Those With ADHD Are the new race "Aquarian Children"?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dviper785

Hmm - hadn't heard about the higher glucose metabolism but this jives with my personal experience.

I went on an extremely high protein low carbohydrate diet for 3 months - to clean out my system - and it worked but I found it extremely uncomfortable and I was dizzy the entire first week (which is a known but minority side effect)

For those three months I always felt that something was slightly off with me but I couldn't put my finger on it until the first day that I re-introduced carbs back into my diet - and then it was crystal clear - my IQ was lower without the additional sugars for my Brain.

(funny how one can't see they were mentally impaired until returned to their former higher functioning state)

I vowed never again to deprive my Brain of a base level sugar supply again - at least not for such an extended period of time.

Oddly - though - I did not feel an substantial increase in concentration while on that carb deprived diet.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthMagnet

Hmm - hadn't heard about the higher glucose metabolism but this jives with my personal experience.

I went on an extremely high protein low carbohydrate diet for 3 months - to clean out my system - and it worked but I found it extremely uncomfortable and I was dizzy the entire first week (which is a known but minority side effect)

For those three months I always felt that something was slightly off with me but I couldn't put my finger on it until the first day that I re-introduced carbs back into my diet - and then it was crystal clear - my IQ was lower without the additional sugars for my Brain.

(funny how one can't see they were mentally impaired until returned to their former higher functioning state)

I vowed never again to deprive my Brain of a base level sugar supply again - at least not for such an extended period of time.

Oddly - though - I did not feel an substantial increase in concentration while on that carb deprived diet.

have been experimenting with putting glucose back in my diet after reading this post on the 19th...the answer was hiding right under my nose...i've been trying to eat healthy as well - and experiencing this loss.

have had excellent results so far.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

dviper785,

Glad my experience was able to be useful to you!

I do think that inducing Ketosis for specific time periods can be great for cleaning out your body - or short circuiting Metabolic Syndrome - but it looks like some of us need to watch out that we don't sabotage our intellect as well.

I will probably do a high protein diet again sometime - for a short period - but I will make sure to write myself a few notes/emails to explain what is happening to me in case I forget in my mentally reduced state.

One thing I thoroughly enjoyed about ketosis was that I could literally exercise for as long as I chose without ever getting tired - it was pretty amazing.

They are actually currently engineering mammals who can barely metabolize carbohydrates - and these creatures seem to be incredibly strong, active, and long lived compared to their "normal" peers.

Still, long term, all Humans do seem to get bad complications from a prolonged high protein / low carb diet.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by TruthMagnet]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I agree with that. I have adhd and i love it. i notice every little thing and i have photographic memory. I'm 15 almost 16 years old. I want to see humans evolve into greater beings than we are now.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by lycanlance

You and me both, brother!

And... being several years your senior - I have a plan!

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by king Pop!p

Their has been a dramatic increase in the early to mid 1900's with record growth in ADD & ADHD diagnoses.

3 things to consider:

1st : There was a dramatic increase in population in the early to mid 1900s. Maybe the population growth could be also be called record. So, maybe there is just an increase of ADD/ADHD in proportion to the growth in population. Does someone know if that is true or not?

2nd: Maybe these ADD/ADHD children have a better survival rate starting in the early to mid 1900s. Children had a higher mortality rate in the pre 20th century. Do ADD/ADHD children have any behaviors that may have contributed to their death in a pre 20th century world? Perhaps, they do.

3rd: People like us were just called hyperactive before the labels of ADD and ADHD were widely used. So maybe there is not an accurate count of true ADD/ADHD cases pre 20th century.

Case numbers exploded after ritalin.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by tamusan

Their has been a dramatic increase in the early to mid 1900's with record growth in ADD & ADHD diagnoses.

3 things to consider:

1st : There was a dramatic increase in population in the early to mid 1900s. Maybe the population growth could be also be called record. So, maybe there is just an increase of ADD/ADHD in proportion to the growth in population. Does someone know if that is true or not?

2nd: Maybe these ADD/ADHD children have a better survival rate starting in the early to mid 1900s. Children had a higher mortality rate in the pre 20th century. Do ADD/ADHD children have any behaviors that may have contributed to their death in a pre 20th century world? Perhaps, they do.

3rd: People like us were just called hyperactive before the labels of ADD and ADHD were widely used. So maybe there is not an accurate count of true ADD/ADHD cases pre 20th century.

Case numbers exploded after ritalin.

