It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those With ADHD Are the new race "Aquarian Children"?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
You know. I have never openly said this on a board. But in middle school, my counselor tried to tell me I was ADD. Neither me nor my mother believed it. I have never been medicated because I actually enjoy being the way I am. Sure over analyzing information overload occurs from time to time. But it is a small price to pay. I would rather take in TOO MUCH information than be dumb and not notice anything at all.

Edit to add that ADD is theorized to be a symptom of being a supposed "Indigo Child". It's just a fad though. I have been openly opposed to the idea of a new race of humans to overthrow the old way of thinking. While I do believe humans could improve a little bit, there does not exist, a superior form of human. We all have our quirks and differences and that is that.

[edit on 23-8-2009 by Mr. Toodles]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Toodles
Edit to add that ADD is theorized to be a symptom of being a supposed "Indigo Child". It's just a fad though.

...there does not exist, a superior form of human. We all have our quirks and differences and that is that.

[edit on 23-8-2009 by Mr. Toodles]

And I think the reason you think indigo child connection is a fad because your operational definition of it?

My operational definition of an indigo child is someone that "resonates" at a higher energy level than someone else. I can definitely see your resistance to the idea if you are thinking of indigos as a superior race!

If you look at it from a energy sense the positive correlations between ADHD/Indigos/and a physical mapping of electromagnetic fields through conductance of tissues through the body, are absolutely staggering.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dviper785

Originally posted by unityemissions
It's biochemical disorder related. Hypoglycemia is common. I think the gut has a big part in it as well. Overall, it's caused by nutritional deficiencies. I think the right-brain is more active in adhd'ers. Right-brain activation is linked to para-sympathetic increases. PS cleanses the body of toxins.

I think basically that microbial overgrowths, and inflamed guts leads to nutritional deficiencies. These lead to biochemical disorders and more right-brain activation as a means to cleanse the body and cope. This explains adhd people processing simultaneously, and also having problems understanding cause and effect.

I think right-brain activation and para-sympathetic increases also explain somewhat the old saying, "Theirs non genius without a tincture of madness". Right-brainers may be actually diseased, experiencing toxic overload, and also able to process in a completely different way than most other people.

Just my .02c

The Hypoglycemia part of this thread was composed of but a few posts out of the many, and is just a small piece of the equation IMO, I think what we are talking about as a whole pertains more to the EEG brainwave differences from people with/without ADHD, the ADHD brain is composed mainly of alpha/theta waves with the regular brain outputs beta waves. I am diagnosed and don't consider myself a right brain person very much at all.

But you see, alpha and theta brain waves occur in the right-brain mostly! Beta waves are the logical thinking which the left-brain takes care of. We're saying the same thing, actually..

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dviper785

It's biochemical disorder related. Hypoglycemia is common. I think the gut has a big part in it as well. Overall, it's caused by nutritional deficiencies. I think the right-brain is more active in adhd'ers. Right-brain activation is linked to para-sympathetic increases. PS cleanses the body of toxins.

I think basically that microbial overgrowths, and inflamed guts leads to nutritional deficiencies. These lead to biochemical disorders and more right-brain activation as a means to cleanse the body and cope. This explains adhd people processing simultaneously, and also having problems understanding cause and effect.

I think right-brain activation and para-sympathetic increases also explain somewhat the old saying, "Theirs non genius without a tincture of madness". Right-brainers may be actually diseased, experiencing toxic overload, and also able to process in a completely different way than most other people.

Just my .02c

The Hypoglycemia part of this thread was composed of but a few posts out of the many, and is just a small piece of the equation IMO, I think what we are talking about as a whole pertains more to the EEG brainwave differences from people with/without ADHD, the ADHD brain is composed mainly of alpha/theta waves with the regular brain outputs beta waves. I am diagnosed and don't consider myself a right brain person very much at all.

But you see, alpha and theta brain waves occur in the right-brain mostly! Beta waves are the logical thinking which the left-brain takes care of. We're saying the same thing, actually..

Yeah I think so...which makes it quite confusing! Anyone who knows me will categorize me as a left brained person yet I display the right brain waves through EEG - which makes me a whole-brained person I guess!

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
My BS meter levels are high as hell right about now.

ADHD is a real thing, but most children(and adults) have ADHD like symptoms because of poor diet.

