Those With ADHD Are the new race "Aquarian Children"?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
reply to post by king Pop!p

I dont like being around that many people either at one time (unless im in a club).. so im not sure what that means either.. i tend to rather be alone than socialize with a bunch of people who dont share my same exact interests
ROFLMAO. I'm the same exact way.. I can be the coolest person with anyone but I like to be alone, like if I'm anti-social. what can I do if most people dont share the same interest as me?!lol

I could careless sometimes about anyone I don't know, or new people my friends try to introduce me too. I generally don;t like no one unless I get to know them alot, and understand why they behave the way they do.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   

yep, as im getting older, i could care less and less.. not sure what that means..

the older I get, the more I would rather like to be only assoicated with someone that shares 99-100% of the same things I like to do, or honestly I can get along by myself..

Ive been to 42 dave matthews band shows in my life.. been to about 20 alone.. and all those i went to by myself, I just walked up to a crowd, offered up whatever I had in my back pocket, partied, and then went to the after party with them.. did this in many cities across the country.. no problems..

But have a bunch of family or something at my house, and i dont feel like interacting.. well ill just go right into my room and work on my stocks etc..

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Travel broadens the mind and softens the heart. I highly recomend it. It was only through travelling I managed to defeat my depression. You get to see real culture and meet real people and it makes you feel truly humble. Perhaps it's just me but even with the many language differences in different countrys communication is never a problem.

We traveled right across thailand for three months with just a couple of back packs and a small wad of cash. We didn't have any Malaria jabs and we didn't have a visa.( I didn't really think about visa's) It was only when we got to the airport that the customs chappies told us that we had over stayed our visa by 120 odd days, If we didn't pay them £600 they were going to throw us into immigration prison untill we could get the funds.

We worked all that out and not one word of English was spoken. Then made our excuses and did one from the airport. Luckily I've got a very understanding brother who paid for our freedom with visa.

Just one of many little tales that you tend to pick up whilst seeing the world.
Don't think just do!!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Funklestiltzkin

I agree...

In most cases dont ask, just do what you feel is correct, and let the good or bad result from it..

usually, things work out for me in the long run by just letting it happen for me, cant explain that either.. just seems to "click"

I guess you could say with all the BS in my life, I also have the other half which I should be very thankful for..

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I should also add, for some strange reason, I am also very good with pattern recognition, and can spot trends and weird things by just looking at something for a second, thats perhaps why trading equities and such is simple for me.. even though perhaps very difficult for some to understand..

I am all about charting and technical analysis.. and it pays high dividends

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I like this thread. I need to think about the whole ADD/ADHD thing but keep putting it off. I'm dead scared of going to a doctor with it, but that's more a general hate of going to a doctor for anything, I guess. Though anything that might make me look like I am trying to get drugs to abuse or something makes me uncomfortable. I always seem like I'm lying or can't get proper sentences out on the spot.

I never focused in school and was always getting in trouble for 'not listening' or spacing out or wandering over to the window trying to count snowflakes in the middle of a test or whatever. That was elementary. I'd get 99% in classes I didn't hardly study for in university that covered topics I loved, and struggle to get a pass in classes I invested hours in that covered subjects that didn't seem to click with my brain I guess. Worst feeling, spending hours trying to read out of a text book and feeling like even when you try with every ounce of your energy to read every word of a sentence when you are finally desperate and are sure this is your own stupid fault, that it just seems to bounce back out of your brain before anything makes sense....
Ughhh. So glad I'm done school. Bloody horrible, years of that.

My boyfriend keeps nagging me to go on ritalin or something. But it seems like I turn around and refuse to believe, ultimately, when it comes down to deciding whether to take action, I decide that I should be able to control this myself, that maybe if I had better sleep habits and perfect eating habits and was more disciplined or something etc etc and did everything exactly right, then I wouldn't have trouble. I don't know. That goes nicely with "I hate going to the doctor anyway" unfortunately.

