It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti Abortion Foes: More attacks in the US than Al-Qaeda

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Anti-abortion violence is violence committed against individuals and organizations that provide abortion.[1] Incidents of violence have ranged from the destruction of property, in the form of vandalism, arson, and bombings, to crimes against people, including kidnapping, stalking, assault, attempted murder, and murder.

Anti-abortion violence is most frequently committed in the United States, though it has also occurred in Australia and Canada. G. Davidson Smith of Canadian Security Intelligence Service defined anti-abortion violence as "single issue terrorism".[2]
en.wikipedia.org...

The recent murder of Dr. Tiller has renewed calls for anti abortion groups to be labled as terrorists.

A look at thier record reveals a staggering amount of violence committed.
en.wikipedia.org...

One such group:

Army of God

The AOG supports this statement:

We the undersigned, declare the justice of taking all Godly action necessary, including the use of force, to defend innocent human life (born and unborn). We proclaim that whatever force is legitimate to defend the life of a born child is legitimate to defend the life of an unborn child.
We declare and affirm that if in fact Paul Hill did kill or wound abortionist John Britton, and accomplices James Barrett and Mrs. Barrett, his actions are morally justified if they were necessary for the purpose of defending innocent human life. Under these conditions, Paul Hill should be acquitted of all charges against him.
en.wikipedia.org...(USA)

Compare this with say Al Quada

and that the killing of bystanders and civilians is Islamically justified in jihad.
en.wikipedia.org...

Suicide car bombings? Yep pro life extremists have those as well

and the most recent act of criminal damage by a pro-life extremist was an attempted suicide car bombing on the Edgerton Women's Health Center in Davenport, Iowa, on September 11, 2006 (the center did not provide abortions, but the perpetrator, David Robert McMenemy, apparently believed it did).[60]
en.wikipedia.org...

So how exactly are these groups NOT a Terrorist organization?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
it is terror activity.......but ahh, it kind of goes without saying that they have more attacks on people in the US than Al Qaeda does, seeing as how weve thwarted numerous attacks and havent had one since 9/11

However trying to compare them to Al Qaeda in general is apples to oranges.
Al Qaeda operates all over the world and carries out HUGELY more attacks and terror exercises then these extreme right wing nut jobs.

Tho I understand your point, I cant agree on drawling a line across them and saying they are just as bad, because from a pure numbers perspective they are not, HOWEVER , they should be stopped and they should be taken care of.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I've twice been attacked by these crazy, self-righteous hoodlums.
They like to demonstrate outside family planning clinics in Australia, and the police won't do a thing.

Once I was at one to organise a tubal ligation. I'd never had an abortion and was making sure I'd never need to have one. I was pushed and shoved by these idiots who tried to physically prevent me gaining access to the building. All the time they poked pictures of eight-month old fetuses in my face and chanted "baby killer".

No way was I explaining to these idiots I was not there for an abortion, because I'm pretty tough and, not being pregnant, I was not vulnerable like other women who I was unintentionally distracting attention from. And I'm stubborn, I don't plead for my rights to people like that.

The next time I was there was many years later. I was accompanying a young teenager who had been raped. Same sort of crowd all over again. It was cruel, and she was shattered all over again from their bullying. In my opinion they were every bit as low as the creep who had raped her.

I hate to think what it's like for girls like her who do not have support.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Operation AJAX
So how exactly are these groups NOT a Terrorist organization?

Noun 1. terrorist - a radical who employs terror as a political weapon; usually organizes with other terrorists in small cells; often uses religion as a cover for terrorist activities

In my opinion they are if they support the actions of this particular gentlemen.

I don't think most politicians want to step in and make that claim for fear of the potential loss of support from the far-right fundamentalist groups that secretly are pleased with these sort of murders and attacks yet don't officially condone them.

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
it is terror activity.......but ahh, it kind of goes without saying that they have more attacks on people in the US than Al Qaeda does, seeing as how weve thwarted numerous attacks and havent had one since 9/11

This reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Lisa claimed that the professed protection and success rate of the new state created "Bear" security force (at the taxpayers very high expense) simply equated to specious reasoning.

She then sold Homer a rock that she claimed protected the house from Tigers.

Her logic?
No Tigers have attacked, have they?

I guess now any President after Bush that doesn't have a terror attack under his or her watch can claim they kept the country safe.

It's a cheap way to get a few points when in reality we're wasting money, and "Al-Qaeda"...whomever they really are...simply hasn't officially attacked since then.

- Lee

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Someone should invade US and do something against these dangerous terrorists. Iran maybe?

They would clearly contribute to worldpeace.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Operation AJAX

That info comes from Wikipedia which is notoriously wrong.
Do you have any reliable sources to back that information up with?
Police reports? Gov't reports?

If so ... please post them and then we can all respond to the information.

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

first of all your off topic with your bush bashing, and second whether you like it or not, we havent had any terrorist attacks, and YES it IS because of our constant intelligence gathering.

how do i know? I spent 3 tours over seas gathering intelligence amongst other things, trust me they never stop trying to get to us, deny all you want....please leave the political stuff somewhere else, please stick to the thread.

Whether your are against abortion or not, these reactions to the clinics are not acceptable, they SHOULD be on the watch list, just like anyone else who "Uses tactics to cause fear for political or religious gain"

*post edited for a spelling error*

[edit on 1-6-2009 by ManBehindTheMask]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I posted this in my thread about the man who assassinated this doctor, but here, I'll post it again.

In 20 years we have had 8 murders(Tiller makes 8), 17 attempted murders, 41 bombings, 175 incidents of arson, 96 attempted bombings or arson, 390 invasions, 1,400 cases of vandalism, 1,993 cases of trespassing, 100 butyric acid attacks, 659 anthrax threats, 179 cases of assault and battery, 406 death threats, four kidnappings, 151 burglaries, and 525 cases of stalking directed at abortion clinics, doctors and patients according to the National Abortion Federation.

www.prochoice.org...

www.prochoice.org...

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Tiller wasn't murdered. He was the victim of a very late term abortion.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I hope the jurors employ jury nullification and acquit this Scott Roeder guy even if they think him guilty. Jury nullification is one of the few good features of our legal system - which is why all lawyers and esp judges hate it.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Not all anti-abortion groups are terrorist.

However, some sure are.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Basing this on the recent murder of Dr Tiller and it now being known that the perpetrator was a diagnosed schizophrenic who did not take his medication shall we now also put people who watch samurai films, read comic books, study history, etc. etc. on a watch list?

All of those have triggered other schizophrenics to act out their psychosis violently so I presume you feel they should be too.

Enough of advocating limiting freedom of speech and using this incident to silence those who object to the invented right of the freedom to terminate a pregnancy - the guy was a schizophrenic.

Man likely to be charged with killing Tiller had history of mental illness, family says

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
If he went off his meds so that he could not be considered mentally competent when he committed a murder, then that shows intent and planning.

new topics

top topics

join