It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea may launch intercontinental missile: report

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   

North Korea may launch intercontinental missile: report

REUTERS NEWS LINK

North Korea could this month test-fire a long-range missile designed to strike U.S. territory and may also be gearing up for skirmishes with the South around their disputed sea border, South Korean news reports said on Monday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 31/5/09 by Quantum_Squirrel]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I guess its crunch time very soon ... this is a reuters report and it disturbs me the wording of the article quote.

North Korea could this month test fire a long range missle designed to strike the U.S????

So long range missiles only end up in the U.S? why don't they say a missle that has a range of blah blah .. why designed to strike the U.S?

this is ..

A. MASSIVE Fearmongering , they did this to us in the U.K .. saddam could strike us in 45 minutes .. kill them now!!!!

B. They know something we all don't ...what most people do not understand , military decisions have to have suprise.. we only hear about them after the fact .. by the time we have been told what is happening NK will be a glass parking lot ,, or the hoardes of whatever country/countries that are invading will be halfway across the place before any report is released.

So fearmongering for public support for war? or the stuffs about to hit the fan and this is a little prod to the people..

Train cars carrying a missile departed from the Pyongyang area about two weeks ago for a missile base on the North's west coast, not far from its border with China, the sources said.

i gotta feeling that this will be dealt with before any such missile reaches its destination .. it is time ladies and gentlemen i just hope that the major players are all together on this one .... or it could get real messy..

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 31/5/09 by Quantum_Squirrel]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Ummmm...unlike Iraq, its not exactly fearmongering if NK actually launches the missile for a test as they have already done. There is your proof positive. Its not "oh does NK have the capability" or anything like that. Their tests are proving that ALL by themselves. No one is making NK launch their missiles but them. THEY are the ones who state how far they can go and they are showing it. Unlike Iraq, no need to rely on "intelligence" with this...NK is showing the world right in front of their eyes what they can do.

[mod edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 31-5-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Just like a little dog running up and down the fence Barking at the bigger dogs.Sounds like N.K to me.

Just ignore them and they'll go quiet again, they've done this before.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SharkBait

Perfectly said. You and the OP have it pegged. North Korea would never, ever launch a missile at the United States. Ever.

Nobody is THAT stupid.

Therefore, there's no reason to fret over the possibility.

that's not to say that there's no reason to fret over North Korea's government. I can see a few scenarious wherein they could be the nexus of a global war.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
So who is it exactly that dropped a nuke or 2 on living people in the past?
I wonder.
Lots of innocent lives lost on that day.
Wanna bet that fight was never over and there are some that still hold a grudge?
Who in their right mind would think it could not happen again?
I wonder who is afraid now?
Hostile posturing, empty threats, all merely testing the waters.
Wanna bet who has the stones to do drop a bomb these days?
I'll give you 2 guesses, and the USA ain't one of em.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Well I see the propaganda reel is still going is it?

Reuteurs now too eh?

I love when news agencies come out and say "ohh this MAY happen" as a result to this. Now If I am not mistaken, the MSM isn't suppose to draw tarrot cards and attempt to report what they think is going on.

They should be reporting on WHAT is going on, the facts of those events.

Stupid MSM.

NK will flap their arms at the US, the US will flap their arms at NK, somebody will write a letter, that person will by Lil Kimmy a beer and we'll go right back to hating each other.

That's the way it always happens. And my god NK doesn't have a death wish to launch a long range missle towards the US. That would be just...I don't even wanna think about it.

Nobody is that stupid, attack some other country, like Turkey. NK can take it over and rename it Chicken.

~Keeper

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by reticledc

That makes very little sense. There's a big difference between the state of affairs during World War 2 and the world's situation now. That said, I'll say this once, and I challenge you not to ignore it: It's a topic for another thread. This thread is about the possibility of North Korea launching a missile at the United States.

I have seen or read nothing to indicate that they actually have this capability. In fact, their long range missiles have a pretty big history of failure, so far. However, if their goal is to develop the ability to strike the United States homeland, then I would rather the war start on their soil than ours.

And folks, you can call that heartless if you want. I call it survival. Diplomacy ceases to be viable when war becomes inevitable.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
O.K lets think about this for a second- So we dropped two Nuke's during the 2nd world war- Reason because we would have lost too many lives trying to take the island by invasion.

Now-N.K shoot a Nuke at us! Ha ha Dust Bowl! Now we got reason to be pissed and to prevent them shooting another we'll have to Bomb the Cr$P out of them.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

so NK did this .NK said this . thier gonna do this ,thier gonna do that.
what missles i didnt see any missles didnt hear em either. the prob.
is you cant believe anything of what you hear , and not even half of
what you see. sounds like wah wah wah to me.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Please keep on topic this thread is not about WW2.. or a U.S bashing thread due to past administrations foreign policy. i suppose it could turn into one about ww3 but thats for another time, after all remember its a pressing matter .. right now NK are moving a missile into place 'Designed' to strike the U.S heh according to Reuters..... they say mid june , but its the first and other threads here are reporting the missiles have already arrived..