I hate saying this because I feel absolutely dumb as sh*t most of the time, but my IQ was tested at 145 in school, I was placed in a gifted program where I felt no better at all socially but was definitely exposed to more interesting things. This was in elementary school. Anyway, look where gifted got me...some disappointed, exhausted ex-student lol...

I have a weak social life, I go absolutely NUTS in crowded loud places, I'm hypersensitive to everything, physically, environmentally, whatever. I used to be very strong musically and artistically but now I am lethargic in those areas. I want to get it back, but I'm not sure why I can't.

I'm not an aquarius lol, and don't have allergies...dunno what else I might have in common with anyone here...

I do relate very very much to someone who said they have trouble talking and prefer to write - that sentences get broken up and confused.....it really gets frustrating and adds to a bit of social...anxiety..I guess I'd call it.
I dunno what else to say or what the point of my post is.
I'm so tired with my head though, and doctors here are on a witch hunt for people trying to get drugs to sell on the streets and I've been screamed at over pain meds before (which I effing needed legitimately).
It makes my stomach knot up to think of trying to deal with it right now but its also been so damned long and so exhausting.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
I should also add, for some strange reason, I am also very good with pattern recognition, and can spot trends and weird things by just looking at something for a second, thats perhaps why trading equities and such is simple for me.. even though perhaps very difficult for some to understand..

I am all about charting and technical analysis.. and it pays high dividends
Im excellent at that my self, I was always interested in stocks when I was young, but I wasn't good at math.lol.. but I'm always good at spotting trends whether it be business wise or in the streets. I'm gonna look into day trading once I have like 15k that I know I wont mind losing in the markets. I don't trust them right now I'm scared.lol

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by phoebeflakes

Social Anxiety is under the ADHD UMBRELLA

I thought I was either bi polar or had bad social anxiety as i would get panic attacks like going into the mall..

Dr said that is all part of ADHD..

he is right..

you have it too... im not a dr. of course.. but I know a LOT about this lol..

you need to talk to a behavioral psychologist

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   

lol..

that is a common fault of a retail investor.. paralysis by analysis..

you have the same traits i do..

always trust your instinct...

you will be right far more times than wrong

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
p.s.

go look at that up to the minute market thread.. its all my posts..

look at all my trends and such..

if you think you can spot those immediately as well.. well you are one step ahead

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Do you find you'd also get very tired, irritable and unable to think at ALL after 20 minutes running around a mall or other crowded place?

One of my friends diagnosed with ADHD is the opposite of me, she has to have insanity all around her or else she gets really agitated and bored lol

I think it must go both ways.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by phoebeflakes

it does..

there is different varities..

ADHD

ADD

ADHD w/xxx

ADD w/XXX

etc..

down the line

but if you suffer from panic attacks as well.. well you are one step closer to finding out more about yourself..

orginally i went in to get xanax..the dr. laughed at me and told me who I really was hahaha

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   

I have over a period of time observed some of these kids who's parents claim they have this ADHD.

I have noticed that (the ones I have observed) share a few things in common -

Most of them came from parents with relationship issues/ broken homes/ single parents.

The parents appeared to have very little knowledge about raising a child.

All the children had a very poor diet which mostly consisted of processed junk food with little nutritional content, and nothing that actually came out of the ground.

Many of the parents tried to deny responsibility for their child's' behavior.

Common sense would dictate that, if you feed your dog washing powder it may act a little strange. If you then lead by example an take a crap on your neighbors lawn it will probably find it confusing when you chastise it for doing the same.

A few years ago when kids started to act odd the first thing "responsible " parents would do was check what they'd been eating and how they themselves or others were acting in front of the child.

We've now got to the place where many parents naturally act like wankers and eat chemically enhanced crap themselves. Obviously this being the case, well then the blame must lay elsewhere it must be a new disease.

Yes indeed crap parenting is now relabeled as ADHD !

Try using "Small farmer" not "Big Pharma" could well be a good start in helping out these kids.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

my parents have been together for 27 years..

raised very well in a well to do family (no bragging)

my dad is major OCD though. very OCD.. so perhaps a DNA strand got twisted into ADHD?

LOL..