1st - good oberservation - there is overwhelming evidence that ADHD is a genetically carried trait so it only makes sense that the ADHD diagnosis rate would increase with population growth

However I think we should be comparing diagnosis numbers from the 2000s. There is probably 5 people on the maternal side of my family, within 1-2 generations, with ADHD, but I am the only diagnosis of all of them, because ADHD is just not something that you would go to the doctor for until pretty recenty. My mother did not even realize she had been living with ADHD her entire life until I was diagnosed. And it's a little late for her to go to the doctor and get a perscription for Adderall now.

If there was a boom in diagnosis around the population boom, there should be another one for the present when people are actully going to get diagnosed.

2nd - from my understanding back in the olden days you were forced to live life pretty conservative, and pretty traditional if you didn't plan on living on the street outside of the range of statistics

someone with mild to severe ADHD would not exactly fit into the mold that was expected back in traditional living, so they would be forced into the streets and living "off the census grid" IMO

3rd - very true, I've been seeing circumstantial historical evidence of ADHD symptoms dating back to native americans, from multiple sources here and there over time, so ADHD could have been known by a multitude of names for the past few thousand years

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

However I think we should be comparing diagnosis numbers from the 2000s.

My mother did not even realize she had been living with ADHD her entire life until I was diagnosed.

I was diagnosed as a child with hyperactivity, in the 70s. That is not too far from 2000. Sometime after 2000 I had a shrink tell me I had ADHD as a child, and had adult symptoms of it. All three of my sons have ADHD.

We could still be in a gray area for getting an accurate count of ADD/ADHD increases. Many parents of ADD/ADHD children, diagnosed in 2000, also had sympotms of ADD/ADHD as a child, but were never diagnosed.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by impaired

Wow the similarities are staggering lol. My buddy is he same way with music, never went to school for it but is just naturally good. As for me I'm the same only with writing. I have a million story ideas all boarded out but cant seem to finish one of them, screenplay or book. Gets me down big time. But hey that's just our struggle.

And yes i do have a problem with indecisiveness, all the time.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Be thankful that you waited until you were in your twenties to take meds. I didn't have that option.

I was born in 80, and I was an extremely extroverted and active kid, really in your face "Let's DO SOMETHING!" - pretty much everywhere I went I had a gang of kids assembled in no time. I was always asking questions, and I was quick to call out adults if I thought they were wrong or full of it.

This didn't go over well in school. I was given a psych evaluation and IQ test, and diagnosed as having ADHD.

I was put on meds, little round yellow pills (not Ritalin) and just like that, bam - different person. I became extremely shy and introverted, I got sweaty and nervous when people addressed me or directed any sort of attention toward me. I didn't enjoy being around my peers anymore, I wanted to be alone and left alone.

This hasn't ever gone away, that old me is gone forever. I don't know if it's because my brain was still developing, if it was psychological or what, but it hurts. I feel like I died and was replaced by a lesser version. I can't ever come to terms with it either, because it's like when you no longer have access to parts of the brain or ways of thinking/feeling, whatever it is, you can't use them anymore, experience them or understand them, so it's like they never existed.

I would give a lot to have never agreed to take those pills. I can imagine the old me breezing through things like job interviews, hanging in large groups of people, making new friends, etc.

One weird thing though, kids act like I'm the pied piper or something. They'll literally push past relatives to get to me, a stranger. Even extremely shy kids - maybe they can sense something still in there somewhere, I don't usually lean toward the esoteric explanations, but considering how antisocial I am this defies explanation.

Aquarius is my sign, go figure

[edit on 31-7-2009 by maus80]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by maus80

Man - I'm sorry to hear that - I'm now exactly like you were - and the few times I did take Ritalin (in College - of my own accord) - it did make me change in exactly the way you describe.

Fortunately after dosing myself 3 times with the stuff - I had had it - and was done for good - and I returned to my normal fearless (and likely somewhat over-confident) self.

But that's what was so bizarre about when I was under the influence of Rit - the overwhelming Fear I felt that went along with the increased concentration o the mundane.

I hope - over time - that you will regain some of your former spontanety - but am confident we all thank you for your testimony and the warning it gives us!

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Born in the sign of Aquarius and my friends say I am way way too
much of one.

I have the ADHD VERY badly, but it gives me a weird focus at
times on certain things, particularly watching TV or computer
programming.

I kinda slip into a trance and ppl can yell at me from across the
room and I do not even hear them.

Very odd.

I was considered a gifted child, but I was somewhat poorly
functional in some areas and if I got bored on class I would end
up watching a bird outside the window, or a dust mote, or
anything else.

I had the attention span of a cat on catnip, unless it genuinely
interested me.

I should have tried self hypnosis, always meant to, but never did.