According to my doctors, I'm bipolar, and have both ADD, and ADHD. I changed my diet, and stopped taking the POiSON(SERiOUSLY i THOUGHT i WAS GOING TO DiE PiLLS) they were telling me I had to take, and what do you know? My "disorders" were gone.

These should help...

(www.naturalnews.com...)
(www.13.waisays.com...)
(www.thedietchannel.com...)

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I think I'll stay on my meds on the same. They work. I certainly hope ADD is not the future. I can't imagine the world functioning if everyone had it.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by dviper785

Same here. I'm quite analytical at times, but the ways I come up with solutions is actually mostly by right-brain processing. Visualization/feeling integrations. I've noticed that my ability to hyper-focus has improved incredibly so by simply adding the supplements niacin (inositol-hexanicotinate) and ascorbic acid. Some fellow adhd'ers may want to consider trying this out.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Alice
I think I'll stay on my meds on the same. They work. I certainly hope ADD is not the future. I can't imagine the world functioning if everyone had it.

And you think the "world" is high functioning now?

Don't knock it to you try it!

[edit on 25-8-2009 by TruthMagnet]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Same here. I'm quite analytical at times, but the ways I come up with solutions is actually mostly by right-brain processing. Visualization/feeling integrations. I've noticed that my ability to hyper-focus has improved incredibly so by simply adding the supplements niacin (inositol-hexanicotinate) and ascorbic acid. Some fellow adhd'ers may want to consider trying this out.

I also supplement with Vitamin C and that helps a lot, but I take it in a mineral ascorbate form so it doesn't acidify with my medication when I use it - causes bad stomach aches.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
This is my first post on this site, iv had some experiences that cant be explained but that's not why i joined this this site

I am 27 years old , and have sever adhd along as i can remember. It is not a fake disorder for many, tho it will get misdiagnosed easily by many doctors, which in turn will cause problems for those that don't have the problem/gift.

If diagnosed which shrinks are quick to prescribe amphetamine or stimulants to anyone who cant focus no mater the age has devastating effects to those who don't have it. As my best friend didn't have adhd and was put on every stimulant med u can name since he was 9 years old , and had about the same effect on him as giving a nine year old coc aine or methamphetamine. I made him more hyper and unfocused after a while when the drugs over exerted his body he was to tired to cause any problems but his school work suffered even more on the drugs. This happens to many kids on adhd meds who don't need them. I hate to see this now that I'm alot older now and to see impatient parents why think there kid is messed up cuz of add/adhd when there not, so they drug them up. I feel for the kid/kids deeply

My Time line( 2nd grade thur 8th )

Well for years i swore nothing was different about me, other than the fact i thought i was smarter ( not egotistical in any way) opposing many grade school classroom teachers special ed teachers as well as my foster mom. The stigma of having been put in special education was worse than anything, made most of my classmates and friends think less of me. Even tho my only problem was i was bored in school, i would sleep thur entire classes yet pass all the tests, rarely getting a question wrong. Most anything in math and science was easy, id study the stuff on my own quite a bit. Anything to do with English or spelling i didn't care much about, and did lil work for those classes barely enough to pass.
Not because I was unable to learn, mostly because i was bored and uninterested in the classes i attended. Which has cost me in my adult life, being 27 and i cant spell many words and have barely legible handwriting ( the things i hated doing the most during the class)

I highly excelled in all my math and science classes, why because i was interested in them, all i wanted to do in those areas was learn more than more and more. i couldn't get enough information i didn't know why exactly i just liked the subject's and still do to this day.

I was a freshman in senior calculus class i signed up for,I knew alot about math and i liked it. But not what they were teaching but i figured i get the so called hard stuff outta the way first. I sleep most of the time during the class the first few weeks, did my tests did the homework ( the only homework id even do if i did any)but few weeks in i got realy bored and the Mr Swanson just became the hockey coach for the school that week, i liked hockey and i wanted on the new team being formed not to be a jock or anything like the football guys.

( I liked to skate and you could fight in the game if ya took ya gloves off
i had a lot of aggression back then i wasn't a big kid then, was picked on a lot being a weird kid n all, but was a easy way to get in to a fight and not get in the trouble. Keep me from doing things that I would have regretted)

So i became friends with with the teach, he wasn't a bad guy at all. Had a mild temper he wouldn't let the students see mostly cuz they didn't give a # about the class which is understandable most people don't like math.Its not there fault there just not "INTERESTED" in it.

