It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Plant To Open Monday : 110mpg Engines

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Wauseon plant to open Monday for 110-mpg car engines

The man who drove his 20-year-old Mustang from Napoleon, Ohio, to Las Vegas and back last year on 39 gallons of fuel will open his first manufacturing facility Monday to allow others to get 110 miles per gallon.

Doug Pelmear, owner of Horse Power Sales.net Inc. and Hp2G LLC, will hold an open house Monday morning in the idle 100,000-square-foot factory he has leased in Wauseon to begin manufacturing his revolutionary engine.

The factory, on the Fulton Industries Inc. campus in Wauseon, will be tooled to initially turn out 20 of Mr. Pelmear's custom engines per day with one shift of 25 workers.

A Decatur, Ind., specialty car company, Revenge Designs Inc., has contracted with Mr. Pelmear to purchase 2,000 engines for use in a new vehicle it plans to unveil at the end of this year at the Los Angeles International Auto Show. The vehicle is to be called the Revenge Verde Super Car, which will use Mr. Pelmear's 400-horsepower engine and its 500 foot-pounds of torque to travel up to 200 mph and get 110 mpg - though admittedly not at the same time.

How's he do it?

Mr. Pelmear has said that he employs more precise tolerances and manufacturing techniques to decrease heat and energy loss and increase the efficiency of the internal combustion engine. He said he has more than quadrupled the industry average engine efficiency of about 8 percent.

This is happening very near where I live. I can't wait to see who buys the first motors / cars and to find out if they really get this kind of mileage.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
This could be a major setback for even hybrids that get 40-50 mpg. But it looks like very slow going and the price may not be doable for the average person.

Still this could be a major breakthrough if there are no defects and it isn't something that has to be replaced frequently as is necessary for some current hybrids.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
When we look at the automotive industry as a whole since its inception one can notice two things:

-Engines have gotten exponentially more complicated and advanced with the integration of computer components

-These advancements have NOT translated into any sizable contributions to the efficiency of MPG

With our technological advancements the MPGs should have skyrocketed along with decreased emissions. But NO, it seems the auto industry is moving at a snails pace when it comes to going farther with less fuel. I honestly hope this engine does produce the 100+ miles per gallon, ill keep my fingers crossed.

link   
I'm anxious to find out the price.

This being so close to me, I may make some calls this week and ask for details and or see if I can get them to come to ATS to talk about the engines.

link   
Have been looking for more information about this engine..

When you hear anything else about specs and such, please update the thread.

This is definitely interesting news to say the least.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I was expecting very modest specs and performance figures, but 400hp and up to 200mph is just amazing! Of course It won't do 110mph at top speed, but still, that's quite an achievement.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I remember I had a '78 Ford truck, the top speed on that was 110 we couldn't go that fast legally then and we can't go that fast legally now. So what's the point of making them that speedy? One thing I do like about the old ones is you could open the hood and you had the engine, battery, radiator. and a couple of other simple things to look at. You could see the ground underneath when you popped the hood. They got so much crap in there now you need a genius to figure it out, and it's all still about going from one place to another.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by korath

My first car was a 74 Firebird, my dad showed me how to "tune" it up, pretty simple stuff. I look under the hood today and just shake my head in amazement of all the "junk". No way it's all needed, no wonder cars don't get better gas mileage.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Hi,

Now, how come this guy, with limited resources and such, is able to create a motor capable of 110 mpg, but the major car makers of the world cant get more than about 30mpg(avg) after 70 years of auto manufacturing? Welcome to the world of no conflict of interest, or lust for the bottom line!

I hope his business gets going fast and strong, and he doesnt fall prey to the curse of "buyout".
(Where ____________(insert rich person/company name) offers such an obscene amount of $$$ that Mr Pelmear takes the money and runs.) That would, to use a technical term, suck.

Wouldnt it be just divine if he could somehow convert current car engines to get 110mpg?! Im sure the oil boys -n- gals would be up in arms over that!

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by imeddieone4202003

Most of those technologies were all designed to reduce emissions not necessarily to improve efficiency.

I'd like to see the specs for this new engine.

Interesting find.

[edit on 31-5-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Do you have a source link to the full report?

I can't seem to find it anywhere.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

Sorry.

Beware.... this newspaper site is verrrry slow.

Link To Story

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
here's a link to the company website for those interested in contacting them.
Hp2g

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Last month, Ford revealed a new alcohol-enhanced combustion system that increases efficiency 25% and adds only $1,300 to final showroom costs.

"Alcohol Helps Cars Run Greener"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here, Obama has given billions away to Chrysler and GM, effectively runs them, and we don't even knnow they'll survive bkcy.

Ford, with NO gov't assistance, is already able to meet Obama's 2016 standards!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

deny ignorance!

jw

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Very nice story. If things go well for him, I hope to be able to buy a car like that sometime soon.

110 MPG is amazing.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Ohhhh man! I want one of those engine SO badly it isn't even funny!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Here's a car that gets over 100MPG and nobody wanted it in 1984.

Amazing that somebody hasn't done this sooner.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
isn't this how the big 3 started originally?
and GM is crashing... hmm.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Choices choices choices.. 30 billion to a failing GM or give 30billion to this guy and Tesla. Hmmm I wonder what would be better for the country?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Won't the Oil companys just quadruple the price of gas is this happens? Probably not all at once, but they will claim shortages and up the price to compensate. We're paying $4 a gallon up here in Canada in the middle of a recession... and we have plenty of oil around here... Its just out of hand. I'm sure TPTB would much rather have more efficent vechicles running on gasoline then vehicles running on water!! And for that reason I can see the new plant being sucessful.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join