It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last survivor of the Titanic dies, aged 97

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Last survivor of the Titanic dies, aged 97

www.msnbc.msn.com

LONDON - Millvina Dean, who as a baby was wrapped in a sack and lowered into a lifeboat in the frigid North Atlantic, died Sunday, having been the last survivor of 1912 sinking of the RMS Titanic.

She was 97 years old, and she died where she had lived — in Southampton, England, the city her family had tried to leave behind when it took the ship's ill-fated maiden voyage, bound for America.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
[Quote]She died in her sleep early Sunday, her friend Gunter Babler told the Associated Press. It was the 98th anniversary of the launch of the ship that was billed as "practically unsinkable."

"She said goodbye to my father and he said he'd be along later," Dean said in 2002. "I was put into lifeboat 13. It was a bitterly cold night and eventually we were picked up by the Carpathia."

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

CX

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Very sad news, this lady lived a few miles from me.

This is the lady that Kate Winslet and Leonardo Di Caprio just donated a shedload of money to in order help with her nursing home fees.

Movie stars help Titanic survivor

CX.

MBF

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

It's great that they donated a lot of money to help the lady. They both did make a shed load of money on the movie, but there are lots of other people that made a bunch of money on that movie that could have helped too.

[edit on 31-5-2009 by MBF]

top topics

join