Well.. I made a bet

I was good enough skater to make the team, i wasn't very big i had a decent slap shot but, in my school i wasn't going to make the team on my physical stats knew this, any sport was hard to get picked most of the guys did more than one on the hopes of a scholarship to get out of the town and go to college. ( Many never got the chance to leave) :continued:

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I helped Mr Swanson out with his class to make the team, i went up to the chalkboard, wrote down a problem 3 lessons ahead of what the class had learned at that point and gave him the chalk, and whispered to him "tell them it figure out how to do the problem them self's and sit down at ya desk don't give them the answer or tell them the steps to solve it" He did exactly that, and the class started to figure things out for them self's asking each other questions but most importantly learning how to solve math and other problems on there own.

I knew all he wanted his students to do was TRY learn what he was teaching. For me, he never expected me to do any of the out of class work and only graded me on my tests. I ended up on the varsity hockey that year, helped my social status a bit, tho i really wasn't into it much by the end of the season.

(9th thur Graduation)
Well my math teacher and I became friends thur out the year and i had talked to him about the special education classes i was put in, having a IEP . These classes were small like 5-8 students and very easy work, many of the kids in these classes had adhd, depression, and compounded behavioral disorders, a few just seemed like they had adhd and didn't care about school at all. being put in that setting more or less pissed me off because the school work was needless to say dumbed down so the kids could pass the class.

But the few just plain add/adhd kids in the classes they were forced to take me included. Ended up not only, acting out against the faculty or just plain not caring at all ie. sleeping thur the class or doing whatever they felt like as part of rebelling against the system they were put in. These types of classes some schools put together hurt the student more than they help, i do admit some need the structure but for alot of adhd kids fitting in is something they want more than anything in the world, kinda hard to do that with a special ed teacher siting right next to you in half your classes and the rest of your classmates looking at you as if something was wrong with ya even tho there job is to try to keep you focused on something your bored with.

Well my friend Mr Swanson , he would actually listen to what i was telling him which was rare in my world most adults i encountered wouldn't take the time. I admit i was hyper from time to time even with medication most of it didn't work or the dosage was wrong during my school years but he took the time to sort out what msg i was trying to get across and had an idea for me to get out of the special ed situation.He ended up going to the deen of students on my behalf, to get me enrolled in post secondary at the state university so i would count towards high school as well as college credits for all but six classes i had to take at the school which the state would pay for.

That was prob the single best thing anyone outside of my family anyone has done for me.

From then on i was able to take the classes i wanted to learn things about, stuff that interested me. Computers, astronomy, history was the bulk of my credits. I only had to come back to the high school for english and creative writing to graduate. 3 years college credit w/ a 3.4 gpa ( i didnt do so well in english related classes C's and D's) But i excelled greatly in computer sciences everything from programing to hardware you name it i could do it. How? Because i liked what i was learning and i had a choice rather than be bothered with information I didn't want to learn at that time. That is just my background during school years. Im not going to tell yall my whole life story but i turned out to be a great success , when many of my teachers said id fail at life well ecp for one. Many many many add/adhd kids are wired like this. I hate to see this society bring these people down like there something wrong with them. I had my Iq tested b4 my that year @ 142 but being in special ed classes and having teacher aids follow me around made me feel dumb

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
LET THESE KIDS LEARN WHAT THEY ENJOY, DON'T FORCE THEM TO LEARN WHAT THEY DON'T WANT!!!

ADHD/ADD Its not a defect! Its a GIFT! it had its downfalls but the benefits out weight the negative aspects. Many of them can hyper focus on what they enjoy for hrs and not even be on any sort of medication. More and more of these gifted kids are being born every day. There were 10 of us in a class of 1000 in 94 today there is 93 kids in special ed out of 1185 almost all them are on some sort of Ritlin , Adderol, Concerta Foclin, or "Dexedrine" (which btw is about as close to methamphetamine as u can get (bad drug) Its Crazy with these doctors they dont know what works all the time, the only person that can judge the medication is the person taking it. And parents wonder why there adhd kids are so hyper they are lossing there mind. The kid is jacked up on speed, a small dose will calm a true adhd kid out so his brain can processes everything. High doses like 20mg and up more than once a day for many many people will make a full grown adult speed up and awake for 48hrs. I still take medication my self but i rember the doctors pre 9th grade messing with my meds left and right and hell ya i was hyper and unfocused.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I don't exactly believe in the whole concept of 'superior races' since as mentioned before we're all unique in our own rights. I do believe in evolution in individual species, however, and that many of the 'disorders' we claim are plaguing our kind are actually evolutionary steps preparing us for the future. Our minds adapting to the environment around us.

