New Plant To Open Monday : 110mpg Engines

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I bet this company will never make it out of the gate...And if it makes it one year they will not produce more than 100 engines before they are bought of/up by our government via...GM division. As "great" as this is I think this is this guys way of re-covering years of capitol investment that was spent developing this motor. It a very simple business practice. Have a great idea...Find private investors willing to pour in capitol for your idea to take legs with the agreement that once a tangable product is developed that eveyone will be willing to get the investors money re-covered as quick as possible. A great idea doesn't just make it to market with out being purchased by larger powers. This guy had the right plan and is now posturing to get the eyes of the big dollar dogs to see what he has and how it could effect their investments. The hawks see that he's making media news by going forth with a production plan. They will not take a chance at this guys luck and will swing in with mega bucks for him and his investors and pays these guys and we will never see or hear from them again... mark my word..

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by imeddieone4202003
When we look at the automotive industry as a whole since its inception one can notice two things:

-Engines have gotten exponentially more complicated and advanced with the integration of computer components

-These advancements have NOT translated into any sizable contributions to the efficiency of MPG

With our technological advancements the MPGs should have skyrocketed along with decreased emissions. But NO, it seems the auto industry is moving at a snails pace when it comes to going farther with less fuel. I honestly hope this engine does produce the 100+ miles per gallon, ill keep my fingers crossed.

Actually, the miles per gallon over the last several years has gone up a lot. However, due to the cafe standards and new safety standards, modern cars, even compacts, weigh more and more every year. That extra weight translates to less MPG.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by bkcrt]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by SKUNK2

IMO opinion engines have become much more efficient. The only problem is that cars keep getting heavier due to health and safety regulations, which in turn makes the engine less efficient...

I was in the automotive industry for the past decade or so, and all the "improvements" served was to run the backyard mechanic out of business under the guise of emission control. Emissions have gotten a little better of the years, but not to the tune of the drastic engine and electronic overhauls.

I give the car makers big kudos for safety, cars are immensely safer. Everything else is a shameful waste of technology and money!

I hear you brother. I worked in the automotive trades for almost 40 years, in dealerships and service garages, and for myself until the 1980s. It's true that today's engines are more efficient. Toyota and Nissan uses aircraft technology, and they are very good engines, never thought I would say that! I wish to touch on a few points here.

Cars are a lot safer now...but at what cost? I remember 20 years ago when a holiday was upcoming the Highway Safety Board would "project" highway deaths for the day, and then later would compare the two. People got killed on the highway. Population was not as problem then. I know, a little morbid, but it's true.

Now on the new automobile "technology." Do you all realize that all that useless stuff under the hood is designed to run the engine on a logic computer with default settings that never change? Do you know that 1/2 of the gasoline you buy runs into the Cat? Did you know that the ignition system on every car, with few exceptions, will produce only 17,000 volts to the plugs? Older, high performance engines had higher compression, and high output ignition systems, and very few vacuum outlets to rob performance, one for the distributor advance, and one for the heater controls.

Most new cars have a 4 cylinder engine. These little engines use all of their available horsepower to pull the car along, with very little to spare. A V-8 engine, by comparison may use 30-40% of available horsepower to do the same job.

I have been experimenting with gas mileage since the long gas lines of the 80s, and have discovered a lot of useful tech that some of you will recognize. My own vehicle is a 1990 Chevy G-20 van, with 350 c.i. TBI engine and 4 speed overdrive transmission , it weighs out at 4300 pounds wet.

The engine has been rebuilt using only high performance parts, crankshaft tolerances are .003, the bore is stock 4." Flat top pistons replaced the dished factory ones. the camshaft is a duel pattern cam, commonly known as an "RV" cam from Cam Dynamics, the valve lifters are from Rhodes, they are three stage lifters that work on oil pressure to produce three settings automatically. The intake is a Holley piece, with a Holley two bbl throttle body. The ignition system is an Accel ignition module and MSD 45,000 volt coil, and an MSD digital ignition box. We use Bosch spark plugs, the vales are ground to a three angle shrouded grind. Cyclone headers take away the exhaust through straight through mufflers, no Cat and no oxygen sensor. The van, with a stock logic computer gets 37 miles per gallon on any day. Our next step is a Painless wiring programmable computer engine management system.

