It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those With ADHD Are the new race "Aquarian Children"?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

I don't know them by I know there tracks. I was living in the canary's when they hit the scene. Yeah I have been away from all the madness for a few years now, well for about 6 years. I have run a few clubs in the last 10 years and the novelty soon wares off like a stubborn hangover. I think I killed it for myself. Call it self preservation if you will. I still love music though its the source and true expression.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Karrotz

Yes..

While I don't have those problems, I have more of the "situational adjustment" problems.. but I have run into situations like those where compounded things keep occurring because its hard to detail what you need to do 1st 2nd 3rd last etc...

Usually I am the guy trying to do all 4 things at one time, all very quickly, bc i don't have the patience to wait for things to catch up with me if that makes any sense

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Funklestiltzkin

oh yeah, i have totally spoiled everything for myself and more..

thats why i can have a great time sober now.. really don't need it somehow..

i mean 3 years of partying maybe even 2x a week... well..

but the usa has low quality.. i cant imagine being in Europe and well.. lets just say 8up.com

haahhaahhaha

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I'm a diagnosed ADD'er. Id has a lot advantages in my life but also a lot disadvantages which I'm constantly trying to fight.
I'm not sure if it is a kind of handicap, braindamage, devolution or something else like a new race or new consciousness.

The most frustrating thing is that I'm a deep thinker, I understand almost everything if I dive into it, but I cannot translate my thoughts into words, so I'm a very bad communicator and mostly silent in discussions and among people. Because of that I feel very immature between other people of my age or younger. Like a child in a 43 year old body.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Safandjaro

you still take meds?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Never took any meds....

Did anyone have experience with them?
Another frustrating thing to deal with is my concentration, I have a mayor deadline tomorrow but cannot concentrate on my work, switching from window to window every 5 seconds doing 1 thing, like reading a post on ATS, work, mail, music, looking outside the window to people who do not have to work and enjoying life (I always have to work because I'm always to late for my deadlines because I always take too much load...)

Another Hour past and I did 100 things but made no progression, anyone recognize this?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Safandjaro

omg... yes read this whole thread.. get to a psych. and talk to him about some

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
First off, hi everyone! I'm an Aquarian too..
Reading peoples' comments here has been enlightening to say the least. I too can identify with some of your motivation issues impacting hugely; especially when you don't like or enjoy it. If your heart's not in it......

Then when I do something I can enjoy, my motivation knows no bounds! I'm also very fastidious in many things, like typing and even cleaning around the house

If I ever get a handle on my motivation, I might be able to make positive changes in my life and in the lives of others. Until then ATS is keeping me entertained and informed

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Juno Blaster

yep... join our club of like minded individuals..

we all share the "common traits" whether good or bad to some..

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by king Pop!p

Don't know about ADHD but I do have (very) mild ADD (and I was quite hyperactive as a kid). And I can tell you it's the stuff superiority is made of.
Fortunately I live in a society that values traditional discipline. Had I been born in USA I would have grown into a dumb, entitled, difficult and undisciplined (and maybe even fat) American kid.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by king Pop!p

I got it, my son has it.
At work I say it's a benefit because I can multi-task.
It drives my wife crazy how I can talk on ATS, read a book, and watch tv at the same time.
She even went and got my son and I matching t-shirts that said, " I don't have ADD I have. . .oh look! A bunny!"
Don't know about the Aquarian stuff. I just deal with it and get on with my life.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Like I said my observations was were just that, and of the types I described no offense toward yourself was intended and I don't think any was taken.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
i've had this adhd/add thing from the beginning.
funny thing is, i never have had a "short attention span". if anything, the regular joe's are whom have the short attention span.

with adha/add and being left brained, it leaves one way out in left field when it comes to fitting in social settings, and job recruiting.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

none at all

i would prob. think the same thing hahaaha

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by eldard

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Yea, I know what you mean about trying to do everything at once. I go through both types of situations.

One of my biggest problems is an short term memory loss. I constantly forget simple things. Like grabbing my keys or wallet, or remembering to go to the post office, simple things. It's usually because (for instance leaving the house) I'm so zoomed in on what I am going to do, that I pay absolutely no attention to what I AM doing.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

LMAO... I love the shirts!.lol.. Its crazy how we can watch T.V and read a book at the same time isn't it.lol

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by phoebeflakes

Personally I wouldn't recommend meds, depends on how severe it is with you an how much it effects your life. But I would say Meditation is the key. I love and its addicting becuase after you meditate its like your on cloud 9-fully aware of everything. Its great. Give a shot trust me.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Karrotz

Oh ya, happens all the time

Could be for other reasons as well though LOL!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Not to sway off topic. But man, I gotta learn day trading and trend spotting...

I love being on control of my future, I hate bosses.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join