Some have told me I have some indigo traits and I'd say they are
right about that.

I do not mesh well with most ppl, have lived alone for years.

"Descriptions of indigo children include the belief that they are empathetic, curious, possess a clear sense of self-definition and purpose, strong-willed, independent and unconventional. Indigo children have also been described as having a strong feeling of entitlement, or "deserving to be here." Other alleged traits include a high intelligence quotient, an inherent intuitive ability, resistance to authority,[2][4] disruptive, impatient and easily bored."

Pretty much me to a tee, except I got rid of the disruptive trait,
and impatient trait they were making life a little hard.

Made progress on the authority issue thru Zen thought.

The empathy thing freaks ppl out, I can tell how they feel sometimes
even when they are trying to hide it.

Also animals are FREAKISHLY attracted to me.

Ppl with very skiddish pets are amazed by it.

As a small child a baby deer came right up to me and I petted it.

I cannot calm psychologically affected animals thou, and violent
ones in particular really freak around me, scared not attacking.

Teaching myself how to program computers at the age of 12
just from the help file when I only had access to a green screen
mainframe back in 1978.

I do not think I have any so called "abilities" save maybe the
odd deal with animals and the weird trance.

And maybe my odd ability to build a perfect replica of almost any
dinosaur just by name out of modeling clay, lol.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_MislTech

Born in the sign of Aquarius and my friends say I am way way too
much of one.

I have the ADHD VERY badly, but it gives me a weird focus at
times on certain things, particularly watching TV or computer
programming.

I kinda slip into a trance and ppl can yell at me from across the
room and I do not even hear them.

"Descriptions of indigo children include the belief that they are empathetic, curious, possess a clear sense of self-definition and purpose, strong-willed, independent and unconventional. Indigo children have also been described as having a strong feeling of entitlement, or "deserving to be here." Other alleged traits include a high intelligence quotient, an inherent intuitive ability, resistance to authority,[2][4] disruptive, impatient and easily bored."

Pretty much me to a tee, except I got rid of the disruptive trait,
and impatient trait they were making life a little hard.

Made progress on the authority issue thru Zen thought.

The empathy thing freaks ppl out, I can tell how they feel sometimes
even when they are trying to hide it.

Also animals are FREAKISHLY attracted to me.

Ppl with very skiddish pets are amazed by it.

As a small child a baby deer came right up to me and I petted it.

I cannot calm psychologically affected animals thou, and violent
ones in particular really freak around me, scared not attacking.

Teaching myself how to program computers at the age of 12
just from the help file when I only had access to a green screen
mainframe back in 1978.

I do not think I have any so called "abilities" save maybe the
odd deal with animals and the weird trance.

And maybe my odd ability to build a perfect replica of almost any
dinosaur just by name out of modeling clay, lol.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

You should check if you can see through your eyelids/blindfold. I also am diagnosed with ADHD and posses 90% of the indigo traits, and during meditation last night I sh*t you not I could see the outline of my arms, and what I think were particles buzzing around through the air through electromagnetic fields.

I have been heavily researching the energy link with new age spirituality to the physical body, because I could feel the energy myself and really needed an explanation to it. I found a link between them by cross referencing some biophysics studies on the electrical conductance of bodily tissues (Gabriel et al, 1997, and 2009, and Duck 1990 - I think were the ones I used if people are interested), And found that the highest conductance of tissues, especially with their circulations, was in Cerebrospinal Fluids (CSF) (circulates through the middle and outside of brain) - Which corresponds to the crown and brow chakras, Vitreous Humour (the inside of the eyeballs (Brow chakra again), Gall Bladder Bile (Solar Plexus chakra), and of course blood (heart chakra - keep in mind the amount of blood, cerebrospinal fluid in the throat/neck each second - corresponding to the throat chakra). And this model, pretty much falls exactly in line with the 7 main chakras, I'm currently trying to build a animated model of this circulation in adobe flash - but adding each electromagnetic field along the pathways (all custom motion guides) is quite time consuming.

Anyways - I've seen these shapes before in total darkness but didn't really figure out what was going on till I learned of this link.

Keep in mind this does depend on proximity, which will probably will vary person to person. This is because it depends on the magnitude and vector of the electric fields your body is capable of producing (see Coulomb's law for that equation).

My "see thru eyelids" field was approx 10-12 inches max, with very short bursts into 7-8 feet.

cheers

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
here is the snapshot of the model I am building

www.imagebam.com...