Knowing these things, I can easily see how the man can get this mileage. However, we are talking about building a hydrogen reactor for the van, so we can run on water. We have these plans:
www.fuel-efficient-vehicles.org...
I know, I know, it cannot work, can it? Well, my uncle has produced hydrogen on the workbench with one of these, and I have seen it work. You can cut metal with the gas, it burns.

Being a long time mechanic, I hate the high gas prices as much, or more than others do. I grew up in the 60s, and remember when gas was $0.35 a gallon. America has stored fuel that could run us all for 20 years, but they are sitting on it. We were going to get cheap oil from Venezuela, but Pat Robertson ruined that. The Middle East oil cannot last forever. so why not invent something better? Some who have invented devices that use other means to run cars have been killed. I am an old man, I don't care anymore. So I tell everyone in my town who will listen how to improve gas mileage in the cars, and you would not believe the mileage some cars get! I spoke to a lady at the school on Friday, she had a new Ford SUV. Asked how much gas mileage, she replied it gets 14 mpg. she was disappointed because the sticker said it would get 21 mpg. Yesterday a lady in a new Volkswagen told me she gets only 19 mpg. How is the possible? Cars back in the 1960s got better than that! My tailpipe is snow white with a little grey, these new cars are black and oily. We are Americans, so let us invent!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Even 63 MPG is phenomenal in my book for this type of power plant.

Doug Pelmear’s 80MPG Mustang Revisited

We filled Doug Pelmear’s V-8 Mustang all the way up with E-85 fuel, then went on a road trip: 103 miles from Bowling Green to Blufton and back. Then we refilled the tank. We were able to squeeze about 2-gallons in, so Pelmear’s ride averaged about 50-miles to the gallon. But, according to the EPA, E-85 is less efficient than gasoline, and cars that use it get 26% fewer miles per gallon. That means that, with regular gasoline, Pelmear would get about 63-MPG today. Not bad for a car that should get only about 15-MPG.

Hopefully he is successful at mass production of his engine.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Oh please give me a break. Throttle body injection is about one of the most in-efficient injection systems ever made. And there is no way you are getting 37 MPG in a 350 TBI motor. Sorry it ain't happening. The computer in those vans/trucks is far from sophisticated, also with you bypassing the oxygen sensor, which is what the computer uses to determine Air fuel ratio, you are undermining it's performance. Enough hogwash in this thread. Unless someone has some independent verification from a testing company with paperwork and video documentation it is all hogwash. I can verify the mileage on my diesel truck perfectly well in the low to middle 20's MPG.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
This guy has found a niche and is exploiting it. Nothing more. Can we guess what this niche is? Take one part custom "supercar", add 110mpg engine custom built, and dump in a nifty 100k plus pricetag (I know it doesn't say anywhere but the Revenge Supercar Custom monicker says it all) and you get : Uber-rich California green crowd. This tech will not help anyone without sizable pockets and even then for them it will be a novelty if not a "sign" that they care about the earth.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
If this guy is going to be selling crate engines, I will buy one right now. Make that two.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by sylvrshadow
Now, how come this guy, with limited resources and such, is able to create a motor capable of 110 mpg, but the major car makers of the world cant get more than about 30mpg(avg)

Well, I think your question is obvious, and you know this, so I will just say it, cause the same people own the companies that make the car that get, refine, transport, and sell the oil. Twice the mileage, half the demand, and well more supply.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigshow
reply to post by autowrench

Oh please give me a break. Throttle body injection is about one of the most in-efficient injection systems ever made. And there is no way you are getting 37 MPG in a 350 TBI motor. Sorry it ain't happening. The computer in those vans/trucks is far from sophisticated, also with you bypassing the oxygen sensor, which is what the computer uses to determine Air fuel ratio, you are undermining it's performance. Enough hogwash in this thread. Unless someone has some independent verification from a testing company with paperwork and video documentation it is all hogwash. I can verify the mileage on my diesel truck perfectly well in the low to middle 20's MPG.

