It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Law advice/clarification. Am I really wrong here?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Calm down CUT. You asked for advice, and the member are merely giving you the advice.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I didn't mean to come off as harsh. I wasn't saying that in a mean way, I apologize. Tone of voice does not carry well on the internet.

And how can they tell me when I am a patron and when I'm not a patron when, according to the dictionary, I am a patron and when, on the books, patron is not defined? And juniors are not allowed to park on school grounds, just an FYI.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cutwolf
I didn't mean to come off as harsh. I wasn't saying that in a mean way, I apologize. Tone of voice does not carry well on the internet.

And how can they tell me when I am a patron and when I'm not a patron when, according to the dictionary, I am a patron and when, on the books, patron is not defined? And juniors are not allowed to park on school grounds, just an FYI.

I didn't take your comments as harsh.. FYI.

I understand your arguement about the definition of patron, but do you at least see where I'm coming from, about saying that you are a patron while in the park, but when you leave, you are no longer a patron until you come back and there for should not park there, while you're not using the park grounds ?

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
PRIVATE/SERVICE ROAD OR DRIVE - shall mean every road, lane or driveway not open to use of the public in general.

Sorry but I think if you try and fight it they will classify the area you were parked in as the above Private/Service Road or Drive. As the area in general is not marked and striped as a designated area for parking a "standing" vehicle.

You will lose.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
It doesn't say anything about a PRIVATE ROAD/DRIVE in the law or in any signs.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cutwolf
Alright I found the law:

HOWEVER

At the beginning of the section they define the terms they use.

PARKING PLACE - any part of any drive or space designated as a place for the standing of vehicles.

PATH - shall mean any footpath, walk or any path maintained for pedestrians.

PERSON - any person, corporation, company, association, joint stock association, firm or co-partnership.

PERMIT - any written license issued by or under the authority of the Parks Department, permitting the performance of a specified act or acts.

PRIVATE/SERVICE ROAD OR DRIVE - shall mean every road, lane or driveway not open to use of the public in general.

cutwolf, you posted the law right here, read it again, it clearly states, Private/service road or drive.....

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Neither the law nor definition say anything about parking lots.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join