It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Auto rupture will ripple far and wide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Auto rupture will ripple far and wide

money.cnn.com

CNNMoney.com) -- Chrysler and GM employees are on the edge of their seats, waiting to find out what will be left standing after the dust settles. Meanwhile, a vast network of companies outside Detroit are bracing for impact.
Suppliers are also in limbo at the moment, awaiting news of which vehicle lines will live to see another day. But while some suppliers are struggling to stay alive, others are well positioned to take advantage of the auto manufacturers' new business models.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
The ripple effect will turn into a tidal wave effect. What is so funny about all of this is how there has been alot of news the past couple of weeks about how all is good and is getting better. It is a ignorant person that thinks that the bad times have come and gone.

As for the new parts companies that are "poised" to take advantage, I would love to know who all in congress and government is tied to these companies. Obviously if they are poised and ready then they had some type of insider information. Now that would be a conspiracy worth investigating.

We will lose more jobs. The true job loss numbers will slowly begin to show. The economy will get worse. Recovery if at all possible will be slow. The elite will not be as adversely affected by the downturn. Our national debt will be huge.

money.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Now that the GM and Chrysler bankrupcies are in full swing, the markets are not responding as such. Some people say that it was already bought in but I beg to differ. If these failure were already bought in then there should be questions that need to be answered pertaining to insider trading.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Good thoughts on the subject. Something is rotten in Denmark. A lot to people are doing shady things from behind the scenes with these two business failures (GM and Chrysler). One would imagine the support companies would be devastated as much GM or Chrysler. Where is an SEC investigation about how the parts companies appear poised to capitalize from the GM and Chrysler failures and their yet to be determined restructuring plans.

I would like to know what politicians have their hands in this cookie jar as well. What happened to a conflict of interest. Lawyers are bound by that precept and doesn't it apply to members of government.

The media needs to go over this with a fine tooth comb. They need to cover all angles on this one. These bankruptcies are huge and potentially devastating to the US economy. I know I am wishfully thinking. Chances are the media will let this go down by the wayside. Tends to be the order of day for them now.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Is there anyone on the boards that is good at digging up corporate information? If so we could use your help in finding out what compainies were being prepped for GM and Chrysler bankrupcies. This could turn into a big story if the real facts come out.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

That is a very good idea and I'm willing to do some digging. I just need some kind of idea where to begin. The net is a very big place. I'm pretty good at researching though. Get back to me with any ideas whoever is out there, maybe we can shed some light on two of the biggest business failures in US history. If they won't give us transparency then we have to do it for ourselves.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
LOL transparancy that is funny. They never intended to give us transparency. This administration is no different than others. Lies lies always lies.

new topics

top topics

join