I had a similar car to the 100 mpg car. My 1986 Mustang LX 5.0 would get 35-40 mpg on the highway and 20-35 in town depending on my mood.

My parents have a 1999 Bonneville SSEI Supercharged that regularly gets 35 mpg in town and 45 on the highway, unless Mom gets mad at traffic and makes that little boost guage shoot up.

I totally believe his van can attain 37 mpg. My friend's F250 7.3L Diesel went from 15 mpg to 22 mpg when he added a $300 performance chip. He did not change anything mechanically. Same exhaust, intake and everything. His chip paid for itself in the first couple of months, and he has more torque and quicker take offs (My Titan used to beat him in races, but not now).

Just by changing driving habits the club of "Hypermilers" are attaining 50 mpg and above. They make small modifications and they learn how to drive efficiently. Staying out of traffic, coasting, not accelerating fast, living without AC, etc.

I have a friend that races, and continually puts his cars on the Dyno for horsepower readings. He can gain 20% by removing the belts that drive power steering, alternator, a.c., etc. That is a huge technological advantage over his less experienced opponents!

Our vehicles are tuned down. They are NOT made to run optimally when you buy them. The term "Stock" car racing means just that. The engines in a stock car are identical in design to the engines on the dealership lot. The increased performance comes when the engine is disassembled and put back together with very little machine tolerance and high performance parts according to the designers original specs.

It is shameful, shameful, shameful what the American car industry has bastardized itself into. My 67 Camaro got better gas mileage than my 1996 Firebird.

Oh and Hybrids are B.S!!! I just traded a Nissan Altima for a 2007 Camry Hybrid LE. My Camry is getting 29-35 mpg. My mother-in-laws 2006 Camry (not Hybrid) is getting 29-35 mpg and hers cost $7000 less! If I drive extremely conservatively, avoid Red lights, try not to reach full stops, and piss off everyone behind me, occasionally I reach 40 mpg, but my blood pressure rises exponentially for every extra mpg!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
If this is true... The companies involved will be purchased by big oil, the engines will be destroyed, the technology will disappear, and anyone who can create it will die of accidental or mysterious causes.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sylvrshadow

Wouldnt it be just divine if he could somehow convert current car engines to get 110mpg?! Im sure the oil boys -n- gals would be up in arms over that!

There you have it. This is by far and above the biggest reason for the 'zero' advancement (virtually) in MPGs over the past century. It's all about money. Who has the money controls the money. Big oil KNOWS that there is technology out there that would damage their bottom line. You see, it's not about what's best for us but what is best for the big buck makers and the people in Washington that take the bribes.

This is also why other technologies that 'may' exist that utilize other energy sources seem to get smeared hard core and/or disappear. Why the electric car died (very good documentary and an eye opener to just how powerful the oil barons truly are).

I work 10 minutes from Napoleon so I am very excited to see this man succeed.

The problem is, if he doesn't take the bribes to sell his technology then he will most likely fall down and accidentally hit his head on a fence then get run over by a tractor three times while driving it and end up shooting himself in the back of the head 5 times. All self inflicted of course as the autopsy will state.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Forget about a mass produced car getting that much MPG, that would crash oil prices to unimaginable levels. TPTB will never let that happen.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by impending_pyrrhic_victory

That was the first thing that I thought of!

The MTY Engine should be used in every vehicle if what they claim about this engine is true!

The MYT Engine finally coming

The MYT™ Engine has the potential to replace all the existing internal combustion engines and jet engines. With 40 times higher power to weight ratio, low parts count, low maintenance, high mechanical efficienty, and low pollution, the MYT™ Engine will benefit airplane, big ship, 18 wheeler, SUV, passenger car, even down to carry on power generator applications. The MYT™ Engine as a pump/compressor also exceeds exisiting pumps/compressors in providing massive pressure, volume, and flow, all in one unit.

And here's a video, ...

MYT engine

According to the inventor in the video above, his MYT engine for your car will weigh 25 lbs., have 200 to 500 h.p., and get at least 150 MPG.!

