It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air France Plane down

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Haunebu

Tasteless Haunebu

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
RIO DE JANEIRO, June 1 (Xinhua) -- The Brazilian government said on Monday that three Air Force planes and three Navy ships are in route to take part on the search effort for the Air France Flight 447, some 1,100 kilometers off the coast of the Brazilian city of Natal in the country's northeastern region.

The French government is also helping, with a military aircraft which took off from Senegal earlier on Monday.

Due to the remote location, authorities considered the search "extremely difficult."

In English news.xinhuanet.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Just curious but doesnt NORAD track everything in the air at all times. If so couldnt they give searchers a better idea of where the plane went down.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

yes they do

it is VERY rare for an aircraft to be lost in cruise

AFAIK the last was the panam flight over lockerbe

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson
reply to post by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Okay here we go Skaadi. Let's begin with the A, B, C s

You keeping up Skaadi ?

I don't want to go too quick for you.

You're joking, right?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by cookiesneedlovetoo

in the realm of reality

NO

they don`t.

well , actually they might BUT OTH radar isn`t amazing and aircraft over the big oceans are very much `on there own`

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haunebu
Flight Number: AF 447

228 presumed dead.

___
44 7
22 8
____+
66 15--> 1+5=6

You seem to have reached the point of obsession or psychosis.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
**** ATTENTION ****

Get on topic and remain there.

Stop the childish, off topic and uncivil posts.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Thanks for clarifying that for me. I wasn't sure. Guess I've seen too many TV shows.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Yes, that is was also what I was thinking of. And of course, that was not an accident. Generally, from what I've been told, once the plane is at cruising altitude, catastrophic problems and accidents are pretty rare.

The closest thing since Lockerbie was TWA flight 800, which exploded at 29,000 feet, and there is still alot of controversy today over whether it was the fuel tank or a missile.

Either way, it's disturbing to think about.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Ok I hope this is NOT off topic, but i find it strange: ca.news.yahoo.com...

Hugo Chavez was celebrating his 10th anniversary this past weekend with supposedly a 4 day on radio celebration. But on Friday they had technical difficulties, and the radio shows were cancelled both saturday and sunday. Without any explanations.. esp with Chavez, it seems strange and then today we learn an Airplane close to the same region has gone down without any notice or warning.( well so we are told).

What is the connection? Electrical interference maybe??

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by solidshot

An Air France aircraft carrying 215 people has disappeared off the radar in the Atlantic Ocean off Brazil, according to reports. A source at Paris Charles de Gaulle said the Rio de Janeiro-Paris flight went missing at around 0600 GMT.

BBC

Doesn't look good makes you wonder if the recession is having an impact on the maintenance of the aircraft given the numbers of crashes we are seeing lately?

Last maintanance was on the 16th of April 2009, they believe it may have been hit by lightening.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeineguy48
Ok I hope this is NOT off topic, but i find it strange: ca.news.yahoo.com...

Hugo Chavez was celebrating his 10th anniversary this past weekend with supposedly a 4 day on radio celebration. But on Friday they had technical difficulties, and the radio shows were cancelled both saturday and sunday. Without any explanations.. esp with Chavez, it seems strange and then today we learn an Airplane close to the same region has gone down without any notice or warning.( well so we are told).

What is the connection? Electrical interference maybe??

The area where the plane crashed is not even close to Venezuela.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by platosallegory
It seems kind of strange to me that a plane this size would just disappear like this.

No radar beacon or anything?

Please don't think I'm picking on you specifically, but can no one really understand the size and scale of the ocean??? This doesn't even come close to the reality of the situation, but take a US (or Canadian) dime and whip it as far and as high as you can out into one of the Great Lakes... doesn't matter which, take your pick. Oh, and shut your eyes when you do it. OK, now go get that dime.

Sat images? OK, stand on the high dive platform over the deep end of an olympic sized pool. Now chuck a steel straight pin into the water. Now stand up there with a pair of binoculars and try to find it. Smear some Vasoline on the lenses to mimic the clouds... and turn off all the lights every couple of hours.

And this is assuming that the aircraft was whole when it hit the water. If it broke up at the altitude they think it did, it was probably confettii by the time it make it to the surface.

Now granted, this issue is in some dispute (especially here
) but how much of the plane did you recognize in the crash photos during 9/11? Trade Center? Shanksville? Pentagon? Water isn't any softer than the ground is when you plummet at that speed. Anyone who gets a nice, big, red stinging belly or back at a failed (or drunken) jump into the pool can tell you how hard that water smackes back at you.

And if this was total, and massive electrical failure... EMP, lightning strike (positive), etc... what piece of electronic tracking or homing hardware would you imagine could still be running. My guess is that poor, doomed flight was in the stone age before it smacked into the water.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
you know where the plane crashed? you know it crashed? please tell

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by iwannaseethisshipgodown
you know where the plane crashed? you know it crashed? please tell

Refer to some of my earlier posts, they found wreckage and at least one flight half an hour after the air france one saw "orange lights" on the ocean. Yeah it crashed.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by larphillips

I love your perspectives. Thanks for expanding the reality and bringing everything in to pure clarity.

Starred.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Truth4hire

truthforhire, storm systems tower far above 30,000 feet. Airliners always go around them regardless of their altitude.

Many thunderstorm systems go as high as 60,000 feet, so detouring around their columns of air is always required.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Over the Horizon radar is used by NORAD and other military commands to track the northern Atlantic. It is a purely military application which does not share with civilian air traffic control. It works by bouncing High frequency radio off the ionosphere. It has a range out to 2000km.

USA has OTHR in the north seaboard states somewhere. UK also has an OTHR looking eastwards over the North Atlantic. There may also be coverage from USA of the Carribean.

The area between Brazil and Morroco is not covered.

Nor is there coverage by ground based radar except at isolated islands like Madeira and possibly Cape Verde.

Normal ATC radars are line of sight out to 200nm. Thus in the normal sense, then no there was no radar coverage.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join