The colors correspond to the color on the electromagnetic visible light spectrum to show energy level, if you notice the eyes are slightly less violet than the cerebrospinal fluid

I'm going to use about 8 colors total (from violet to red) and there will by hundreds of those little fields flying around the body through their corresponding circulations, making the base image of the body with each layer of anatomy (like 12-14 layers I think) was 20+ hours of work itself lol, but i needed it to model the motion paths for the EM fields.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
It's biochemical disorder related. Hypoglycemia is common. I think the gut has a big part in it as well. Overall, it's caused by nutritional deficiencies. I think the right-brain is more active in adhd'ers. Right-brain activation is linked to para-sympathetic increases. PS cleanses the body of toxins.

I think basically that microbial overgrowths, and inflamed guts leads to nutritional deficiencies. These lead to biochemical disorders and more right-brain activation as a means to cleanse the body and cope. This explains adhd people processing simultaneously, and also having problems understanding cause and effect.

I think right-brain activation and para-sympathetic increases also explain somewhat the old saying, "Theirs non genius without a tincture of madness". Right-brainers may be actually diseased, experiencing toxic overload, and also able to process in a completely different way than most other people.

Just my .02c

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Thank god there ARE others like me.

For a long time, I thought I was psycho...

I can remember CRYING because I could not concentrate.

Recently, over the past three months, when I think about something, and then start thinking about something else, I smack myself mentally to stay on target with my thoughts. Its very difficult.

Even my father said I was good for two things. Moving furniture, and shaking paint. Things that dont require much thought, or calculation. Things I can fly through without problem, and be ready for the next job soon after.
Thats why I do my boss's job at work. Having alot to do keeps me busy, and thus, atleast halfway focused.

I love it. ADD/ADHD.. what ever it is, you just have to learn to channel it correctly and use it to your advantage.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
It's biochemical disorder related. Hypoglycemia is common. I think the gut has a big part in it as well. Overall, it's caused by nutritional deficiencies. I think the right-brain is more active in adhd'ers. Right-brain activation is linked to para-sympathetic increases. PS cleanses the body of toxins.

I think basically that microbial overgrowths, and inflamed guts leads to nutritional deficiencies. These lead to biochemical disorders and more right-brain activation as a means to cleanse the body and cope. This explains adhd people processing simultaneously, and also having problems understanding cause and effect.

I think right-brain activation and para-sympathetic increases also explain somewhat the old saying, "Theirs non genius without a tincture of madness". Right-brainers may be actually diseased, experiencing toxic overload, and also able to process in a completely different way than most other people.

Just my .02c

The Hypoglycemia part of this thread was composed of but a few posts out of the many, and is just a small piece of the equation IMO, I think what we are talking about as a whole pertains more to the EEG brainwave differences from people with/without ADHD, the ADHD brain is composed mainly of alpha/theta waves with the regular brain outputs beta waves. I am diagnosed and don't consider myself a right brain person very much at all.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarMind
Thank god there ARE others like me.

For a long time, I thought I was psycho...

I can remember CRYING because I could not concentrate.

Recently, over the past three months, when I think about something, and then start thinking about something else, I smack myself mentally to stay on target with my thoughts. Its very difficult.

Even my father said I was good for two things. Moving furniture, and shaking paint. Things that dont require much thought, or calculation. Things I can fly through without problem, and be ready for the next job soon after.
Thats why I do my boss's job at work. Having alot to do keeps me busy, and thus, atleast halfway focused.

I love it. ADD/ADHD.. what ever it is, you just have to learn to channel it correctly and use it to your advantage.

Yeah I'm trying to finish that flash animation a few posts up but just imagine trying to focus on something long enough to stick a few hundred of those little balls on each motion path

kill me now!

i need a secretary hahaha

EDIT:
Another thing, one thing I've learned over the years and through all the different treatment options for the "disorder" ADHD, like meditation, medication, etc..., that ABSOLUTELY NONE of the thoughts running through your head are random.

If you think the unfocused nature of ADHD is random thoughts they are very much so NOT random. Just like this post said and I can't count how many others, our mind go somewhere else if we are uninterested in something, so if you want to use your hyper focus ability, wait for one of these "random" thoughts to arise and then set your focus on that: you will be much more likely to be able to hold this thought than the other mundane ones causing you to become distracted.

[edit on 8/23/2009 by dviper785]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Heh. That makes two of us.

Concentrating can still be hard for me...

So I dont. I work and work and work untill I am tired. I dont concentrate. I do! xD

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarMind

Heh. That makes two of us.

Concentrating can still be hard for me...

So I dont. I work and work and work untill I am tired. I dont concentrate. I do! xD

See my edit in my last post, hope it helps!

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join