It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The great carbon credit con: Why are we paying the Third World to poison its environment?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

The great carbon credit con: Why are we paying the Third World to poison its environment?

www.dailymail.co.uk

Four years ago, GFL installed technology to reduce the greenhouse gases it produces and was given a vast financial reward by the UN; a UK company was also given considerable sums for investing in the project. However, far from being a flagship green factory, GFL stands accused of poisoning the local environment.

...The UN carbon off-setting scheme is filled with similar examples of companies with poor environmental and human rights records being financially rewarded.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www2.fluoridealert.org
www.sfgate.com
www.globalclimatescam.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Obama Years Ago Helped Fund Carbon Program He Is Now Pushing Through Congress
Is Al Gore The Greatest Con Man Of All Time?
"Carbon Credits Bank" as a tool for domination
Speculation regarding the green movement.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
anyone surprised??

you shouldn't be - this is typical in our modern world; caring more about money and business than our own personal welfare...

i don't know what's worse - the fluoride and chloride poisoning, or the rich bankers profiting off of their ill health...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/33a146f0c33c.jpg[/atsimg]

i don't know what else to say except this is simply disturbing, and that it seems to be today's standard for business.

does anyone know much about these UN "Green Reward Points"?

i've never heard of them, but so far they just sound like an excuse for some sort of front to act under so they can carry out business as usual at the expense of others...

on the other hand, maybe, just maybe, their intentions are good, but they're still harming the environment, people included.

somehow though, i find that hard to believe that they mean well...

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

This overlooks that fact that India, as a BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India, China) "developing" nation, refuses to abide by Kyoto or Copenhagen!

India is encouraging all developing countries to stay out and force the major industrialized nations to bear all costs of the scam.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The recent XiaXao Dam project, in which German producers obtained credit from Chinese dam builders, resulted in AN INCREASE in emissions and enriched the German power plant developers!

jw

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

India seems to be doing fairly well on a moral compass reading!

i believe they're trying to set an example so others will follow their lead...

in our country, though, it doesn't pay to care about others' well-being!

we don't want to solve problems - we just want to slightly ameliorate them so as to keep making a buck in the process...

GOD we're greedy!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
You might want to get a second opinion on the view that India seems to have any type of concern for it's citizens.

Especially, the EXTREMELY poor.

They have an abysmal record.

Lots of track record to prove it.

Carbon credits?

Need a new word... 'Scam' isn't even in the same universe as to the nature of the fraud that is being perpetuated.

Chicken Little Syndrome (CLS).

Yeah that's the ticket!

Carbon credits is the latest CLS!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by golemina

to be honest i haven't been following their humanitarian record much...

i just saw that it looked slightly like they were heading in the right direction in fighting for what's right here...

i guess, though, that anyone who's suppressed is going to fight for their right of equality no matter what!

...even if they are being fluoridated into submission!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Any thread pointing out the idiocy of "Climate Change" and carbon taxing gets a S&F from me. Pure power grabbing lunacy.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

hey thanks, and i totally and wholeheartedly agree!!

also, i noticed a mod snipped parts of the article that i had posted (and bolded) so as to save some space...

that's ok, as long as people read the article. unfortunately though, the article is pretty lengthy, and i just wanted to get the main points across, in which there were many!

as if polluting the land wasn't enough, poisoning the locals with fluoride adds the icing to this chemical cake...

i'd like to think everyone here knows my stance on fluoride by now, but as if things couldn't get any worse, they're profiting off of those that they're killing!

to be honest though, i haven't researched much on the detrimental effects of chloride as much as i have fluoride...

anyone know much about chloride poisoning?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

anyone know much about chloride poisoning?

Not good for you.

It also depends on the method of delivery.

Contrary to popular belief, you DON'T NEED salt (Sodium Chloride NaCl
). It tends to weaken the lining of the stomach, which tends to start the bandwagon rolling on the 'degenerative' diseases.

How do you know you have CHLORIDE poisoning? It's called heartburn.

Don't take those purple pills. They're BS and DON'T really address the baseline problem.

Contrary to what the commercials tell you, heartburn is NOT TOO MUCH acid... But NOT ENOUGH!

No really!

(Don't believe me, when you get heartburn, eat a teaspoon of your favorite vinegar. Tada! ALL better!
)

To fix your stomach lining, eat two sticks of celery a day. It just quietly goes away...)

Meanwhile... Chlorine as a gas, it's bad.

As an active component in household products like bleach...

etc. etc.

I'm sure you get the picture.

We are SO marketing gullible!

[edit on 3-6-2009 by golemina]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
S&F

Heh its nice Adrenochrome to see someone put what ive thought personally all along in a great way.

Carbon credits are nothing but a way of using a dirty rag to move the same patch of filth around a floor and claim its cleaner. Does nothing to help the environment other than just moving the mess somewhere else, and make a few at the top very rich.

But since its palatable to the business spectrum of humanity they lap it up, and the gullible members of the remainder go right along with it.

Gotta love it when environmental action is rewritten by those with a vested interest in the complete opposite. Heck I believe we gotta start working on our industrial emissions and environmental impact regardless of its effects on so called 'global warming' or any other environmental issue simply because its good for us as a species and all other species in the long run if we do so any way.

Unfortunately its been hijacked by the bad guys

[edit on 3-6-2009 by BigfootNZ]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by golemina

yeah, i remember Kevin Trudeau talking about the heartburn/antacid scam a long time ago, and have since been telling people exactly what you said - how heartburn isn't too much acid, but rather the lack of it instead...

reply to post by BigfootNZ

firstly, 2 wrongs don't make a right. secondly, you must work with Mother Nature, not against her, because going against her only comes back to bite you in the butt.

Karma doesn't just work with people, but instead with everything - nature included!

you can not be Karmically uninvolved! ...but then, there are those who don't live by the rules, even the ones that they create to rule over others...

top topics

join