It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those With ADHD Are the new race "Aquarian Children"?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

I'll PM you the designs. I pass them around. Just not that caring. I just pass them around hoping someone will try to us it one day.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
oh, how unfortunate. the OP actually proposed something interesting and it was taken over and ruined by people telling their life stories.

c'mon people. do you really think we are that interested in YOU?

hopefully someone can start discussing the topic.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

I think i derailed the topic little bit, sorry about that. It's just that it feels good there are other people with the same problems.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

Are you surprised that a topic about ADHD went off topic?

Various ideas were thrown in among the life stories. Some attributed it as a dietary phenomenon that could be fixed by eating better. Others acknowledged that it could very well be the brain becoming more active for the sake of absorbing the rapid flow of information that is the future. And yet others still support the idea that its the ancient mindset of the hunter gatherers manifesting itself in a modern methodical society. Then of course you have the detractors that say its an excuse for failure.

I believe everyone contributed a good bit. People putting their experience with said condition could only aid later speculation on just what exactly it is. I believe answering the thread in a manner along the lines of if its not evolution it is this, is very on topic. Gathering all the people with the same issue/trait is a great way to forward the conversation.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Eitimzevinten

LOL

Im def one of those people

I think I posted 3 pages worth of my information and what kind of music I like

hahahahaha

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Maybe i have it, they always told me i did but i always told them the reason i was bad at school was because i didn't care, they said 'you should care!' i said why they said " ........"

I do think my brain is laid out differently to most people, however this is very clearly NOT due to evolution (most obviously because survival of the fittest hasn't killed the 'week' people yet) but rather due to how i as a thinking being structured my brain as i made it. Free from the fear and lowly guilt bestowed so often by a religious upbringing or 'square' parents i was able to think rationally and clearly, learning how to think for myself and investigate new things.

However although i consider the main brunt of my 'difference' to be self imposed i can quiet easily see a way in which people could be 'biologically predisposed' to certain personality traits - the pack mentality of any social group relies on a few simple things for the pack to remain viable, that some are willing to lead and others willing to follow. Two systems exist in the biological being which allow it to correctly perform either of these tasks depending on the social situation so we could without too much fuss surely accept that within something as complex as the biological human system a few possible modes of behavior are supported, maybe to evolve into a strong society we needed both those who were willing to concentrate on the packs traditional activities (hunting, etc) and those who got easily board or agitated doing the 'dull' work and wanted to instead investigate new places, new foods, new attack methods, etc, etc.

Certainly the only thing new about ADHD, ADD, etc, etc is the name - people with personality traits which match the DSM's criteria exist throughout history, often being very sucsessful or historic. If you were to ask me as a conspiracy theorist tin hatter then i would say the only reason they call things like dyslexia a problem is because they want to normalize everyone and turn us into slave robots for the farm. A more rational side would however have to interject that in fact it's probably because everyone is so blind and stupid that no one even stops to think what they're doing before rushing off to get a grant for it, to make something to sell to deal with it or a law to ban it.

haha of course i always like to tell myself that i was just too darn smart for the nonsense they used to try and make me do at school like a whole hour of nothing but adding numbers together - like i got it on example 1 thx! or the classic hour copying something totally asinine from a blackboard for absolutely no discernable reason. haha who knows though what it's all about, I'm one of the only people i know who can actually remember what i was taught in school (and i mean actually remember how the teacher phrased the questions, etc) and i was one of the only people who never used to write anything down!

tl;dr - haha of course it was you short attention spanned fools! Add + dyslexia aren't anything more than we make them in our own heads - 'they' probably came up with the idea to keep you down.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp
oh, how unfortunate. the OP actually proposed something interesting and it was taken over and ruined by people telling their life stories.

c'mon people. do you really think we are that interested in YOU?

hopefully someone can start discussing the topic.

Just curious - - have you experienced ADHD yourself or with someone close?

I'm pretty sure us who have or deal in life with ADHD - - are fully aware of the: Indigos/Crystals/Rainbows.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
adhd is mercury poisoning from vaccination, amish people dont get vaccines and dont get adhd, ms, alergies, mental things,autism

vaccinations = sickness or death

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Slapstick

You cannot teach some one with ADD to concentrate.
You have a better chance of making some one breath with no lungs.