Anyway, I was diagnosed with ADHD for as long as I can remember, though they never really gave me any tests. They made me fill out a paper and answer a couple questions then bam, I'm on medication. Seems pretty ridiculous if you ask me. Now I'm actually quite the opposite. I still do things just like I used to back when I was 'diagnosed' with ADHD, I get overexcited about some things, and I love to constantly learn but by my own terms. I hate sitting still and being told what other people have learned, I prefer to find things out on my own. However I'm not as active as I used to be. I don't know if it's because of the medication, but I'm far more mellow, secluded and dare I say, depressive, than I was back then.

Because this doesn't usually fit in with the 'definition' of ADHD, I can't really say whether I think I have it, or ever did really have it or not, but that I never really found it to be so 'wrong' to think the way I did back then. Don't we all just naturally wish to find things out for ourselves?

Well, clearly not since other students were fine with doing it. But I always assumed it was normal to want to experiment and see things for yourself..?

EDIT: Btw, I dropped the medication years ago because I felt that I didn't need it, and that it was keeping me from 'being myself'

I don't know if the change in personality was because of the medication, or because I stopped taking it. Or just something completely different..

[edit on 29-8-2009 by Akherousia]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akherousia

EDIT: Btw, I dropped the medication years ago because I felt that I didn't need it, and that it was keeping me from 'being myself'

I don't know if the change in personality was because of the medication, or because I stopped taking it. Or just something completely different..

[edit on 29-8-2009 by Akherousia]

I know what you mean here - I've always been on a small dose (under 15mg twice a day), and it does actually calm down the "speed" of my mind when I am using the medication, which is very useful for logically working things out. When I am not using it the flow of ideas through my head can get overwhelming at times so it is good to get into a logical zone where I can hash out and elaborate on these ideas. I put "speed" in quotes because the quickness is more in a mental sense than the traditional physical sense of "speed". Another thing I've found is the more time you spend in the logical zone (when using the medication) the more you are able to reproduce it without the medication. This is probably IMO what happened to you so you were able to stop taking it - I am noticing the changes in this respect myself and have started to decrease the use of my medication. It's not fun being hopped up on amphetamines all the time thats for sure...

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Vertig0

Do you remember your matrix reasoning subscore on the IQ test? I tested an average of IQ 125-130 (omitted one of the subtests) but my matrix reasoning subscore was of IQ 170 - and I have the same interest/ability in math/science as yourself (I'm thinking yours is probably higher though).

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
No the be honest i dont, iv taken a few over the coarse of time they all show all different numbers, i like to take tests tho even the online ones. Tho IQ numbers in them self's show what is testable intelligence my friend Garret is also ADHD, but he is a unix/linux programing genius like on the kernel level and also can play many instruments especially guitar, when i me play he can hear a melody and play it back to the T quite talented both right and left brain. He also cant spell or even write with a pen without it looking like chicken scratch.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Im an Aquarius with ADD..Does make me super special or something?
And blonde with blue eyes..

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Vertig0

You cant get dexadrine (Sp?) anymore i dont think, i heard that was crazy,but there is something like you are looking for, and it is never talked about much bc its so hard to get, but if you look around the internet i am sure you will find it.. cant remember though off the top my head

