It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air France Plane down

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Sorry to report that Air France are now saying that there's no hope for the plane or it's passengers. . .
I've been following the story on Sky News and the Beeb and it all seems very confusing. Latest is that the plane reported a short circuit shortly after passing through heavy turbulence.
Seems all we can do is pray that they never suffered.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Will people stop asking if it’s gone into the Bermuda Triangle. The plane is flying nowhere near the Bermuda Triangle (do any of you have a map or even Google earth you can look at?).

It’s pretty clear to see......assuming you can locate Rio and Paris.

They will find the plane; it’s just a matter of when. They have already said that by now even if it was ok it would of ran out of fuel, so chances are it’s gone, with most people on board.

Mikey

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I don't think its a maintenance problem-in this economy everyone in ground operations is doing their best because heaven forbid they get fired....they might not find another job for quite a while. Airlines typically do not skimp on maintenance because heaven forbid there is a crash that will cost them muuuch more.....they know this. All planes are "grounded" for maintenance problems at the first sign and quite often as well.

Lightning is possible yet unlikely in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Well, this makes for a nice episode of Lost 5.
The ocean is so deep. How can you be sure it will be found? Wouldnt the debris be washed away after it has disintegrated?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by hitmen
The ocean is so deep. How can you be sure it will be found? Wouldnt the debris be washed away after it has disintegrated?

Yes exactly, they will be “washed away” and eventually wash up on shore, like most things.

It will have smashed into thousands of pieces, most of which float. So they will eventually start to find parts and bodies unfortunately. They always do, it’s just a matter of time.

Mikey

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by hitmen
Well, this makes for a nice episode of Lost 5.

Wow, how mindless and thoughtful of you

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
They had the retired BA pilot on Sky News who landed a plane after all four engines failed after flying through clouds of ash that originated from a volcano in Indonesia. He says that the biggest fear when there's a short circuit is fire. He says that if there was a fire the pilot would have no option but to ditch his plane, and the chances of pulling that off safely is remote.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by hitmen

Air France is saying since the plane wouldn't have had enough fuel it is definatley down....and it either "ditched in a controlled or uncontrolled fashion". Sadly, I'll have to say I believe the latter only because HE DID NOT MAKE AN EMERGENCY CALL which obviously means.....whatever happened...happened suddenly. That is the first on every checklist.

Either way debris would be there and be recognizable to search parties.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Brazilian aviation authorities on Monday began the search for an Airbus A330 of Air France which took off Sunday night in Rio de Janeiro to Paris and had 228 people on board.

According to aviation sources, the contact with the aircraft was lost approximately 03:00 local time (06:00 GMT) when over the Atlantic Ocean.
A spokesman of the Air Force said that the contact was lost when the aircraft was over a wide area between the ocean Brazilian archipelago of Fernando de Noronha and Ilha do Sal, Cape Verde belongs to.
Search operations in Brazil are concentrated in the waters of Fernando de Noronha, an archipelago located 540 kilometers away from Natal, northeastern city in the country.
The plane, which made the flight AF447, had left Rio de Janeiro shortly after 19:00 local time (22:00 GMT) for the Paris airports Roissy Charles de Gaulle.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/3ae264099dea00e4.jpg[/atsimg]
www.cooperativa.cl...

[edit on 1/6/2009 by internos]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamsrfree
Where there any Australians onboard? My 21 yo daughter and her boyfriend are travelling in that vicinity. Last contact I had with her was 5 days ago from France. They were bound for Rio, Spain and Morocco in which order I do not know. This news is very disurbing.

Instead of posting comments like this surely you should be trying to contact them? I know if someone I knew was travelling in that vicinity I wouldn't waste time posting comments here??????

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
hot news:

www.bangaloreaviation.com...

grounded march 22nd with major elecrical problems in the avionics bay

AND

a hydraulic problem when due to fly out

maybe a maintenance issue?

I think this information will play a major part in the investigation.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
It has definately gone down of this we can be sure. Only hope is it was something of a controlled emergency landing and some survivors are awaiting rescue, which is not impossible but at the same time unlikely. There are going to be many people affected by this, hoping, praying for a miracle of sorts and as ATS members we should also be praying for them.

As for all the people who seem to be all to eager to jump to conclusions about conspiracies, take your meds or jump off the weed as your attention seeking does no good.

Air France has a responsibility to not scare the relatives with unsubstantiated claims without solid evidence, I believe they have done a great job given the limited facts they have at hand. Yes they now presume the aircraft is lost, but mentioning HAARP, LHC, NASA etc and trying to tie it into this 'one solitarty aircraft' is a very big jump.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
OK, so lets look at what information we have here:

1: BBC News reports there was some sort of short circuit reported. So, looking on lines of electrical issues, we have a few ideas of what happened.
a) Electrical power failure: Unlikely, RAT, etc would cause it to be able to communicate.
b) Electrical fire: I don't know of any plane that has ever survived being on fire in the air, so....
c) Lightning: High voltage/current from an abnormally large lightning bolt could, and has in the past, damaged aircraft. With a large current you get a large degree of heating and magnetic field. This wouldn't be good, at all. Faraday cage effect of the aircraft should theoretically save it from this, but if it hits or shorts to the electronics, the problem is less described as power failure, more as a lack of usable wiring. Oh, and this would probably set it on fire as well.

