It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those With ADHD Are the new race "Aquarian Children"?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
We have already been found here on ATS ,and organising is pretty much out of the question for most of us ha!ha!ha!

Almost every politician,ceo,President,Pope,or Leader in ANY CAPACITY WHATSOEVER has whatever it is we have.

The incredible ability to visualize the future and in incorporate the wants and needs of a large number of people is OUR TRAIT.The ability to focus all of our intellect to solve a critical problem and then be re-loaded in a milisecond is OUR TRAIT.Our inability to stay doing the same thing once it encompasses repetition IS OUR TRAIT.The need to MAKE THE RULES OR BREAK THE RULES is OUR TRAIT.The capacity to juggle ten perspectives in our minds while we interpret each one into a VERSION all will understand IS OUR TRAIT.The ability to EASILY verbalise our perspectives and the inclination to verbalise FIRST AND QUICKLY is OUR TRAIT.

Yes,yes,I can hear it now "we all have those traits,they are simply human traits!" well yes they are BUT IT IS NOT A NATURAL OCCURANCE TO HAVE CONFLICTING TRAITS AS A HUMAN AND THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT WE HAVE WE HAVE THEM ALL AND THIS MAKES US VIEW THE WORLD FROM MULTIPLE PERSPECTIVES----AND THIS MY FRIENDS IS WHAT MAKES US SPECIAL AND SOONER OR LATER WE WILL BE COVETED FOR THIS ABILITY.COVETED ONLY BECAUSE OF THE ADVANTAGES THIS GIVES US COMBINED WITH THE FACT THAT NORMAL PEOPLE CANT BE LIKE US .

That is unless they drop some speed ,a lot of speed,then plug their modem into their a## and log on to the net. And all this will accomplish is "education" they will learn themselves out of the fog they are in,we(I should probably be careful here because I myself remember what it was to be normal I was turned into or onto this by an external influence) just have to wake up in the morning and we can see through the fog regular people live in.

The more you learn the less lies you will accept.The more you learn the less likely you will be vulnerable to religos doctrine,remember that the world is our oyster so if you were born with a religos background or early teachings,YOU WERE ACTUALLY BRAINWASHED BEFORE YOU HAD AN OPPORTUNITY TO BUILD UP YOUR INTELLECTUAL DEFENSES OR TO LEARN ENOUGH TO SEE THROUGH THE MANIPULATIONS.

The more you learn the more moral you become ,and please lets not bicker about exceptions because there will always be exceptions ,there are no ablolutes in life only in death.

The more you learn,the more you can create or invent hence the more change you can initiate that is positive.As opposed to NEGATIVE CHANGE WHICH IS WHAT UNDER-INFORMED PEOPLE ENCOURAGE AS A WAY OF LIFE THROUGH THEIR FORCED CONDITION OF HAVING TO "LEARN THROUGH MISTAKES BECAUSE THEY DO NOT HAVE THE ABILITY TO VISUALIZE THE OUTCOME OF THEIR ACTION PRIOR TO DOING IT,THEIR EMOTIONAL TRIGGER IS A HAIR TRIGGER AND EMOTIONS SHUT DOWN THE LEARNIG PROCESS AND INITIATE THE DEFENSE MECHANISMS WE ALL HAVE"This is what religon also breeds through the retarded(I apologise for this word but ...) concept of "forgiveness of sins by the lord"this is really what religon is doing to people it is CREATING AT A COST TO ALL the opportunity for a few to KEEP MAKING MISTAKES AND BE FORGIVEN TO THE POINT THAT THERE IS ACTUALLY AN ECONOMIC ADVANTAGE BECAUSE YOU FEEL FREE TO SCREW PEOPLE AT WILL ,AFTER ALL YOUR GOD IS A FORGIVING GOD ,RIGHT? .

FORGIVENESS IS LIKE FORGETFULNESS and we all know that the only reason you could possible WANT a human to forget something that has had a negative consequence upon another human is so you can manipulte them at your will.

To Forgive is to Forget,and to Forget pain we have caused another human even in the name of a god is a CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY AND SHOULD BE TREATED AS SUCH.

That is called breaking the cycle ,or remembering.

We have to learn our way out of this cesspool we have created and there is only one way to do that,THROUGH CHANGE BECAUSE THIS IS HOW WE MOVE FORWARD AND CHANGE ONLY COMES AFTER THE LEARNING PROCESS HAS KICKED IN ,(or kicked our a###s)

So yes ,thats who we are,and sooner or later thats what we will do.

