It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those With ADHD Are the new race "Aquarian Children"?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by king Pop!p

pffft dude...

this is just the ADD talking

I mean some people have trouble understanding rocket science but it makes so much sense when you have ADHD

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by dviper785

Your so right. You have me laughing crying over here.lol I didn't expect that reply. That "pfft" was so funny.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by awakentired
Oh come on. I thought this site was about exposing thruth. ADHD AND ADD is nothing but myth supported by doctors and the legal drug cartel expanding profits. Plain and SImple!

ADD etc is a disease easily rectified by putting your boot up your kid's ass and teaching him that it is better to pay attention to what is happening around you than to leave your brains in space.

Again,

I challenge anyone to try and debunk adult ADHD.

A child could debunk ADHD in children.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Duuuude, I had chills going up my spine then!!!!

My thoughts exactly, for a couple of years now i've been thinking along those lines and feeling as though i'm the only one like this.

I'm 28, living in England. I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was bout 15 after moving to a new area with more open minded doctors. Also all my life i've been allergies to food colouring, flavourings, preservative etc..

How much of a wind up do you think that could be??! As well as being a fussy eater.lol.

In the early 90's the rave scene kicked off, break into a wharehouse, chuck in a boomin sound system and a couple of lasers and dance all night.

I didn't start off taking drugs because of my allergies. It wasn't untill I was 17 that I found substance abuse... And the party got started. Hammer and tongs, rock on.

This led to obvious depression, anxiety and a couple of nervous break downs etc.. But i've battled through and come out the other side stronger, wiser with so much experience!!!

My only vice now is weed(i've actually knocked it on the head as of today....again) and beer, its just that I dont really go out for a few, its more of a binge(hammer and tongs), i'm learning and getting out of that way of being. Ish.lol.

About five years ago I tried setting up a business, put my heart into and got burnt. I'm still trying now. Determination! I thought I was onto a winner, I thought i'd found something I could put my energy into..

All i've found on my messed up journey is all this shizzle about the Sumerians, nibiru and 2012. When #e happened with my business and I got over the depression, I always (thought I had) found another angle and that things happened for a reason.

Its a shame that it hasn't worked out so far as I really need to get out of this #e hole country and go travelling. Particulally now that i've found out about all the alien bizness on earth many moons ago. Its all about putting my energy into something.

Basically, I agree with you and it's good (ducking amazin) to hear it come from somebody else. I really wanted to reply with something that reflected this and tel you a little bit about me.

But, sooo much going around my head that I want to get down but not get carried away and waffle. I think your one of the best people to understand what i'm trying to get out.. ish.lol

I'll wait for a response and hopefully reply with something a bit more coherent.lol.

Peace out

Rob

PS, I know what your saying about society and being 'bored' with it, how you see things differently etc..

The thing that got me is how people are wrapped up in there little world, how people hide behind insecurities and jealousies, but then isn't it just a part of being a product of the NWO.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by WHOS READY

Shoe!! I'm allergic to peanuts and chocolate (even though everyone says you can't be allergic to chocolate) but I get hives all over my face, an asthma. As a teen I lived in House parties, and at home music was always blasted and I like big bass and hardcore music. I did E's but stop after knowing what it contains (mixed of all drugs here in NY)

I have so much life experience that threw all the stuff Iv'e been through, I sometimes finding my self thinking that I'm the wisest person I ever known, but sometimes don't apply wisdom to my life.lol... I can give anyone the best advice ever! But for me I straw away from it for some reason. (Maybe looking for more experience)

About your entrepreneur dreams? Don't give up everything does happen for a reason. Do you know how many fail business ventures I attempted??? Maybe a dozen. I tried MLM's and all!.. Now I'm my own boss doing home loans (not so good now because of the "recession") but I'm hanging in their making money off poker too.lol Don't give up you'll find your niche.

We can talk anytime brother. Lets see what else we could come up with.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
May I ask on what basis do you all believe that this "cosmic energy" is more detectable by people with ADHD?

Please enlighten me

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toughiv

Im sorry i dont agree with the premise that there is a cosmic energy. That there can be no space between atoms? Why not? If you have (atom) ___ (atom) why cant that area just be an area void of matter? There is a cosmic energy as such, left over from the Big Bang, a radiation in all directions. Is that what you are referring to?

When and why does this fluid change? surely it is subject to the interaction of atoms? What benefit does being able to sense the change of this "energy" give?

None?

Cheers

Brad

I also have another explanation for this that is totally different from what I was arguing, hah.

Recently I've been reading some fiction and recently read the novel "Power" which is a story about the endangered species laws (killing a panther specifically) and their conflicts with Native American tribal treaties.

The novel was written by someone who is native American and the Native American culture I learned from that was amazingly similar to my concept as cosmic energy as being a universal "fluid" or "spider web."

The novel referred to "Oni" as the wind, an almost living entity that carried messages across the spiritual and physical planes, enabled animals and people to speak to each other, etc...

Outside Source: www.whats-your-sign.com...

My studies and observations indicate the first peoples of North America considered the wind to be a living force in and of itself . The wind is a god - a power that is capable of communicating a larger-than-life language to those who would hear it. Those who were certifiably authorized to interpret these cosmic messages were shamans, medicine men, and the wise and spiritual leaders among tribes.

My guess is there was a few shaman, medicine men, and wise and spiritual leaders among tribes with some wicked ADHD back in the day.

I know this calls into question the time line for the "turn of the Aquarious age," but I actually think that helps because it strengthens the theory that ADHD is an evolutionary advancement. Fruit flies have shown evolutionary change in experiments where they were put through 50 generations, Columbus found the natives about 20 generations ago for humans (apx: 25 years each), so I'd say that puts the natives on the map for an evolutionary advancement

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

May I ask on what basis do you all believe that this "cosmic energy" is more detectable by people with ADHD?

