It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tempted? Know the Demon on Your Back!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
You may or may not be aware, according to Christian doctrine there are Seven deadly sins.

Pride, Greed, Lust, Envy, Gluttony, Wrath and Sloth.

According to Wikki:

In 1589, Peter Binsfeld paired each of the deadly sins with a demon, who tempted people by means of the associated sin. According to Binsfeld's classification of demons, the pairings are as follows

Lucifer: Pride
Mammon: Greed
Asmodeus: Lust
Leviathan: Envy
Beelzebub: Gluttony
Satan/Amon: Wrath
Belphegor: Sloth

So I decided to do a little "Get to know the Demon tempting you!" thread.

LUCIFER(Pride), is described as a handsome(hence the pride) angel riding a white horse and his face is characterized by a bright gladness, his rank is Prince of Hell, ex-Seraphim and Governor of Earth with 90 legions.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5c4436397775.jpg[/atsimg]

"How art thou fallen from heaven
O day-star, son of the morning! (Helel ben Shahar)
How art thou cast down to the ground,
That didst cast lots over the nations!
And thou saidst in thy heart:
'I will ascend into heaven,
Above the stars of God (El)
Will I exalt my throne;
And I will sit upon the mount of meeting,
In the uttermost parts of the north;
I will ascend above the heights of the clouds;
I will be like the Most High (Elyon).'
Yet thou shalt be brought dow to the nether-world,
To the uttermost parts of the pit."

Isaiah 14:12-15

MAMMON(Greed), one of the three Princes of Hell. He is the demon of wealth and avarice.

"No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon"

Matthew 6:24

ASMODEUS(lust) is one of the Kings of Hell under Lucifer the emperor and has seventy-two legions of demons under his command. He incites gambling, and is the overseer of all the gambling houses in the court of Hell.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4ade61f62b10.jpg[/atsimg]

LEVIATHAN(Envy) the great sea-serpent, angrily churns the oceans of the Earth, waiting for the day of Judgment when he will devour the souls of the damned. At the time of the resurrection, Gabriel will fight against Leviathan and overcome. Known as the Prince of liars, Master of the ocean, reigned also as king of beasts, feared by God and men alike.

"In that day the Lord will punish,
With His great, cruel, mighty sword
Leviathan the Elusive Serpent--
Leviathan the Twisting Serpent;
He will slay the Dragon of the sea.

Isaiah 27:1

BEELZEBUB(Gluttony) “Lord of the Flies.”, usually appears in the form of a fly, a gargantuan cow, or a male goat with a long tail. He had a tendency to vomit flames when angered. His rank is of the Prince of Demons, he lives in Africa and is often confused with Satan himself. Beelzebub is commonly described as placed high in Hell's hierarchy; he was of the order of cherubim.

Mark 3:22

And the teachers of the law who came down from Jerusalem said, "He is possessed by Beelzebub! By the prince of demons he is driving out demons."

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/260d07735404.jpg[/atsimg]

SATAN/AMON(Wrath) regarded as a rebellious fallen angel or demon that tempts humans to sin or commit evil deeds. Satan is sometimes called Samael, in the fields of angelology and demonology. His ultimate goal is to lead people away from the love of God — to lead them to fallacies which God opposes.

"When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison 8and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth—Gog and Magog—to gather them for battle. In number they are like the sand on the seashore. 9They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of God's people, the city he loves. But fire came down from heaven and devoured them. 10And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever."

Revelation 20:7-10

BELPHEGOR(Sloth) is the demon of ingenious discoveries and inventions. His rank is the archdemon of the Togarini, the sixth of the evil Sephiroth. For a while he lived among men, imitating all the intimacies that men experienced. He is said to have fled back to hell in horror, happy that intercourse between men and women did not exist there. This is the reason why the name of Belphegor is sometimes applied to misogynists and licentious men.

So the next time you feel one of the seven deadly sins pulling at your conscience, I wouldn't just dismiss it. BEWARE! You may just have a demon on your back!

Information sourced from:

www.biblegateway.com...

demons.monstrous.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 31-5-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
The information is suspect to say the least.

Satan has a job and its not to be a Vice its to be the Chief Adversary for creation.

Belphegor ? Maybe a demon, though I don't see a scriptural reference for him, certainly not an "evil sephiroth" the sephiroth are not angels they are vessels of creation, with their anti-thesis being Qliphoth.

As for lucifer, do a search on these boards, there's plenty of information to insinuate that he is not as important as people would like to make out, IF there even is a demonic entity with that title (which their probably is now.)

new topics

join