incorrect. "The situation is a big confuse," he added.

adjix.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

Yes, when it is low to the ground, or even over land it would be. But on a plane over the atlantic, I am sure there are no access points. Unless it was over land and way off course. I would say that the report is bogus. But I will keep my eye open for any more news on it.

Edited to add this:

Part of the problem is that mobile phones emit signals even when they are not being used, if users leave them switched on.

They are hunting for their nearest ground station to make a connection

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 1/6/09 by Lebowski achiever]

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join