Please enlighten me

I think the post I just put up above this sheds some light on this.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

No it doesnt. You go from reading a book about native indians and their shamans to THEY MUST HAVE HAD ADHD!!! DING!!!

Where is the link...you have no premise to your argument.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Toughiv

The link very subtle - I stated that a evolutionary trait is shown to develop in fruit fly experiments in approx 50 generations. There has only been about 20ish generations in humans since Columbus found them, sooo simple math says that for all intents and purposes, if ADHD translates to all humans, we probably won't see that for another 30 generations (probably less). Only a small percentage of people hold the trait now.

EDIT: so basically the shamans were shamans b/c they had ADHD, so they were the weirdos that started saying the wind was talking to them

[edit on 6/4/2009 by dviper785]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Hold on, what trait ADHD? If that is the case, you still havent shown me how this ADHD is linked to feeling this "cosmic energy".

How do you know these shamans had adhd? how do ytou know it wasnt perception based? I.e. they THOUGHT they could hear things in the wind?

Third edit lucky haha, "EDIT: so basically the shamans were shamans b/c they had ADHD" Where did you get that from :S

[edit on 4-6-2009 by Toughiv]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Toughiv

it's all circumstantial evidence, like when I say it, I say "I can feel the cosmic energy"

when a native shaman says it, he says "the wind told me you were in trouble"

so same book, different stories.

pointing back to the same cause.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Third edit lucky haha, "EDIT: so basically the shamans were shamans b/c they had ADHD" Where did you get that from :S

thats just my opinion hah.

hell if I was a native with ADHD I would want to be a shaman.

let the dumb jock hunters get the food.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
please do not say this is a lie because it isn't. I'm 16 and my parents had me go to UC Davis to get a test and pssibly treatment for my ADHD. I scored 123/130 on the IQ test and had 89%accuracy on a reflex test. There were more test and an MRI. The MRI showed moderate brain activity on what gave a person without ADHD high activity. I look forward to further development on this.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by awakentired
Oh come on. I thought this site was about exposing thruth. ADHD AND ADD is nothing but myth supported by doctors and the legal drug cartel expanding profits. Plain and SImple!

ADD etc is a disease easily rectified by putting your boot up your kid's ass and teaching him that it is better to pay attention to what is happening around you than to leave your brains in space.

Wow, now that IS ignorance, in a nutshell. I'm not attacking you, but seriously, what basis do you have to substantiate that claim? Do you have any personal experience with this 'disease'? That first statement, involved the tone of this website, two differing conditions (ADHD and ADD), a legal drug cartel and profiteering off of false medical diagnosis. I seriously need too see some more information connecting the dots here, because those were some big leaps considering you mentioned absolutely nothing in regards to either of your claims, besides the claim itself.....

HMM ok. If your second claim is true then: A. My kids need to focus solely on what's happening around them, and what other people are doing, and what seems to be the norm. B. My kids should not dream, or use their imagination, because it's not as important as focusing on what other's have accomplished with their imaginations.

Yes, good to pay attention. But Dreams are too. Both are necessary. And prove to me that adult ADHD is not a real concept. If you can, I would let you come and put your boot up MY ass, in order to get my head out of the clouds haha....

As far as absorbing the energy around us?....

Well IMO, I don't think it's about that. I think it's more about your sense of awareness, and your mind better able to 'feel' (because you pick up on and notice the signals, as well as being a more sensitive being in regards to emotions) what others are feeling. I believe that some people with ADHD may just pick up on all aspects of their environment more easily, even if we don't notice (meaning our thoughts are focused elsewhere.) So when we realize (actually think about it) the emotions of our surroundings (energy), to us, it's as if we some how remarkably are able to 'sense' something special (due to the fact that most of our attention is aimed in one direction, at one time). Being more empathetic in nature, we ourselves assume the emotions felt by those around us. To me, it's just a matter of perception.

But perhaps that made absolutely no sense at all. If it didn't, well, I already said I suck at explaining things. I might have even just said exactly what you did, and I didn't realize it. O well, I tried.....

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I'm add/adhd sometimes i love it, sometimes i hate it.love the crazy dreams, love the way i can map out info in my mind.think on 10 things at once and get/make stuff out of it.hate the hour or 2 it takes to fall asleep.hate the way spelling never looks right. hate the way people never seem to fully understand how or why i think so much. I hope more people post, it was nice to read about other peoples good/bad times with gift/curse.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I have to agree that we are almost regressing in our abilities to a hunter gatherer mindstate,I think we reached critical mass in population and we instinctively know it and are preparing for a population crash,children are also maturing physically much much younger and combined with their incredible learning ability they would be able to survive and produce an early "emergency generation"if need be.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
ADHD = ADH = ADD = AD == If you don't get the attention you want - you have ADD, and if you act up, jump up, and down you got ADHD. It sounds awfully similiar to THE spoiled BRAT sydnome which is easily cured...

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by nowshining
ADHD = ADH = ADD = AD == If you don't get the attention you want - you have ADD, and if you act up, jump up, and down you got ADHD. It sounds awfully similiar to THE spoiled BRAT sydnome which is easily cured...

I do not wish to sound like a broken record...

But,

AGAIN,

I challenge anyone to try and debunk Adult ADHD, (as diagnosed by the DSM-IV-TR).

We've had the fair share of amateur psychologists tackling the child ADHD issue in this thread already so I'm sorry nowshining, but your theory is getting a bit recycled by now.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join