It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rods and sprintcamV3?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
vimeo.com...

I was just wondering if rods had been proven/disproven yet. I'm reading through topics at this moment but seems there hasn't been much progress on the topic even after all these years.

I remember years ago, a doco showing that these rod creatures can fly through solid matter (such as cave walls).
the also had a cluster of the things flying around a massive cave opening. If that was the case, shouldn't they sent that sprintcam over to the cave and get some real footage? Or is that the sprintcam is still not yet slow enough to capture these things?

Sorry about the vid, I can't and don't know how to link a vimeo video to the thread.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by nightrun

Have you given the link to the correct video? The video description says something about a rugby match.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
The common explanation for rods is that those pictures have captured an insect or bird in flight, and the exposure time was large enough for the bird or insect to flap its wings a few times. This creates those oscillating/sine patterns along the 'rod' - the rod itself is the part of the insect or bird that stays in path. For the rods to be straight, the flight path must be straight as seen from the camera. I don't know what the consensus is on this theory, but I would expect a long exposure to have those results - there is actually some art-work with moths and long exposures:
wpcontent.answers.com...
As you can see, there are a lot of 'rods' in this picture. While a lot of those rods are bent from this point of view, if the light were a camera you would probably get a lot of straight rods.

Not saying all rods are like this, but everyone is surprised when they catch one of these on a photo - it wouldn't surprise me if there are a lot more stories than actual rods.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I think we can rest assured that the "Rods" phenom is nothing more than poppycock. Too many reasonable explanations need to be ignored to believe in them.

Plus, think about it. If there was some kind of easily documented yet to be identified and studied creature such as this you can bet your bottom dollar we would be seeing respected, legitimate study of these things. But your not....gee, wonder why, lol.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by scraze

I think that pretty much sums it up Scraze.

top topics

join