I am open to the possibilty that kimmy is a lil old , and a little ill .. heck he might just want to go out in a blaze of glory ... however having nuclear capability both delivery system and war. give you BIG chips at the world powers table.. ..... i am open to both scenarios..

But the scariest thing in this article is A. its very main stream media , and B. the propoganda spewing from the machine .. yes we always get it in dribs and drabs .. but that propoganda is heavy ...its in your Face .. they are gonna strike America!!. kill them now...

The heaviest propoganda always comes out in wartime , so buckle up , its gonna be a bumpy ride.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
This is all starting to get annoying, and familiar.

Iran has some suicidal desire to destroy Israel, and now North Korea shares their suicidal lust for war.

It makes no sense to me, why would these leaders do these things when they know that they are only going to be further isolated, and if they make good on any of their threats will likely face annihilation.

Is Kim and Ahmadinejad' smoking the same stuff?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I love how people say just ignore them and they will go away. Right so far we have been ignoring them and in that time they have developed a nuclear weapon. Now they are working on developing a long range delivery system.

Yea, lets just ignore them that is a good idea. No, it's time to show Little Kimmy what the deal is.

NK will never go away they raise a fuss we impose more sanctions and give them more aid. They take that aid and use it to develop nuclear weapons and delivery system. Eventually they are going to have the technology to disrupt everything.

One day they aren't going to go posture and everything else, one day you are going to wake up and see on the news how some country was hit with a nuclear weapon. People say NK isn't stupid enough to do it. But I don't put anything past psychopaths.

Fear mongering? Or a for real threat? I say for real threat. Eventually the little dog stops barking and attacks.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
The question I ask is what strategical advantage would the U.S. gain out of this whole N.K. debacle? If there is none it's either the way of the world nowadays for the MSM to constantly fear monger based on what they think could happen or the U.S. need to take out this pawn and is pushing their agenda for one reason or another. . . Yet I really can't see what they would get out of this. Maybe they just want war? Maybe it's the fear of the N.K. capability to sell any nuclear arms to actual threats that has the U.S. constantly wanting to initiate a preemptive strike? That's the only thing I can figure. And if the subsequent is the case then we may be in for one hell of a false flag attack or even a small one.

[edit on 31-5-2009 by born2BWild]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

i quote from the news article

That rocket splashed down in the Pacific Ocean about 3,000 km after launch, experts said, indicating the North needed further testing to perfect its ICBM technology. The Alaskan coast is about 4,800 km from North Korea.

If you were in charge of keeping your country safe and you had another country that just detonated nuclear tests twice ... and at every turn say .. if you sanction us its a declaration of war, if you search us its a declaration of war .. if a south korean sneezes over the border in the wrong direction .. its a declaration of war ..

i agree that the person in charge would see a pre-emptive strike as a massive option. what do you want to do wait until they squeeze out the last 1800 km from the missile before you take action...

what amazes me is the brazeness Reuters is using to justify what is about to happen.. to the masses...

the most sickening thing in this whole situation is i will probably get to watch it all in glorious technicolor... remember Shock and awe on the news , it struck me as quite sick that i was watching live events of a war as lives are snuffed out in the blink of an eye .

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

how do you know any of this is even true? because reuters says so?
but please keep bangin that drum.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by born2BWild

Self preservation is a big strategic incentive imho ..

Beside NK view U.S and South Korea as one, the treaties with SK have embroiled u in this situation ..

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Who in the hell are WE to complain about North Korea anyhow. Hell, WE have nukes AND missiles that can reach them, so what's with all this hypocrisy b.s.? Sure, maybe they threaten us, but hell, we threaten other nations ourselves all the time. More power to them crazy North Koreans ... we NEED some nation with the kahunas that can stand up to us, the big evil world dominating nuke empowered nation on this planet. In fact, we need some nation to kick us in our kahunas and put us in our place and demand WE disarm! YUP!

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I don't know, they threatened to detonate a nuclear bomb, and they did.

They threatened to detonate a second nuclear bomb and... they did.

They threatened to test an ICBM and.... they did.

Then they tested some short range missiles and they didn't even announce those.

And now here is this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't know, maybe just a little bit of deep thought and a look at the history of NK and they way they have acted would be enough.

Oh yea, I almost forgot they threatened to start up their main nuclear reactor..... they did.

I'm not beating the drum, but if anybody is crazy enough to launch a nuclear weapon against another country it is NK.

I don't know, maybe I'm just beating the "drum" as you say or maybe I actually take the threats of a country that has just gone nuclear seriously. Especially when they have backed up all the threats they have made except actually invading South Korea.

A country that threatens to show a display of military force and actually makes good on those threats and only stops short of military action, the question I ask my self is when are they going to make good on the threat of military action.

Might want to think about your nonchalant attitude about this situation. If you know anything about history then you would know that we are in pre-world war conditions. That isn't beating the drums, that is simple facts.

Before both world wars look at what the economic conditions of the world were.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I say good going NK. They have every right to posses, build and test these weapons. Noone is crying wolf when US, India, Russia or any other country in the world except Iran tests new missiles and stuff. They're both being painted as the new spookyman by the media and are being bullied by the rest of the world.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join