It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.


Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.


Can you please help me with something?

page: 1

log in


posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:45 AM
I was just wondering...

Below a few members Avatars are little pictures with comments like "Subject Matter Expert" and "Document Archivist" etc..

What are those and how does a person obtain them?

Thanks a lot,


posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:50 AM
Oh man - you caught me just as I was shutting my brain down for the night.

I did a quick search, it's gonna take a more advanced member of the boards to get your answer for you.

Don't worry - he or she will be here shortly.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:00 AM
Well a SME is someone who has demonstrated an expertise in a certain area.

If you click on the SME icon it will take you to the relevant forum of their expertise.

How does one get a SME label? I'm not entirely sure but obviously you'll need to demonstrate a high level of knowledge on a subject. I think you also need to submit to the admins examples of your expertise, like essays, articles and documents etc.

The document archivist label I have no idea about!


log in