It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Plant To Open Monday : 110mpg Engines

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteHorse

There is no denying that E85 has a higher octane rating but has 70% LESS energy per unit than gas. I know there are several other factors involved in the equation...Even when you factor in the better efficeincy of E85, I find it hard to believe. I will wait and see what happens.

I dont think this is a very viable solution for our getting away from forgien oil. We will be trading one dependency for another...CORN...yea it is used for more than just E85...ever take notice of how much your beef has went up since this whole E85 farse has started?

It just may take something like this to get the auto companies moving and make something happen. I still find it odd that he didn't go mainstream with it...If he is in it for the money he would have...If he was in it for the fame, he would have...Or even if it was to make the world a better place he would have...Then again maybe he has a dream and doesn't want to see it perverted and swallowed by some corporation...I can see both sides there but I want to see numbers and data...without the data it is just another unverifiable claim to fame

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Other Inhabitants of overcrowded Planets in our Milky Way Galaxy use Hydrogen Engines. That is what we need to move to. Hydrogen engines have just been suppressed for the past 20 years. I am sure OPEC would love to still have our future generations vehicles still running on gas than on water.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thiaoouba Prophecy
Other Inhabitants of overcrowded Planets in our Milky Way Galaxy use Hydrogen Engines. That is what we need to move to. Hydrogen engines have just been suppressed for the past 20 years. I am sure OPEC would love to still have our future generations vehicles still running on gas than on water.

Pictures or it didn't happen.

Other inhabitants of crowded planets in our universe actually travel with their minds. How's this for a totally unsubstantiated phrase designed to give people the feel good factor and read my post with more atention? See, I can play this game too... (not that they don't travel with our group mind of course, but that's another thread).

Hydrogen has not been suppressed, it just dosen't work that well. What has been suppressed is high efficiency combustion and the fact you can use normal common or garden water (which falls from the sky btw) as a fuel. Break the molecule, burn the gasses. And it's got more energy than gas.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by bismarcksea
Ohhhh man! I want one of those engine SO badly it isn't even funny!

Based on this info here this is just another of a long line of scams.

110 mpg mustang scam

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I will be happy if this turns out to really be 110mpg. when you think about it 80mpg would still be great.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Here are the following things that I can confirm.

1. I have seen his mustang driving around the Northwest Ohio area. The car does exist. However, I can not confirm the mpg or power specs as I did not inspect or test the car.

2. The "plant opening" was an open house that was conducted on Monday and was just down the street from my house. This event did occur, I personally saw it. Many, many people were in attendance from the surrounding area.

3. He is leasing a 100,000sg/ft building from Fulton Industries (the location of the open house on Monday). It is not cheap to lease such a large industrial building. He is putting his money where his mouth is.

4. He is a respected person in the area. He is a drag racer and is well known in the community. He successfully sells the VALLEY GIRDLE-PRO which strengthens the engine block on high horsepower drag racing engines. He sells these through his company web-site: "http://www.horsepowersales.net/".

5. His new company which will be producing the engines has a web-site: "http://www.hp2g.com/. On this site it lists team members which include an HR Manager, a Patent Attorney, as well as several others. This site also shows test data of the engine installed in his mustang. The most recent test seems to indicate that this included an EPA test that was passed, very interesting. I will have to see if the EPA has any information on this test.

While the claims of high mpg and great power specs seem to good to be true, I have to say that the facts that I have shown seem to indicate that this is legit. I will keep doing research and will let you know what I find.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Correction....

Based on additional research the facility he his leasing is 68,000sq/ft not 100,000sq/ft. Still a pretty expensive endeavor.

I also found out that he is planning on manufacturing 500 motors in 2009. He better get cracking, that is not much time to startup a factory.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join