My least fave thing on ATS is that so many people seem to think just providing a wild claim without backing it up is worthwhile in anyway.

As someone who has taken a great interest my entire life in psychology and the biological brain i simply can't believe what you say for a second. The brain is a complex system which make itself, yes we even make and control the subliminal tracts of our processing power and lay them out. It's not an easy thing to do but someone who bites their nails can stop, i know heroin addicts who have just stopped one day and 'square' business types who have suddenly started to listen to hendrix and read Hiuxley opening their whole world and mind up. I would argue that it's very medicalisation of these conditions, same with depression, etc which makes them so hard for some people to come to terms with - you're told that's it you're like this and for some reason people buy it at whenever they're starting to think another way this voice reminds them 'but you're ADD' or 'your Depressed' and thus the task seems impossible, the brain very wisely finds other alternatives to impossible tasks and so people never really try and 'break free'

Yes many of these conditions are due to abnormal brain function, endocronoligical errors, etc but also many of these very system are themselves controlled by the bit of the brain WE are in control of - the brain has systems which react in a biological way to certain outside factors which we must first understand with out brain. The easiest example is sexual, simply by thinking about something it can totally alter the biology of the body - phobias, etc are another classic example The body of someone who is intune with their body will shut down when no food is around and stop being 'hungry' then when the chance of food is available it will 'wake up' and start to send hunger pangs, etc to 'convince' the 'brain / user' to take the correct action to get some food. The longer people go without food the more likely they are to resort to violence or dangerous activity to get food,here we se a simple feedback loop between the brain and belly in which short term personality is decided.

As morrasey sung, does the body control the mind, or the mind control the body? i don't know.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by k3456789
adhd is mercury poisoning from vaccination, amish people dont get vaccines and dont get adhd, ms, alergies, mental things,autism

vaccinations = sickness or death

I hate when other people do this - but LINKS - PROOF

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I forgot what I was going to say.

Something about Aquarian with dislexian tendancies, but I kept going back to the OP to remember about how to spell the Aquarian thing.........

NEVERmind.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I believe ADHD is a result of the growing obesity and is a natural counter to it by causing the metabolism to function quicker thus causing more energy for the youth to work of their pounds and that is why they seem like out of control people.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by OKCBtard]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
So someone thinks we need to be on topic. OK - how about this?

"The Rainbow Children"

There s a new generation of psychic and sensitive children who are just beginning to come to earth. They re called, The Rainbow Children.

The Rainbow generation is here to bring us, rainbow healing energy, as this article explains. It begins with light. Sunlight is an important catalyst for production of the brain chemical, serotonin. Serotonin is a chemical involved in the brain s electrical transmissions that regulates mood, appetite, and energy levels.

Every night as we sleep, our brains create a supply of serotonin to use for the following day, since the chemical can t be stored. If we make enough serotonin during the night, we awaken refreshed and energized. But with too little serotonin, we feel hung-over and irritable. Low serotonin levels are also correlated with premenstrual syndrome, bed-wetting, mood swings, carbohydrate cravings, and depression.

Staying indoors too much, not exercising, and drinking alcohol or other sedatives at night can all interfere with serotonin production. With an unhealthful lifestyle, we wake up listless and often turn to caffeine and sugar to get going in the morning. Then, after using artificial stimulants all day for energy, we may use drugs or alcohol to fall asleep at night. This vicious cycle of chemical dependency is all-too-common.

Many people don t realize that the cycle can trigger depression and anxiety. So, they take psychoactive drugs which treat depression and anxiety by increasing serotonin levels. Millions of adults and children take drugs like Ritalyn and Prozac, when they could use natural means to achieve even better results without side-effects.

Getting enough sunlight and exercise is one way to insure that your brain creates sufficient serotonin. That s because sunlight converts from melatonin in the skin, into serotonin in the brain.

www.fieldwerks.com...

[edit on 1-6-2009 by Annee]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by OKCBtard

I was fat as a kid.. infact I used to weigh 230 lbs..

that is me in the picture there.. 160 lbs lol (yeah a lot of hard work)

hard to say that.. but i agree most add/adhd kids are skinny..

i might have broken the mold on that one..

i do have a slight thyroid problem though, so that could be a cause of that as well

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

lol

sometimes I wish I didnt do all those things..

but honestly.. then I come to think that it made me a lot smarter..