Just remember that people who DONT WISH CHANGE wont like us very much so please lets try to stay dis-organised.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by one4all

One4all,
I hate this but I have to disagree with your perspective. I was born like this and am naturally this way. I have always had a strong intellect. When I hit puberty I denied all of my teachings and programs, I left my Faith completely. Then when I was 19 I found proof of Gods' existence and I mean literally. I saw the same serpent dipicted in the Hebrew Bible. It was only then that I turned completely around and followed God. Now I can say that I follow God because he is the Creator of the most beautiful creation and because He loves me.

He deserves our respect and adoration being the One true power of unlimited quantity. Seeing the devil made me believe in Gods' existance, therefore I must disagree with you. If you choose not to believe the Truth, that does not change the Truth that He is absolutely Real and that He is Eternal, and of limitless quantity. He can never end and has no beginning, He just IS.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I in fact do believe that there is a god that created all that we collectively concieve of as our our "reality"including the universe and everything in it.Just not a god tainted by the bitter elixer of religons,my god is not a religous god heis a fact of my reality and as such does not in any way shape or form require worship at any level,ONLY AKNOWLEDGEMENT AS BEING A PART OF REALITY.

I do not believe in an all seeing all knowing diety that has inherant control of every action in this reality that we know as the universe, I do not believe that my god has interests in the reality of men,I do not believe that I answer to this god or that I need worship him.

I also believe that our existance as soulful and sentient entities on this planet was enabled by geneticly manipulating indiginous primates with human dna.The humans that created us by combining primate and human dna ARE NOT OUR GODS OR OUR TRUE "CREATORS".They are simply our helpers because left alone the primates if they werent made extinct would have eventually evolved into their creators .

All life in the universe evolves into images of and then god eventually,this is what life really is ,we are or life is like seeds of god that enable all life to continue.There is no requirement for the physical representation part of "image of god"to mean being humanoid,"image of god"could with equal aclarity refer to the spirit or soul or sentience that we know resides within the physical body,hence a Dolphin could very well be sentient if gods genetic recipie says so.A soul or sentience protector or armor.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by dviper785

Originally posted by nowshining
ADHD = ADH = ADD = AD == If you don't get the attention you want - you have ADD, and if you act up, jump up, and down you got ADHD. It sounds awfully similiar to THE spoiled BRAT sydnome which is easily cured...

I do not wish to sound like a broken record...

But,

AGAIN,

I challenge anyone to try and debunk Adult ADHD, (as diagnosed by the DSM-IV-TR).

We've had the fair share of amateur psychologists tackling the child ADHD issue in this thread already so I'm sorry nowshining, but your theory is getting a bit recycled by now.

my only comment on adult adhd is that many adults that I have observed behave as if they were children:
1. Impolite. If you want respect then give respect. Dont interrupt someone while they are talking. Say a greeting when encountering another..dont just ask where are the bathrooms. Don't pick your nose in public. Dont fart and laugh in the grocery store.
2. Self-centered- young children believe the world revolves around them. Tell my you dont know adults with the same attitude.
3. Inconsiderate. Actions have results whether or not intended. An adult should know this and not just behave without regard.

If adhd is a disease then it would have been rooted out of life in the development of the species. Survival of the fittest is the law of nature and someone that doesn't obey this law is doomed.
IMHO doctors just labled daydreaming as a disease. Each human on the planet should be given prozac in that case.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by awakentired

Awesome! page 18 and we get our first stab at it

Good points awakentired, but I think they contradict your claim my friend!

Impolite - self-centered - inconsiderate - when I think of these things in the context of survival of the fittest I see a reduction in pro-social behavior and less barriers to sacrifice the less fortunate.

Popquiz: You're a caveman - you're impolite, self-centered, inconsiderate, and a lion has entered your cave. You and a buddy are sitting there as the lion smacks his lips ready for lunch. Do you try to fight off the lion and save your friend, or do you sucker punch him and throw him to the lion to chow on while you make your escape?

Popquiz 2: You're a caveman - you're polite, not at all self-centered, and very considerate, and a lion has entered your cave. You and a buddy are sitting there as the lion smacks his lips ready for lunch. Do you fight so your buddy can escape, or throw him under the bus?

Survival of the fittest?

I think I know which of ADHD or non-ADHD wins in that category!

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dviper785

You have your friend distract the lion's (chronologically correct along the feline evolutionary line?) initial charge while you out flank it and bash it on the head. An easy meal for all and a good story to hand down to the generations of both bloodlines. It isn't written in stone that someone has to lose for everyone else to win.

