It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cell Phone Gun Just Arrived

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Cell Phone Gun Just Arrived...

At a store near you really soon....

Believe it or not it seems that is the way things are going. Weapons everywhere....

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
ohhhhhhh nooooo

I have a 13 year old son. This weekend he and a bud were discussing this.
It appears that we will be having more than the sex/hormone talk this week.

Why??
Why has this been manufactured?
Why??

Peace...

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
What's scary about that is how many security personnel will let you place it in a tray, along with your keys, glasses and change, to bypass metal detectors.

The federal response to this? Ban all cell phones at airports and federal buildings, along with water bottles, shampoo bottles and shaving creme cans. Or maybe they'll just have you place your cell phone alongside your shoes when getting screened.

A few more gadgets turned into guns:

Briefcase machine gun

knife gun (yea, it's a knife that shoots bullets)

magpul FMG folding machine gun

Of course none of these have the pure stealth capability of a cell phone gun.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Isn't it illegal to conceal a weapon in USA ?

By that definition disguise of a cell phone as a gun constitutes concealment of a weapon.

USA has the laws to get rid of these dangerous toys. USA should use it's laws.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

Actually, it arrived a while ago. In the early 2000's, local law enforcement was warned of a four shot, .22 cal cellphone gun.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sy.gunson

No it isn't at all illegal. You must be permitted and follow certain laws pertaining to it from state to state (i.e. no carrying in courthouse, airport, federal building). I am fully licensed to carry a concealed firearm. I took a 4 hour class(85 bucks), also a tactical handgun class (optional), then payed 175 for my license. Now it is illegal if you don't do these small hoops but most states don't split hairs about TYPE of firearms. As long as it is registered as a concealed weapon. Edited to add: However sawed-off shotguns and small smg's are illegal to conceal.

[edit on 31-5-2009 by djvexd]

[edit on 31-5-2009 by djvexd]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
This is old news, these things have been around for years. No worry's here.

That little mag-pul thing is cool as hell though, I want one.

Although though they won't ever ban cell-phones at airports. It also doesn't help that the cellphone that it is modeled after looks like it is from the 90's.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   

It also doesn't help that the cellphone that it is modeled after looks like it is from the 90's.

True but consider how this would look in many third-world countries, it would blend right in. It might look like a brick, but it doesn't attract attention and you could carry it in your hand, where it'll do the most good, not concealed away beneath clothing or inside a holster tucked away and out of reach when the SHTF.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
These are law enforcement/government only weapons and not for sale to the general public.

The cell phone gun is for undercover officers/agents so the bad guys will not find there weapon.

This is another case of media BS.

No gun manufacture is going to try to sell a cell phone/gun to the public.
the liabilities to lawsuits would be to great and no insurance companies would ever cover the risk.

30 years ago there was a flare launcher that could also fire .32 pistol rounds.

20 years ago there was a 9mm machine gun that looked like a hand held CB radio.

10 years ago there was a 6 battery maglite that would fire 3 .410 rounds

You can not find where any of these were ever sold to the public.
What few that ever showed up in the hands of the public were nut cases that built there own.

PS I had one of the .32 cal converted flare launchers. yes i was a gun nut. but at the time I was a federal security officer

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I've seen the flashlights for sale to the public. Briefcase guns, too. And the knife gun. You just have to keep your eyes peeled.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I still think this is a serious issue, one that we do need to be aware of! thanks for posting!

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

But does it have Tetris? now that would be amazing.

What is this world coming to? Are exploding marshmallows next?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
No. But they had exploding teddy bears for awhile.

I wonder if airport security checks people's canes and umbrellas for those hidden swords? I think those would be a bigger threat than a cell phone gun. For one thing, they're more common. And for another, well, it's more believable.

"All right people. Turn this plane around. My cell phone, it's really a GUN! dun dun dunnnnn..." *vacant stares all around*

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
These fears are beyond stupid.

The thing is a novelty. Maybe somebody who wouldnt want their regular concealed firearm to print might carry one of these but I doubt it.

Where's the fear? That someone would pull this out of their pocket and shoot you with it? Like that doesnt happen now? That someone would carry it into a school and blow away a bunch of your kids with it? Like that doesnt happen now?