I know most wouldnt think that.. but, its hard to explain..

Opens you up to feelings/empathy for things, as well as a better understanding.. of what.. im actually not sure
.. but I can say I have a better understanding. and yes I use to abuse what I have been talking about- 2x a week for 2-3 years (yeah, i know a lot)

And I am guessing this is because at the root, it is the same medicine I am prescribed now..

Does anyone think that is a coincidence?

Good article though

[edit on 1-6-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by k3456789

The amish also don't use electricity. Electromagnetic radiation = death.

Without taking this too off topic, not everything provided for you is made to kill you off. I had those vaccines, I drank the water, I ate the food, and I breathed the air and I was still better suited to certain activities than kids who also lived through the same "conspiracy poisons". I as well as many others are still very much creative and are capable of very intuitive observations. Only an idiot would adminster a brain altering poison little by little across generations because that would open the door for the body to turn its response to said poison positively. Only the same idiot would be so delusioned into thinking they could succeed in a world domination plot without accounting for human anger (which is beyond chemical supression).

Back to the topic at hand: A common theme among the concensus smartest human minds (many of which lived before suspected "elite poisoners") is some sort of "unnormal" brain activity. Bipolar, schitzophrenia, etc. So the less normal a brain is (who is to say a normal brain even exists?), the better potential it has to come up with something new and creative. Autistic people (which you claim to be afflicted by a methodically inflicted disease) show signs of amazing brain activity. Their brain responds to stimuli differently. While we have psycho-acoustics to make up the difference in sounds that are missing, they actually hear the sound piece by piece and can identify the missing pitch and every single note component of a composite note.

In simpler times, information came in at a rate that anyone could handle. Now there is the internet. Anything you could possible want to look up is at your fingertips. The need for multi-tasking is on the rise. Every subject people experience during their daily life now cannot be given the same methodical analytical attention as it could it slower times. The need to rapid fire through the meaningless information and stimuli on a daily basis so you can really focus on self-relevant material is at a high demand.

Take your home page for example, No doubt it is probably chalked full of daily "news". Not all of that news is relevant to you. So obviously a lack of attention to certain issues in required to even function in the midst of all that information. It's not like the days of the newspaper or radio when you could read front to back because that was all the information you'd be getting for the day. Now you can search for atoms, then sub-atomic particles, then diagrams, then accepted and rejected theories, and then the next thing you know, you have been exposed to the cumulative research of 50 years of human effort. In one afternoon you know more information about a single topic than anyone that has died before you knew about anythng else over the course of their lifetime. Sounds like a necessary evolution to me.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by Eitimzevinten]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
About what I mentioned earlier with ADHD and autism being very similar, and that I have heard of theories of autism possibly being an evolutionary leap in humans...

Diane Kennedy, author of the The ADHD Autism Connection, makes a strong case for the distinct similarities between the symptoms of ADHD and autism...

...She quickly found that while ADHD research focused on the features of the disorder, autism research examined the disorder for root causes so that more effective treatments could be developed. While both were developmental disorders, they both share similar features and affect children in the same three central areas: communication, social interaction and behavior, each camp approached its disorder differently. Kennedy maintains that this is where the confusion arises as the medical and educational professionals are not trained to recognize the similarities between the disorders. Researchers and clinicians look for the differences between the two.

I guess the two are closer related than I thought. But I've never researched any of that before, so I learned something new today. What do you think about autism? A curse of the blessed?

Link Here

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Eitimzevinten

Nice post

You explained yourself and many others well there.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
reply to post by OKCBtard

I was fat as a kid.. infact I used to weigh 230 lbs..

that is me in the picture there.. 160 lbs lol (yeah a lot of hard work)

Hey, I was fat as a kid, thin as a teen and a young adult, now I'm fat again, my weight has absolutely NO EFFECT on ADHD... It is the same whether I am thin or fat! And diet has no effect either! I was a vegetarian for many years and that didn't make any difference either!

I really think this is a thing of some permanent chemical imbalances of the brain, not about how much fat you carry around...

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Etsivä Romppainen

100% correct my friend..

Everyone is "built" different

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join