That said, there used to be other human like species in the caveman era, and our homo sapien ancestor's greed led to our survival. The fact of the matter is, any person that is alive today is so because some where down the line their ancestors cheated, stole from, or killed off another species.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by Eitimzevinten]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Eitimzevinten

I wasn't precise in my post. I'll tighten the knot now. "Survival of the fittest" as I see it in its purest sense isn't about man's ability. Those abilities may include outsmarting, conning, or brute forcing their way to the goal. I suggest it is their natural immunity to disease/disorder and coping with radical change that defines survival of the fittest.
I am born from Cherokee parents. The Cherokee nation that survives today has survived starvation, biological warfare and the thousand mile forced march "trail of tears". The weak died.
I confess i rarely get sick. I as a child with my cousin played in poison oak. He was covered with blotches. I had no effects.
My point is that "natural selection" = "survival of the fittest" and these I will say are laws of the universe. When we break these laws there comes a penalty...can you say chaos and disorder! Such as we are experiencing now?
No matter what the situation if you treat others as you feel that you should be treated then you are an adult. Worst case may be that you level your weapons and talk at gunpoint. I would expect that actoin upon myself in some situations.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Outsmarting,conning and brute force ARE NOT ATTRIBUTES OF SURVIVORS THEY ARE ATTRIBUTES OF THIEVES AND RENEGADES WHO HAVENT CHOSEN TO SURVIVE THEY HAVE CHOSEN TO THRIVE ON OTHERS WORK AND EFFORTS.

Survivors dont outsmart people they outsmart their environment to survive.Survivors dont con other people useing manipulation and deciet,they co-operate together using truth and common need to create a cumulative reality and outsmart nature.Survivors dont use brute force thats why they "survive"the people using brute force were the ones that allowed the opportunity for or caused the necessity for survival in the first place,and the mere idea of survival does not incorporate brute force.

I do also believe in survival of the fittest and all of the attributes I described are part of our intellectual make-up.But the issue of good and evil,right and wrong,these things apply to everyone no matter what their intellectual make-up happens to be.So adhd-ers still need to make a moral choice even if they have the needed attributes to carry humanity forwaed.

Think humanitarian and throw out any word or idea that isnt peaceful and progressive in nature ,then simply be a parent of humanity and love everyone then the decisions you make for your "family"will always be the "right ones".

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by awakentired

Survival of the fittest doesn't have a place in industrialized countries. People can be born with an array of diseases and defects yet medicine can keep them alive long enough to spread these traits. And natural strength against nature means nothing when somebody puts a bullet into your brain. Nature isn't the only obstacle to human life anymore. Steroids and plastic surgery can give one the illusion of favorable genes.

The battle against nature is over, the battle against man's own superiority is well under way. This isn't a physical battle, its a mental one. We need leaders that will slow things down. Just because everyone is capable of having 4 or more children doesn't mean they should. Just because we can make technology that replaces natural processes doesn't mean we should.

The need of the future isn't physical traits (science can fix that), its mental problem solving. More and more people are being born everyday and the world hasn't yet solved the problems of before their parents were born.

How am I supposed to provide for people of my grandparents generation (medical and retirement) and fix the problems of my own generation (generation "dude, where's all the money?") while my parents generation (generation "wow a credit card = free money") is complaining about how everybody is stealing from the next generation (generation "why is it so cold and why is everything so expensive")? Why didn't anybody fix any of this during their time? And don't tell me the 60's tried, they just did a bunch of drugs and now want to know what their previously protested government has done with their checks (way to stand strong
).

The situation has reached critical mass. The solutions cannot be held off for another generation. The social problems facing the world get fixed in our time, or they become a runaway train (if they haven't already).

1 billion people will go hungry this year. They don't have to, but they will. Countries are still arguing over trivial issues. Any system of government can work if you have good people in charge of it (yes that includes a dictatorship). If a system isn't working, you don't have the right people in charge.

Greed and corruption start every single problem in the world. Today's leaders are greedy because the leaders of their time were. The leaders of tomorrow are likely to be greedy because they see it go unpunished today. It doesn't have to be this hard, it can be very easy if people can look beyond themselves and cooperate with other people before you throw other people under the bus for an imaginary planetary "crisis".

Hopefully some kind of critical problem solving change in the genome is occuring so things can finally be set right. I know every generation has its claim to armageddon just around the corner but never have so many people been affected by so many problems in the world's history. More people will suffer in poverty this year than there was people for a large amount of human history.

I understand we've went away from the way of nature, but thats the world we were given.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by Eitimzevinten]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by one4all
The government has spent billions of dollars and countless manhours in search of the agenda behind the implants people have been given and their purpose and origin of the materials they are made of.