My dad is also very smart, holds 4 patents in electrical engineering..

so while you may have witnessed this.. I break that trend.. many other that I know also do not fit that mold

like i said, people that dont have it, I dont expect them to understand, and you find out thats fine, bc to each their own my friend

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   

I am a bit dubious of taking any pharma products, bordering on paranoia.

Do you know whats in these tablets is there any side effects,(apart from doing the dishes).

I don't think my doctor knows what he is talking about. He prescribed me more and more anti depressants for about 6 months slowly increasing the dosage, which I didn't take because I knew I wasn't depressed. Since then I don't do Doctors!! I am fine now though. Its like learning a new skill.

No such thing as problems only solutions.

I am just not sure whether the solution is in pill form. I've had enough of them to last me life time.8-)

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   

you will prob. grit your teeth, perhaps your hands will quiver a bit, but your body will "adapt" to this..

you will also start on a low dose.. then move up once your body tolerates the amp.

as I said, talk to your dr. it would be bad of me to give too much medical advice as I wouldnt want to steer you in a poor direction.. but i think i can already label you, especially b/c you are asking the right questions

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Sounds just like the good old days waiting for the mitzi's and the bass to kick in.

I'm going to have a serious think about this and talk to the doc.

Cheers for the advice.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   

lol..

and my screename doesnt ring a bell?

you must have been out of the game for a while my friend?

LOL

We are the same people..

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   

by the way i see you are from the UK?

you know styles, dj whizkid etc..

i need to get to the UK.. ive seen your parties on video..

ive wanted to go there and back to spain for a very very long time

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
ADD: The curse of the gifted.

"Ok. It's 2:45 P.M. I have to be at work in an hour, plenty of time. It takes twenty minutes to get there, and I just have to take a shower and get get dressed. Tonight's gonna be an easy night, slow and easy. What am I going to eat for dinner when I get home? I have some of that pasta left over, maybe I'll try the other kind tonight. But that's a lot of dishes to mess up, besides, I wanna watch that movie I got from Frank. It sounds interesting. Yea, but the last movie he gave me sucked. Movies today man, terrible.....O CRAP! It's 3 already. Gotta take a shower."

20 mins later, after meticulously putting the dirty clothes where they belong, I proceeded to get dressed. Upon being half completed, I noticed I had a new text message. It was from Amanda, asking me if it was ok if she worked for me tonight. : "Ah, I'm so tired. I so don't feel like working tonight. O well, I gotta make some money, I can't let her work for me, can I? I am hungry, and I worked all weeke....no, I can't." So I replied with a kind "No thanks" and put the phone back on charger, still second-guessing myself. In an instant, I calculated approx. how much money I would make this week vs outgoing expenses, minus tonight's shift. "200, about 25 for gas, don't forget Sara's food, ...." I opened the closet to grab my shirt in order to iron it and finsish getting ready for work.

"OH NOO! My shirt! It's still in the washing machine! Are you serious!?! CRAP CRAP 3:13 No, seven minutes! OK, relax." I run downstairs to check the washer, hoping somehow my shirts miraculously leaped into the dryer on their own power...

"Please don't be wet, pleas... S***! What now?"

About that same time, my dog Sara sat looking at her bowl wondering where here dinner was.

"I'm sorry, I'll feed you when I get Home." " AHA, Amanda!" I jolt up the steps, round the bend and dash into the bedroom, unwillingly staring the clock face down as if it were high noon, only it was 3 minute's until I had to leave or be late, and I was late twice last week. I picked up the phone, and called Amanda to see if the offer was still good. It was too late, she had already found someone Else's shift to work.

"O well, I'll just call and tell them I'll be a little late. Just let my shirts dry.....Dangit man..." I ran back down the steps again in order to actually put my clothes in the dryer.

"I know there's no way to convince him I had a flat tire or something. I can't lie, he asks to many questions..."

To be continued, maybe some day

HA this is kinda close to what can happen when an ADD spell happens. Hope the story wasn't to off topic, but I thought it would be a different way to show some of the symptoms. I've never written anything like that before...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join