It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Fast Black Jet over Hampshire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Hi all,

Sorry for this being in the introduction forum, but I only signed up to post this and am not allowed to post in the aircraft forum until 20 introductory posts.

Anyhow I think this need to be made public - last week I was walking in a wooded area around the outskirts of Winchester, it was early evening around 6pm. Myself and brother in law were busy throwing around a frisbe for the dog when we heard am absolutley defening jet engine noise overhead. We looked up and both caught a glimpse of a black shaped aircraft zoon over head (fairly low I think) and my god it was loud and sater than anything we have ever seen before.

Ok so we are not aircraft geeks, we have been to a few airshows (including Farnbrough 2008) and never seen anything as fast as this. Last year we saw a B1 flyover and that was loud, but this thing sounded like the sky was splitting open, the funny thing is it was not like a constand jet roar it was like many many explosions so close together like it was a pulse of noise.

Anyway I managed to snap an image of the vapour trail left by the plane so this might shed some more light. But please bear in mind that this was faster than anything I have ever seen before and was a bit of a black blur - we did both notice the afterburner colour though - it was a bright orange and a single afterburner.

www.david-oliver.com...

does anyone have any idea what it might be, we assumed it might have been a blackbird (SR-71 i think they are called) but when we looked it up they seem to have been decomissioned! although I would say it was a similar style shape ((from what I could tell)

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I think they might still pull out the SR71 from time to time.

join