The effects as far as I can see duplicate ADHD,which in itself I believe is an "older"natural evolutionary change.

Pets run away from home prior to earthquakes as evidenced by the increases in classified adds which seek out lost pets.This has been studied and verified.

I believe that this precognition is also a human trait,I believe that we "know"when things are going to happen somehow on some level and we iniate actual physical changes in ourselves based on a combonation of physical and phsyiological reactions to the input our bodies and minds recieve,this happens on a basic level we are not even aware of yet.

Women who live together begin to syncronise their menstrual cycles,this type of reaction is what I am talking about just on a massive scale.

There is an immense amount of power locked up within every human and we are not even aware it is present.We think that telepaths and people with cognitive intuition are considered to be anomalies,WHAT IF THEY ARE NOT ANOMALIES WHAT IF THEY ARE UNTOUCHED OR UNINFLUENCED AND ARE REALLY WHAT WE SHOULD ALL BE LIKE?

What if they are by virtue of their "talents"immune to the manipulation that has imprisoned us all and we need to duplicate their abilities or wake our own abilities up.

If you cant out-think me you cant manipulate me and you deem me to be a malcontent ,you may be able to repeat this process 144000 times and get away with it but you cannot subjugate millions of childen who are also immune.

This is like a cure for a virus,simply accumulating enough knowledge in real time to develope the ability to handle multiple perspectives or realities and thereby ERASE THE POWERS THAT BE FROM OUR CUMULATIVE REALITY AS A SPECIES.

Once a certain numerical plateau is reached our entire earthly reality will change instantly,like majic.A lot of powerful people know this and believe me they are all running for cover right now and attempting to distance themselves from the institutions they once represented.

The cat is out of the bag and millions and millions of people know it now.

The original purpose of and need for the 144000 may have changed since we first heard of the number.

The agenda probably remains the same but I somehow have a feeling that the governments of the world are involved in this in that I believe they are attempting to create "their own 144 million",certain facets of humanity have always taken the iniative when presented with new realities or perspectives.

We copy everything why not the 144000,especially if we have hidden knowledge as to what their purpose may be.

ever since i was a child i have always had dreams of 4-6 months in the future, Intuition(sp?) about what would be contained in things, ability to see an object from all angles from within my mind and other odd things. I believe in luck and thats about it.

I have never understood the world neither do i now.
Why do i charge someone for me helping them?
Why do i need money?
Why is it that i cannot hug someone in public without getting odd looks?
What is wrong with different?
Why can't i go outside and learn about how trees grow or how birds nest.

As far as i have seen Money is the whip of modern slavery.

You can never get enough money to redeem yourself and you can never have too little other wise you will be kicked to the curb. Its a ponzy? ponsy? potsy? scheme en masse.

[edit on 12-6-2009 by Khounur]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The genetics that continue to weaken us and force us to care for mediclly and mentally challenged people en-masse will disappear when the money sytsem disappears.

Its about mate selection,four-eyes has a talent for sitting on his very thin arse looking at a computer screen and this makes him economicly attractive to the hottest ,most viable,prime females around.So he buys her with his money and has two point three kids who carry his physically weak intellectually strong genetics forward.It is easy to see how it works but what isnt easy to accept is the fact that YOU CAN TEACH A STRONG HEALTHY MAN TO RUN A COMPUTER BUT YOU CANT TEACH A SKINNY SICKLY GENETICLY CHALLENGED MAN TO BECOME HEALTHY AND STRONG.

I know how it sounds but it is still reality.

We need to begin to look at very healthy humans in a genetic sense as resources and assets.I am not sugessting we ever "control"who has children,I am simply saying that we need to begin to view these healthy genetics as being more valuable than unhealthy genetics.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
The topic is lipstick on a pig, considering ADHD is a fictitious disease invented by drug companies. It catalogs any number of different normal conditions, while a criminal enterprise labels our kids for life. No reference to hip, in crowd Aquarian new age rhetoric is going to change anything. And for kids who say they are "helped," consider longer recess periods and Physical Education as a control group.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Seconded here,this is a natural progression and for those people who are willing to work with their medical professionals towards non-medicated treatments which include environmental flexibility and alternative teaching like home schooling,combined with a full and consistant physical regime,there are alternatives to medicine.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkipShipman
The topic is lipstick on a pig, considering ADHD is a fictitious disease invented by drug companies. It catalogs any number of different normal conditions, while a criminal enterprise labels our kids for life. No reference to hip, in crowd Aquarian new age rhetoric is going to change anything. And for kids who say they are "helped," consider longer recess periods and Physical Education as a control group.