I can't remember if I did a thread on this MTY engine (quite a while ago) here on ATS or another member started it, but it's out there somewhere on ATS, just can't seem to find it right now.

[edit on 6/1/2009 by Keyhole]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by imeddieone4202003
When we look at the automotive industry as a whole since its inception one can notice two things:

-Engines have gotten exponentially more complicated and advanced with the integration of computer components

-These advancements have NOT translated into any sizable contributions to the efficiency of MPG

With our technological advancements the MPGs should have skyrocketed along with decreased emissions. But NO, it seems the auto industry is moving at a snails pace when it comes to going farther with less fuel. I honestly hope this engine does produce the 100+ miles per gallon, ill keep my fingers crossed.

We would buy less gas then and they would have less control over world opulations by us using less fuel.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I think i found his secret technology...

I find it amazing how Americans have been brainwashed into driving 7litre V8's, for example. In the UK, we're just as bad, with moms driving kids to school in their 4.6 litre V8 Land Rovers.

I think Formula1 has some great technology brewing, backed by Honda. The introduction of the KER's system and the potential to store retardation energy in a bank of aerogel capacitors.

The future lies with Hydrogen as it's easier to switch the fuel pumps and so the whole infrastructure won't be revamped too much. Electric cars won't work, because of their short range and waiting hours for it to charge.

I find it amusing how people think we'll get 100mpg cars. That will NEVER happen. Why else are they in the Middle-East? They need a market of gas guzzling cars to feed their insatiable appetite for oil.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297
reply to post by elevatedone

Last month, Ford revealed a new alcohol-enhanced combustion system that increases efficiency 25% and adds only $1,300 to final showroom costs.

"Alcohol Helps Cars Run Greener"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here, Obama has given billions away to Chrysler and GM, effectively runs them, and we don't even knnow they'll survive bkcy.

Ford, with NO gov't assistance, is already able to meet Obama's 2016 standards!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

deny ignorance!

jw

Thats because the gov has exceeded their control limit and don't have the capabilities or the man power to control everything they own anymore without things going wrong, that and conflict of interests, lobbyists and pure ignorance adds to us having limited use full things in life compared to what we could have.

I would say in the past 100 years the government has set us back about 100 years.......Yes we have advanced technologically at a rate far faster than in the past of human history, but by them having to control everything and wanting to control everything they possibly can, they have limited the knowledge of certain things to the civilian population. These things hidden from us are the keys to us advancing at a proper rate........instead we deal with more of the same old crap......

Wow I can't wait til 2012.........Something is going to happen.....I'm pretty sure we are too be destroyed on some level that makes it look like the gov is still the good guys, but I'm almost positive that it won't fully succeed , we will learn more secrets and then finally be a free species.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85
Wow I can't wait til 2012.........Something is going to happen.....

It's happening NOW and will continue in the run up to 2012.

Why on Earth are g'ments taking control of banks and auto industries?

It's baby steps towards a totalitarian regime.

Regarding the OP, I drive a 1.0 litre Fiesta, that goes from 0-60mph in three calendar months. I have to slip-stream lorries on the motorway
Atleast it's cheap for me to go from A2B, albeit at a snails pace.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

I'm going to put on my sceptic hat (it's made out of tinfoil) and say that IF it is true then they are either a) going to get bought out and we'll never see it or b) Obama Motors will find out something wrong with emissions and have it made illegal, and we'll never see it again.

IMHO. . .

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
isn't it the same guy of this myspace?

www.myspace.com...

if it's true he is the best mechanic in the world!

[edit on 1-6-2009 by digitalwarrior]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kaferwerks

OK say it is true and the guy has figured out what the rest of the world couldnt. (which I find very hard to believe).

I did too, at first. Then I thought about the suppression of tech like this on a daily basis, coupled with the fact that several "water car inventors" have been murdered lately, and I can now easily see why people are so closed mouthed about this. Big Oil is just that, BIG. And I would bet they would go to any length to keep wildcat mechanics and home brew scientists out of the engine business. Wouldn't you?

One the hydrogen powered cutting torch, check here:
www.youtube.com...

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join