Third world country cell phone? I guess if they get tired of walking around with their machine guns over their shoulders like it 'aint no thang' they could trade it for the cell phone gun.

It's a stupid little novelty that in reality makes absolutely no difference whatsoever in the direction the fear-mongers would take. Just as that stupid pager gun from 20 years ago made no difference in anything this too will fade away into the museum of wasted engineering effort and hyped up paranoid fanatics crying the sky is falling.

The best part is right now just about any cell phone can be used to detonate high explosives. Oh noes!!! Explosions everywhere!!!!!

[edit on 2-6-2009 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I confiscated one of these cell phone guns. Not very impressive at all. Poorly manufactured from a communist sweat shop and imported by various arms dealers, when the ban was in place, certain individuals who are federally licensed to alter or produce a firearm created several variants of this implemented into various devices. In Michigan your concealed pistol license or CPL states that as long as it is registered and concealed you can carry it. Now would I use a .22 LR for self defense especially with the lack of sights on this little weapon...no

Quite frankly , you miss your assailant with it, all you did was piss him off. Not to mention for the average person to charge (no pun intended) this weapon and take the time to aim...your screwed. A person with a knife 20 feet away could be on top of you before you know it.

It's overpriced...cumbersome..ineffective...stupid...and downright unsafe!

For those who want to legally conceal, use a round that wont travel a mile and still be deadly for the highly likely event of you missing your target with this. Remember you may hit someone in a non vital with a .22 and a determined attacker is still coming at you. You aim for the body of your attacker and miss that bullet is at the perfect horizon to continue traveling and kill or seriously injure an innocent bystander.

invest in at least a 9mm compact or sub compact if discreet is a must. Plus everyone knows what a real gun looks like and may be turned away faster than if you point a "cell phone" at them, in the heat of it, they may think your crazy and still advance, now you ,the soon to be attacked knowing you just pulled a "gun" and he is still advancing will most likely panic and..now hes in your face with his weapon.

For those who have never been in combat and are not trained to react quickly to life threatening situations, please do yourself a favor and invest in a real gun, plus they are cheaper and in a higher caliber.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

if you REALLY wanted to attempt a plane hijack with such a device - you would [ strictly hypothetically ] walk up to the stewardesses @ the front of the plane - grab one in a neck hold - and shoot the second in the face at point blank range - then stick the gun in the ear of the one you have grappled and make your demand , adding "or shee dies next "

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   

the last time i went abroad - i had no trobles on the outward legs - but returning from borispil [ kiev ] ukraine the security officers were VERY suspicios of my walking stick - a humble leki brand treking pole like :

picture link

with the guy on the checkpoint being young and eager to impress his supervisors by finding a ` weapon ` - he ecen demonstrated to his superior officer how the carbide tip could be used as a spear to stab a victim in the face - i did eventually get it through

but yess such things are subject to scrutiny

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

if you REALLY wanted to attempt a plane hijack with such a device - you would [ strictly hypothetically ] walk up to the stewardesses @ the front of the plane - grab one in a neck hold - and shoot the second in the face at point blank range - then stick the gun in the ear of the one you have grappled and make your demand , adding "or shee dies next "

lets snap back to reality for a second...do you have polymer cartridges?

your ammo would alert the dogs,as well as set off metal detectors, and never pass the x-ray and microwave that most arent even aware of. Unless you know a way to get your ammo on board beforehand.

my gf works at the airport, a single .22lr round was found on a lufthansa plane going into the hangar to be cleaned. weird and unnerving but true.

And hypothetically speaking, if you wanted to take an innocent stewardess' life, and endanger everyone elses, well you should be shot in the face.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Well if anyone shoots me with a .22 and I find out about it I'm gonna be very upset...

This thing is old news...

Besides, what are you going to do with 4 rounds of 22???

Oh yeah...I also have a pistol permit...it was $10...and i didnt have to take a class...and they HAD to give it to me...and i carry my weapon ALMOST everywhere i go (excluding post offices and courts but i dont really go to those places anyways)I love NH

[edit on 11-6-2009 by BingeBob]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Gyrochiral

Why?

Because some places require "concealed"carry.

That fits the bill nicely.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join