It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edinburgh Airport UK refers UFO incident to MoD, event filmed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   

A UFO incident that occured in the skies above Edinburgh International Airport in Scotland has been referred by that Airports traffic Control to the MoD for further investigation.

On May 21 at 10:30pm a passenger plane was filmed appraching to land at the UK airport when two UFOs were seen looping over and around the plane. Astonishingly the UFO event was filmed (below) by a local resident, Jackie Gillies.

Link to source

I did a search but couldn't find anything under edinburgh. The video looks good not exactly sure what it could be though. May 31st has come and gone I look forward to this week.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by franspeakfree]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Thanks for posting this franspeakfree.

This is the first i've heard of it.

Interested in how the usual crowd are going to explain this one away...

Ball lightning? Strange turbulence from the leading edges? Lens flare perhaps? That old chestnut is good for a few more rounds, surely?

We'll see...

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!

Filming a TV screen of a video recording - and not doing a very good job at that!

Get the original footage of the incident (I mean seriously, is this unsteadycam low resolution piece of nonsense meant to be taken seriously?) or Golf Tango Foxtrot Oscar!

Maybe I should stop logging in here - that way I can just read things and not feel compelled to comment on what I have to take must be a humourous prank thread.

-m0r

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty
Maybe I should stop logging in here - that way I can just read things and not feel compelled to comment on what I have to take must be a humourous prank thread.

To much coffee this morning?

I will ask, because I am curious, are you saying this is fake,hoax,fraud?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I'm saying it is impossible to determine what it is from the current footage.

Don't get me wrong, thanks for finding footage and putting it our way so that everyone can gives their thoughts on it - but man alive that's crap footage!

You get a nice shot of the Cheviot Hills at the beginning, got my hopes going, and then it's a shakey zoomy-in, zoomy-out video recording of a TV showing a video of a plane landing with a moment's incident(?).

It's material like this that seriously dents any credibility the entire UFO community has (both hardcore sceptics and believers get brushed here).

Can't you get the woman who shot it to provide the original footage, upload it here and have it constructively critiqued on it's merits.

Because none are apparent in that video.

Like I said, big thanks for finding things!! - but boy is that a stinker of a find.

-m0r

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   

It's material like this that seriously dents any credibility the entire UFO community has (both hardcore sceptics and believers get brushed here).

Which makes it a perfect video for the site that posted it, which if you notice has been marked as spam.

See this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And this post by Springer:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Thanks Chadwickus - I saw the [spam] part but I didn't know if it was intended by the OP or not. I should have checked who posted the actual YouTube video (yup - it was them!).

-m0r

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   

You get a nice shot of the Cheviot Hills at the beginning, got my hopes going, and then it's a shakey zoomy-in, zoomy-out video recording of a TV showing a video of a plane landing with a moment's incident(?).

I also got excited when I saw the photo at the beginning. Its true what you say it apears that despite the inceased quality in video, we are still left with grainy images and footage.

My personal opinion is that any footage is good footage for getting the message out that we are not alone and not only that but that the governments all around the world have known this but decided to keep us like mushrooms for a very long time in order to maintain control over this planet.

Like I said, big thanks for finding things!! - but boy is that a stinker of a find.

I aim to please

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   

So what are you saying? that all articles on this site are hoax? I don't understand? I get stuff like this everyday in my mailbox as a UFO alert?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Reading the links above should explain it better.

As you can see it's over yours and my head now.

ANW = crap

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Reading the links above should explain it better.

As you can see it's over yours and my head now.

ANW = crap

What is over mine and yours head? please explain in laymans terms its to early for all the cryptic answers. Beside I haven't got time to go through those links got to get the kids to school.

I have googled this event and there is lots of information on this subject, it appears edinburgh has had quite a fair few sightings in the past.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   

From the second link I posted:

Originally posted by Springer
It appears as though we had a spammer in our midst trying to build traffic for that HOAX site...

As you can see above my post here that spammer is BANNED.

Thanks to ATS Member easynow for doing some great investigative work and thanks to Chadwickus for this thread, it appears as though he nailed it.