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Iv been on it all dude the docs tried everything, Rit and zoloft, dex and zol, aderol and zo, addies alone, rit alone, dex alone , rit + dex ( realy mad eme fuqed up) addies + dex ( made me even moe #ed up) iv been on ever one and every combo the doc could think of best they finaly figured out was 20mg adderol xr time released over 12hrs. That actualy worked, i was focused but wasnt speedy and crazy. It is what i take now but i self regulate i don't take it on weekends or days off at all, only to focus but it does kill my sociability alot, so i gota trade because i need that to sell cars , but if i dont take it i # up on numbers and financing things. Hard thing to juggle in my line of buinsess, i take the meds, im boring but focused, i dont take them im likable and high energy personality that helps me make sales but i # the numbers up, and it costs when i do because i overlook alot of things. hard trade off. What i do now, is i dont take them during the day, but when i have a buying customer at my desk i take a small dosage so that in the 20-30 mins when it kicks in, im calm and focused enuff to not over look the numbers and disclose the customer on the need to know info. Took me a while to figure out that balance, and it sucks i wish i could control why my brain thinks but i can't, its either full speed ahead without em, or nere zombie but i dont miss the details. Theres no middle of the road, iv been on every drug mix for adhd meds there is and thats the only combo that i can work with and live a semi normal life. Theres many many things i can do with numbers, computers, tech hardware, electronics, engines, or anything to do with systematic things, but id give it all up just to be a regular guy that graduated high school that could spell and write things properly while being focused. But its not the case with me or many adhd or add people, many of em have great ground breaking ideas all the time but can only focus on that idea for mins if even tha, then forget and go on to something else that interests them. I always carry a notepad with me to write ideas down even if i think there stupid then i still write them down so i dont forget, for instance i was taking a piss at my gay freind's house who had some crazy wallpaper in his bathroom black and white with circles and squares. Well during that time i had an idea about loop quantum gravity just looking at the wallpaper and wrote it down, im no genius but it was original thinking and sparked ideas for others researching that area of theoretical physics. The best thing about adhd/add people is creative out of the box thinking, we dont conform , we are constantly outside the box sometimes to the point that people think were crazy or we over think to the point that its even useless. Everyone's brain works differently, add and adhd people seems to be very creative and smart, but only on things they LIKE or want to focus on, if they don't like it they don't care or try to learn about it. I like math, physics, pattens and mechanics and i learn as much as i can about it almost to an obsessive point ie( hrs on Wikipedia, play logic games, ect ect) If it comes to history and English or reading a book i don't like. I cant stand it, many kids are like this tho, not cuz there lazy theirs not interest at all. Our schools need to teach kids that take interest in subjects they like. Our brains only retain things we are interested in, if we dont like the subject the information is only stored long enough till we can forget it. The American education system is setup so that we all learn the same subjects with slight alterations to be a productive member of socity. Tho the great minds of all time were free thinking,outside the box, ADHD personality's that came up with ideas that moved mankind forward. It is a curse and a blessing, continued.....

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
.......... We have so many great ideas, but cant focus on them or remember the ideas shortly after they think of em. Many people dismiss what we say, because they don't understand or feel intimated thinking were trying to prove were smarter. We don't think that, and want to be accepted like everyone else. There will always be people that hate, make fun of , drug us ( if your younger) and separate us from everyone else with that label of adhd/add but don't let it bother you or bring you down. The social stigma of it can bring ya down easily and depression comes easy with us , it has to do with the chemicals so called "imbalance"that you have, but it is also the same thing that makes you more creative and smarter than most people. Remember that no mater what people tell you! YES if your relay adhd/add your different, but its not a bad thing no mater what people tell you. A lot of people wish they could think the way you do, even tho its hard at times its still a gift. Many of our greatest thinkers were the same, and they changed the course of history and you may too.

Leonardo Da Vinci , Orville & Wilber Wright , Benjamin Franklin,
Thomas Edison , William Wrigley , Alexander Graham Bell, Sir Issac Newton , Galileo , Albert Einstein , Anwar Sadat

Abraham Lincoln , John F. Kennedy

Winston Churchill , Prince Charles

Dwight Eisenhower , Robert F. Kennedy ,Woodrow Wilson ,Nelson Rockafeller

Walt Disney , FW Woolworth, Andrew Carnegie,
Henry Ford , Malcolm Forbes, William Randolph Hearst,

Pablo Picasso, Vincent Van Gogh, Ansel Adams,

Bill Cosby, Jim Carey , Harry Belafonte,
Cher , Kirk Douglas, Ann Bancroft,
Dustin Hoffman, Robin Williams, Suzanne Somers,
George Burns, Steve McQueen, Tracey Gold,
George C. Scott, Sylvester Stallone, Whoopi Goldberg,
Henry Winkler, Will Smith, Lindsay Wagner,
James Stewart, Tom Smothers Danny Glover

All suspected of adhd/add or proven adhd/add, they didn't test or diagnose for it before 1937 (first diagnoses)

[edit on 16-9-2009 by Vertig0]

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19   >>

join