It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant pig on a Pilbara cattle station

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Damn grunters,
As teenagers we would go out bush with the dogs and get pigs but I am not sure if I'd be jumping on the back of some of the one's shown here.

Reckon if I owned that photo I'd be sending into a shooting mag for one of their monthly give away's for the best hunting photo!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I say Australia as well.

1: Rear vision mirror is angled as if you are driving in the right hand seat. So will be Australia

2: Clothes; only Australians would dress like that.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Rear vision mirror is angled as if you are driving in the right hand seat. So will be Australia

That looks right to me. Great spotting!

Clothes; only Australians would dress like that.

All the guys I work with dress like that - he's just missing an RM Williams beltbuckle!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Hoax information:

Stinkyjournalism

Boy and pig: boy is standing 7 feet back. So it is optical illusion. (?).

[edit on 1-6-2009 by hande]

[edit on 1-6-2009 by hande]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   

The largest pig recorded in history was Big Bill, a 5 foot high, 9 foot long Poland China hog, who weighed 2,552 pounds ( 1157kg's ).

Source - Alberta Pork Congress

Reply to Stinky journalism site; the guy is standing in front of the Ute so no optical illusion.
Maybe as one person at another site said;

The guy is a midget and the Ute is a mini version of a Toyota land cruiser. so makes the piggy really big.

But as the Alberta pork congress says pigs can get pretty big as in the breed called "Poland China".

So as the mythbusters say "plausible"

[edit on 1-6-2009 by greenfruit]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

Extremely aggressive and very dangerous, and more so if its a sow with young.
Pigs are omnivours they eat what ever doesnt eat them.
An uncle of mine was tree'ed by a wild pig while pig hunting with a bow.
A friend of my ex wife was attacked by a pig while also hunting and killed it with his knife, thats impressive, he got pretty tore up in the process.
And a childhood friend of mine's dad was the closest thing you could come to being a modern day big game hunter, he has hunted just about everything on every continent. When he went pig hunting he carried a ruger .44mag semiauto rifle and and 2 .44 handguns.
We have big ones around here in cali but not that big, thats a monster.
The biggest ive personaly seen is about 450-500lb, with 250 lb being pretty common.
Once feral pigs take root its almost impossible to get rid of them.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Ugggh down with the swine flu.. actually just the regular flu but I feel like something I can't say on this forum.

Anyway, Just got off the phone with Tenacity Contracting, a lead that was given in the readers comment link of my last post.

I think they're kinda annoyed by all the phone calls coming to them!

"Hello, I'm trying to get some information about the giant pig that was in the Sunday Times on the weekend? I'm just looking for someone to say that it was a real photo."
"I'm sorry but I can't comment on that."
"I understand, would it be possible to talk to someone who might be able to help?"
"Most people are out of the office at the moment so I can't really help. Try ringing the paper"

By that she meant the Sunday Times, who published the photo on the weekend.

So that's as far as I've gotten.

Anyhow, I'll try and get a comment from the journo who wrote the article tomorrow. I'll send an email today and ring if no response tomorrow. And no luck finding Wilarrana Station (where the pig was mentioned as being shot). But it's a huge area and there are still smaller stations that are hard to find up that way.

Cheers

Shane

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by hande

Wow all of that just to explain a optical illusion.

Anyway it's still a huge hog.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
As a kid my neighbour had pigs and this female was so big that it maxed out the veterinarians scales wich iirc was 500kg.. so it was larger than 500kg.. so its a good chanse this is a real pig.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Well this is simple really, do they even have Toyota Landcruisers in Florida or Texas? I thought Toyota didn't make the Landcruiser model in USA?

Edit: nevermind, a quick google search and they sell SUV's but I'm not too sure still about the utes.

[edit on 9/6/2009 by just_julie]

[edit on 9/6/2009 by just_julie]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
www.syracuse.com...

Related and interesting old article:

Hubbardsville, NY.-----Big Norm, arguably the world's largest pig at 1,600 pounds, died at 11:30 a.m. this morning in Hubbardsville. He was seven years old as of Aug. 17.

Cool picture on that site, too. Pigs can be huge.

[edit on 6/9/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Oh crap, it's Pig Blood Blues all over again.

Any Clive Barker fans out there?

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Silver Shadow

HAHA that scared the heck out of me, I was scrolling down then saw this little guy peeping at me, I've seen her work many times before but wasn't expecting that at all hahaha, thanks for the scare!

I have no idea how reliable this source is so don't kill me if it's bogus.

www.hoax-slayer.com...

Anyway, I hate that they always kill these animals I know it's a culture thing but I just personally hate it and think it's so sad when rare and beautiful animals are killed, or any animal really.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join