It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air France Plane down

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

I feel safer on a Yakovlev or a Boeing than I do on a Eurobox. Point being Airbus is a politically based entity, it was dreamed up by Euro people, not business people.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter
reply to post by CloudySkye

Well from a simpleton Brit I declare I'd rather jump on a Boeing which has a history of aero engineering excellence and also Made in USA, than be forced onboard an Airbus, a company forged from a collective of independent producers to give the EU a prestigious industrial giant to compete with the super powers

Those independant producers created the Concorde, they also incorporate the makers of most of the warplanes that fought in the skies in the second world war and were just as prestigious as Boeng with just as good a history of aero excellence. Boeing had the advantage of being the BIG company so they had no choice but to merge or face closure since they jsut couldnt keep up to the pace.

If you'd like me to supply you with a list of airlines that use Airbus planes so that you can avoid them, I'll be more than happy to, since it means that you won't really ever be able to fly anywhere ever again.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
oh yeah seem to have forgotton that THALES (you know that french compnay) are making 1/2 the flight deck for the 787 as well.....

remember that every time the pilot looks through the french HUD.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Take a look at just how American the 787 really is.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by CloudySkye
Take a look at just how American the 787 really is.

vought have been taken off the list - since they screwed up royally.

edit: a lot of `french crap` going into that `all american` airplane

[edit on 3/6/09 by Harlequin]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Makes no odds to me, the engines are English and the wiring harnesses are French, without those components, this grand piece of American engineering is just a lifeless box. If you take Japan out of the equation, its just a giant composite toilet roll.

[edit on 3/6/09 by CloudySkye]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Airbus is a political statement from the old world of Europe in the same manner of many Soviet enterprises. Boeing is a Planet Earth business success pure and simple. Made in USA means real good stuff, lasts for a life time, Made in France means you just know trouble is round the corner, dodgy electrics for sure

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

except that the Boeing electrics are made in France... WHOOPS!

I'm not even going to argue with you about what Airbus is anymore, since I know first hand and you are just full of opinionated BS

[edit on 3/6/09 by CloudySkye]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

you`ll not be flying anything boeing then since from the trip 7 onwards the wiring is all made in france.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Had a few Citroens and got a bit oppinionated.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

and whta has Citroen ACTUALLY got in common with Airbus?

Wait a second....

I know this one.....

NOTHING

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

you might like

www.flightglobal.com...

Looking further ahead, R-R plans to feed back technology being developed for the A350's Trent XWB back into the Trent 1000

using engine tech for the A350 on the B787

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Give me an American car and a French car from say twenty years ago and compare the body fatigue. It will be noticeable. Made in USA means qulity, Made in France generally means total crap

link   
reply to post by Harlequin

To be honest they feed off eachothers technology.. IMHO A350 and B787 will be more or less indistinguishable

link   

and what has cars got to do with aircraft?

oh wait

NOTHING.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter

Give me an American car and a French car from say twenty years ago and compare the body fatigue. It will be noticeable. Made in USA means qulity, Made in France generally means total crap

BAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAAH

AHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAH

HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Aha..

Sorry you think that 20 year old american cars have solid engineering?
What planet are you one exactly? I agree peugeot renault and citroen have made terrible cars but again, this has nothing to do with Airbus, the Wings are made in England the rear is generally made in Spain, and Germany and France share the other strucutral parts. All the actualy systems and components are infact made by the exact same subcontracted companies that Boeing uses. all Airbus or Boeing really produce are the frames.

Learn about it then come and argue with me.

Go to the FALs in Hamburg for A320, or the A330/340/380 FAL in Toulouse.

but for God's sake stop spouting such codswallop.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

If the same people make the wiring looms for Airbus that make them for Citroen and Renault then Lord have mercy on all passengers.

[edit on 3-6-2009 by ufoorbhunter]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

As I said the same people who make the subconmponents for Boeing make them for Airbus. They may well make them for Citroen too but I wouldnt know about that.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Sweet dreams as it's time for bed here in sunny S O T. All fun and games but I'd still buy Made in USA over French any day

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
It is not relevant what make of aircraft this was.

If you flew a Boeing 767, or a Lockheed Tristar, or Mc Donnell Douglas MD-80, or Tupelov Tu-204 into the same towering CB cloud you would get pretty much the same result.

It's what the pilot did to the plane that wrecked the plane.

I have misgivings about fly by wire automation but it was the violent conditions which led to a cascade of electrical faults. Not the electrical systems themselves.

Also don't forget that pretty much all Boeings now for 20-30 years have had an analog equivalent of the French fly by wire. Boeings do not have cables and pulleys connecting control surfaces to the cockpit either.

The only difference between Boeing and Airbus electrical control systems is the degree of authority which the pilot has. In most Boeings these days a pilot will maybe only perform a take off manually and then set the autopilot yo fly the rest of the trip.

There is very little flying actually goes on in a cockpit anymore.

Remember the crash of Turkish TK1589 at Schipol in February this year ?
That was a Boeing where the autopilot shut down engines on approach. Remember the Boeing 777 which crashed on approach to Heathrow last year when it's engines switched themselves off ?

There have been about 7 similar incidents with the B777.

It's not an argument of Boeing versus Airbus. If you want an argument about unreliable electronics then you need to debate all electronic systems.

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join