Is this a copy-and-paste of one of the above "arguments" found on all 18 pages?

1) Please READ the thread before posting.

2) Please come up with an argument that refutes the medical evidence that I posted earlier.

3) If you think your claim is true - PLEASE - show us some proof. We've already heavily debated Autism and other common disorders.

4) Please stop continuing to make baseless, illogical, totally unrelated arguments that we've seen 100 times already in this thread.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I don't know if ADD or ADHD are really diseases, but a lot of people i know have these symptoms. The medications mentioned are all some form of amphetamine (although legal forms). For ADD/ADHD "patients" the effects are usually the opposite of "speedy", more calming like, improving focus and motorics.

For anyone suffering from bad concentration, social anxiety etc. these meds can really help. They can really improve the life quality, but I guess the side effect are unavoidable.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
for your information i am add/adhd

i think you are right for part of it...

but my opinion is that meaby in the future it will be a good thing to have but not right now... in a way it sucks because people dont understand...we still in a non add/adhd world...so we are only some brainy weirdo that cant focus and cant learn anything in a non add/adhd environement because the ways of learning are way to different than how an add/adhd personne need to learn...

my self im a computer network specialist now... ive been working for company like compaq and bell canada i was even teaching at a colegial degre...but i never manage to graduate from any school i even drop high school and lied to get in colege and wast money...

what i mean is that i never manage to learn anything the non add/adhd way

but on my own i manage to learn anough to make a career that make people jalous...

i always ad problem to focus in class but my way im kicking ass

[edit on 12-6-2009 by hornyana_jones]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SkipShipman

add/adhd is not a disease it's a condition and i think the tread is right...and my personal opinion drup wont help in anything...you have to adapte to it...and learn to use it at your advantage

add/hdhd is a condition like people that have an athletic condition

ps:add/adhd is not a disease stupidity is and there is pills for it...lol

[edit on 13-6-2009 by hornyana_jones]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by cehas_ultra171
I don't know if ADD or ADHD are really diseases, but a lot of people i know have these symptoms. The medications mentioned are all some form of amphetamine (although legal forms). For ADD/ADHD "patients" the effects are usually the opposite of "speedy", more calming like, improving focus and motorics.

For anyone suffering from bad concentration, social anxiety etc. these meds can really help. They can really improve the life quality, but I guess the side effect are unavoidable.

From all the medical studies I've read concerning ADHD, the reason taking "speed" slows down people with ADHD, is because the ADHD brain consumes (metabolizes) much more neurotransmitters much faster than the average brain, therefore these precious neurotransmitters are only appropriated to what the ADHD mind thinks is most important. I myself, am ALWAYS obsessed with something at a given time, this is where my neurotransmitters are going - and every other person with ADHD I have met is obsessed with something at a given time as well. This is why everyone thinks we don't pay attention....the truth is we have more interesting things we are thinking about. When I take Adderall, a d-amphetamine, it inhibits the uptake of these neurotransmitters (eg: dopamine) which increases the concentration of the ADHD brain as the neurotransmitters arn't decreasing at the rate they usually are.

From personal experience, I can tell you this effect does not inhibit the mental processing power that ADHD has blessed me with, and it DOES increase concentration, (to prove the top part of my post though, even before I was diagnosed I could sit at the computer for 10 hours straight fixing software glitches just as I can with medication - all depends if we are interested in the topic or not) so therefore I think that the neurotransmitter aspect only affects the concentration/distractability of the ADHD brain. I need to do more researching but I think the processing power may be related to the increased metabolism of glucose in the ADHD brain...

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by contemplator

I'm ADHD and intollerant to additives in food.

I think they're partly to blame for making it a more widespread issue.

My doctor in London seems to think that it has been around since hunter gatherer times, which I think makes sense.

The bit i'm having trouble getting others to understand or seriously take on board is--

ADHD is a chemical imbalance in the brain.

Now, if we gave somebody '___' or coke, crack or something, there all chemicals that have a pretty instantanious effect on the brain.

So the additives(man made chemicals) in food stuffs, what sort of effect could they have over generations of abuse??

A little while ago I read in the paper that sunset yellow was directly linked to causing ADHD.

A while later I was given some yellowy concerta medication that really was not as good as the pure white tablets,
what was the colouring to make them that dodgy yellow colour.. Sunset yellow.. It's a messed up world we live in!!

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by WHOS READY

I would argue against the food additive theory because half my family definitely has ADHD, and half does not - and we've all been eating the same food out of the same house for almost our whole lives.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join