Springer...

edit to add: Our own FSME, Internos was critical in the investigations that led to this exposure of this HOAX site trying to build traffic on our backs by spamming their bollocks all over our site. A big THANK YOU to Internos as well.

[edit on 5-29-2009 by Springer]

[edit on 5-30-2009 by Springer]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Is this website now banned on this site then? I have had no message to say this?

I did come across this post though which pretty much sums it up.

Overall I disagree with you-if all UFO stories were subject to the kind of rigorous vetting you mention YOU might miss the real deal. 99% would be vetted out of existence-and the topic would lose momentum....its up to US/YOU to examine the facts. Isnt that more fun. You want Cohen or others to do all the work?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   

I should reiterate that I'm only commenting on the source, not the video.

I don't make the decisions, so don't shoot the messenger.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   

No no I am not taking pot shots at you. I have just scanned your thread, and I am with the member who I quoted above.

If this site starts to limit the amount of sites that promote ufology then we have a problem, I am not aware of this [spamming] thing, does that mean pop ups?

Everyday I receive news from this site, some of it is crap other bits are very interesting. Its the same with The examiner and the other sites that freely allow journalist to report. I make up my own mind to what I believe is true or not and that is what we should all do.

Instead of labelling all reports from this site as fraud/spam/fake shouldn't we at least look into for ourselves and make up our own minds? instead of having others from this site tell us they are?

All this its bad for ufology, I just don't buy it.

Back to the thread,

I have googled this and many other sites are running with this story, therefore, surely there must be some facts behind it. I have only scanned but no one is saying about this [spamming] thing? you would think they would be?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The best quote on this was a comment on the Scotsman web site regarding the person who took the video...

This Jackie Gillies character lists "student of interstellar politics and ideologies". Nut job.

The incidents seemingly took place near Gorebridge and not Edinburgh.

The place has always been a "hot spot."

If you look on the web, there are numerous photos by Jackie Gillies... the best being a blue blob entitled..." big ship filmed 4 times on alternate nights the last 8 days over edinburgh
illuminati starship - numerology/kaballah
male member frontal in 6 parts
female web of eight parts from side" or "Pleiadean Starship"

here's the link

I couldn't find the original video of the plane "incident" or anything definitive re calling in the MOD or whoever, just copy after copy of the TV copy and the same headline on the usual suspect sites.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Here is the link to footage.
www.youtube.com...

here is it at 1/16 and frame by frame clip
www.youtube.com...

hope this helps

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

For your own sake, franspeakfree, it would be best you do not refer to the site Allnewsweb or even look at it. Sometimes it is better to defer to those that understand things better than you do. Chadwickus clearly understands things better than you and rather than waste your time on sites that promote absurdity (for gods sake ANW's main contributor doesnt believe Roswell's crash happened...or Betty Barney hill abduction!).
Accept that the decision to ban this particular site was made IN YOUR BEST INTEREST by those that have a far deeper understanding of the UFO issue than you.
Nothing on it has a shred of truth, nothing ever will. The decision to ban that site from here was made IN THE INTEREST OF UFOLOGY and to preserve correct attitudes with the UFO community.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rinorino2

For your own sake, franspeakfree, it would be best you do not refer to the site Allnewsweb or even look at it. Sometimes it is better to defer to those that understand things better than you do. Chadwickus clearly understands things better than you

[speechless]

Accept that the decision to ban this particular site was made IN YOUR BEST INTEREST by those that have a far deeper understanding of the UFO issue than you.

[Do not rise to the bait Fran]

Nothing on it has a shred of truth, nothing ever will. The decision to ban that site from here was made IN THE INTEREST OF UFOLOGY and to preserve correct attitudes with the UFO community.

Thanks for your condersending word 'Chadwickus' follower. However, if you don't mind I will make up my own mind as to what I believe is real and not.

Take a look around you, take a look at the world, its like that for a reason and that reason is because people have trusted the words of others working on their behalf, however, those words are meaningless and serve for their own purpose.

A little like your post actually.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by john gillies
Here is the link to footage.
www.youtube.com...

here is it at 1/16 and frame by frame clip
www.youtube.com...

hope this helps

Thanks for your input John

top topics

<<   2 >>