2: Now, any survivors now would have to be really lucky, since the plane lost contact about 10 hours ago, and will have run out of fuel about 5 hours ago.

I think it unlikely that anyone survived that. But on the lighter side, if someone had asked my opinion of a plane landing intact with no fatalities in the Hudson river before January, I'd have said impossible.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by apex]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I just hope that everyone is okay

I don't know how planes disapear though
I mean, shouldn't they know the plane's last radar-visible location?

link   
reply to post by thebox

No one even had a clue as to what happened or at least when I made that post. Typically rational people will wait till they can come to a general idea of what possibly happened when given facts and those facts checked through many credible sources then and only then can people see if there is anything to be suspicious about or are content with the explanation which is way to soon to have been done at that time, even more so when I made that post.
If you have every person on this board in this thread right now making up theories on what happened it will only do more harm and blur the truth even more and just be a bunch of sludge to tread through.
Why create ignorance like that?

Anyway, I didn't say anything about speculation.

To throw out redundant theories or things of the nature is predictable and needless at this point and time, maybe in the future yes but now, no.
(like the Bermudia Triangle)

Certain matters need to be handled with class,tact and HEART, even if you're in the ever so mighty fight for truth.If there are lies people involved have been hurt enough they don't need even more people to miss handle them just so they can get the credit of discovering some major conspiracy.
Seems that empathy is a common lacked personal trait among many demographics now and days, it's really sad.

I was very right in saying what I said.
Him comparing this to a book, without any reference as to why he was doing so or having any points of depth then finding humor in it to me is not the more correct ways of handling a situation like this.

I'm not against people trying to figure out what happened.
I am all for that as all of us here are but I am against people being disrespectful to the lost lives and families.
There are plenty of people here discussing what could have and what happened with information they have gotten in a respectable mature matter I don't think it would be hard for others to follow.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by pop_science]

link   
Since my daughter had to ditch her cellphone eartlier in Canada for the lack of reception the only contact I have is via computer!!! AND as I can't make international calls from home I'm unable to call the airline number. My daughter was never on a travel list either much to my disappointment. I ask you this.........how would you feel in my position particually with the nasty response you've just given me???

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamsrfree

Air France emergency line number: (outside France) +33 1 57 02 10 55; (in France) 0800 800 812.

I hope that your daughter is ok and not on this plane, Here is the number in case you need to call up if you dont get any word from her,

Or due to not being able to call you may find a way to contact via email from the site, or have them call you,
www.paris-cdg.com...

[edit on 1-6-2009 by asala]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamsrfree
Since my daughter had to ditch her cellphone eartlier in Canada for the lack of reception the only contact I have is via computer!!! AND as I can't make international calls from home I'm unable to call the airline number. My daughter was never on a travel list either much to my disappointment. I ask you this.........how would you feel in my position particually with the nasty response you've just given me???

But how can you not know where your daughter is? Didn’t you at least get a copy of her itinerary?

Besides, from the places you said she was going, and that she was in France 5 days ago... I doubt she'd be on her way back from Brazil.

Get a map. You don’t go travelling through Europe and then make a 5 day trip to Brazil (other side of the world) and then back to continue through Europe again, chances are she would have been going to Brazil after all the European countries she is going too.

Common sense and logic go a long way.

Mikey

link   
reply to post by dreamsrfree

Ignore the other poster! I hope your daughter is well! I often turn to this site for "more information", hopefully, first hand information from people in other locations.

May you hear from her soon!!!!!

link   
In response to the questioning of altitude and storm activity at such altitude - many news reports and meteorological agencies were reporting "heavy storm activity" across the area just off the coast of Brazil and all the way to the coast of Africa (parallel to the equator) all the way up to 52,000 feet.

As a result, the plane would have had to vector through the storm. Not fly over it in this situation.

So that is why they were experiencing heavy turbulence.

Just because an aircraft today is designed to withstand certain things does not mean it cannot be hurt by said things. One would need to know how strong the lightning was if it were hit by lightning. Where it was hit. And also how the plane was maintained. Being a new aircraft (2005) it would surprise me to see a failure of the electronics after a lightning strike. But we do not know how strong the strike was or where it hit if it were a lightning strike.

It may be that there was no catastrophic event that caused no time for a mayday. Automatic systems on the aircraft (that transmit automatically, as well) reported a possible circuit failure or other electrical issue. It's possible that radio systems could have been knocked out. The aircraft may actually have had quite a long issue should there have been no electronic assistance and flying at night (was it night?).

It's happened before where crew have hit the water thinking they had more altitude than was indicated to them at night.

But we will have to wait and see. I just wanted to address the posts regarding altitude and storm systems.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by ixnay]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join