It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: North Korean Long-Range Missile Arrives at Launch Site

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Report: North Korean Long-Range Missile Arrives at Launch Site

www.foxnews.com

SEOUL, South Korea — North Korea has moved its most advanced long-range missile to a new launch site and has banned ships from the waters off its west coast through the end of July, news reports said Monday, moves that threaten to exacerbate tensions on the peninsula.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Okay. No longer a what if or it looks like they may. According to this, NK has already moved the missile to its launch pad. Will the US or Japan blast it on its launching pad as they have threatened to do in the past, or do they let NK go ahead and launch it on top of everything else that has been done recently?

This may be the tipping point right here.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

If I were to take a guess on what's going to happen, NK will launch the missile, probably the U.S. is going to shoot it down, and NK will declare war.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Im betting this is another orchestrated event to help pull the world out of a "depression".

I wonder if they Elite ever get tired of playing games with dumb sheep... maybe we wouldn't be so dumb if they let us in on their plot

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

Hate to say it but you may be right since it has been proposed that they are testing a missile that can hit Guam which is an important post. Not that they will be stupid enough to actually hit the island but it may come close enough to push the final button for the administration. I have family there and people are getting concerned to say the least.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
The actions of North Korea will soon decide their fate. The United States, Japan and Russia are all fed up with it. If the United States/Japan or Russia decide to take action while it is on the pad, prepare for battle. I think this may be China's way to start a conflict. Maybe they feel ready enough to take on the world?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

NK launching a nuke on the US would be their WORST AND LAST mistake they ever made. Unfortunately for many others it might be their last mistake too. Nuclear war......

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Here's a question;
does anyone think if an ICBM nuke is launched, a UFO will take it down? They have shown in the past here and here that they have done so before..

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Just thinking that same thought. Even though it's pretty unsubstantiated I'm guessing they wouldn't let us blow our whole planet to hell and back.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Wow. I have never seen those interviews before. Jar droppage going on here. That footage of the UFO striking the ICBM with that weapon was phenomenal. Wonder what it was?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I got two things to say:

1) I can't believe that UFO footage was on a major news program like Larry King and I never heard of it or saw if before. That was really cool.

2) Obama will do absolutely nothing about North Korea in the short term. They will keep doing this provocative stuff and get no response from our spineless president. It will only get a response when the tensions spill over and either South Korea or Japan make a move that all heck will break loose and Obama will be standing with his "you know what" in his hand.
This is the most incompetent administration when it comes to foreign affairs that this Country has ever had.

[edit on 31-5-2009 by finemanm]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   

I have never seen those interviews before, thanks for posting them.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
NK does not have a missile that can hit the US mainland. The Test sounds as if it will go towards the west of NK, away from Japan and U.S. I can't see the US missile defense system take it out unless it were heading eastward toward Japan or the US. To shoot down a missile test that is not heading towards you would be an unnecessary provocation IMO. Believe me, I'm no fan of NK, but they will not directly provoke a fight yet.

Now that's not to say the missile might "accidently" break up on launch, it's not something we will take credit for.

typo edit

[edit on 31-5-2009 by pavil]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by finemanm

So you are saying that Obama will take the same stance as the previous administration on North Korea? You do remember them testing a nuke in 2006 against our wishes right? What did we do about it then?

Do some research on North Korea before you start calling people out for inaction. This is not a simple issue. People need to make damn sure that North Korea is serious before any sort of military strike can happen. Millions of people will die when North Korea gets attacked. Not everyone is as hard core as you and some people are hesitant about wiping a few million people from existence.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
This is really getting serious! When will the nations being badgered by a two-bit dictator show their resolve, when millions are dead in Seoul or Tokyo and just maybe Anchorage or Seattle?

These provocative acts must be addressed with a firm hand and very soon! Kimmy is testing the resolve of the world. It's clear he doesn't want to listen to our complaints or rhetoric. He is clearly on a path to confrontation. It's no different than when Hitler invaded France or Poland during World War II, while the world sat back and did nothing. We had to endure a long grueling war for our slothfulness from that. Do we need to go through that again?

The time for small talk is over and the time for action is now. Like many of you, I know we don't need another war but when will extortion by North Korea end? One day we'll wake up and turn on the news and see Seoul in flames or Tokyo. We can't let it happen. This is a real threat to global security and prosperity. This could very well be the spark that ignites the inferno. That inferno is another World War.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I absolutely agree with you. North Korea has no oil; thus, not an interesting target for "liberation" by the Bushies. My opinion on B. Hussan Obama is that his is a dove who will never take any action against anyone.

I think he is the kind of guy who would try to talk a burglar into not stealing his things and hurting his family by trying to get in touch with their feelings. I want the guy who isn't afraid to take out the burglar.

Edit to add: the last administration was a monumental failure; however, I am all for wiping out a few million NKoreans if that means preventing them from giving away the technology to thugs and terrorist who would love to wipe out a few million of my fellow Americans.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by finemanm]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by finemanm

I agree with you on both points. I think it is refreshing, though. I actually think we *should* sit this one out. I think preemptive action would be a mistake in this case.

BTW, what are you trying to accomplish by highlighting that Obama's middle name is Hussein? Does that actually pertain to anything in reality?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

What is North Korea ?

A threat for whom ?

South Korea ? Japan ?

Looks like a prefab event, IMHO. I wouldn't trust a match made in North Korea, a missile, a nuke ????

Issues are :

Obama administration must act, mainly because if they don't, It will send a message in Isreal about Iran. Israel will act accordingly.

North Korea could sell later their gadgets to we know who ! If USA don't do nothing about NK,then they won't do any better with Iran.

Russia says they are tired, Japan and south Korea fed up.

What about China ?

They are North Korea's best friend, not because they love NK, but North Korea has no other friend.

If a war start with the US, I don't think China will go along with North Korea. Maybe a bit of material that's all, and later funding guerillas.

Sure, the Chineses won't see happily US moving and getting a grab along side the Chinese borders, but on the other hand.

There are 35 000 US troops on the border. If a war occurs, US and south Korea will invade.

Asside casualties, How many more US troops will be needed to maintain the hold in North Korea? And how much more on the China's borders ?

Can't find 30 000 more for Afghanistan.

Since China can stack one million soldiers on their side of the fence, plus the outfits. Maybe they would prefer avoid direct confrontation with Uncle Sam and see US bankrupt themself a lot more in another war.

Washington will be forced to put tens or hundreds of thousands troops there.

If it goes too harsh, they drop the Us Dollars.

Russia.

They say being fed up.

Russia will push for it all the way, and be happy, they play the friendly dude with US, and they will be left alone in Caucasus and central Asia.

Japan will be forced the rearm and go millitary more than ever, how will they finance all this, with their 1 trillion US bonds...US Dollars sinking more.

Smell like a draft coming among other things.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
It all depends on how much bilderberg money/influence is in south korea.

I know china has involvement in sk.

Russia and Japan have spoke up condemning to the highest degree, the actions in nk.

My guess? USA are not going to have to do anything. Russia is looking to flex some muscle, China also. USA is looking to save face and, for this once, NOT be the police of the world and simply let Russia, Japan & China form a coalition regarding nk, hopefully normalizing some relations with the others.

North Korea taking so long to fire a damn missile is painfully funny. I get douche chills hearing that they are transporting a long range rocket via rail. There's some long range right there... VIA RAIL?!?! Come on NK, long range is launch from anywhere without worrying about the 500 miles in savings via rail transport. Jeesh! Get some freaking technology already!

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Hmm... two days with no new N. Korea news? Maybe KJI got bored?

top topics

join