It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: US Government to own 60% of GM, Canada 12%. Details inside.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Knowing the MSM, the announcement is probably Obama's dog takes first piss in white house. Maybe it could be an announcement on what toppings Obama likes on his pizza.

I seriously doubt it is anything serious or newsworthy.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

It's about 8:30 eastern time here, so in about an hour and a half.

link   
Well, if it is nuking NK and China, Japan and Russia are out, why in gods name should it be the US?

If this is it, we won't know until after the fact.

link   
Just found this on CNN's homepage:

General Motors, the nation's largest automaker, will file a bankruptcy petition on Monday at 8 a.m., according to a source with direct knowledge of the bankruptcy proceedings. President Obama will address the nation at 11:30 a.m. Monday to discuss the bankruptcy, two officials close to the situation told CNN

If tonight's announcement is the bankruptcy, then why have another scheduled for tomorrow?

Tonight's thing is either different or something ain't right.

link   
reply to post by kommunist

Thank you, starred!

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Maybe that Israel attacked Iran? I fricken hope not....

[edit on Sun May 31st 2009 by TrueAmerican]

I highly doubt it would be regarding a military attack because once the attack takes place news will immediately leak out...

It could be an attack of some sort that is scheduled to begin at 10...Im pretty sure that the media was informed that Gulf War I was going to begin later that evening and asked not to report it until after the operation was underway. It's done as a courtesy to the media so that they have personnel in place to report breaking news...and with tonight being Sunday night, none of the new stations would have their top people scheduled to be on air...

Still not sure Im buying this as legit but there is precedent.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I still can't believe that any of you are saying the government is going to disclose Alien life by the end of May. Get a clue.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

I agree. I also don't think this could be about GM, as everyone already knows about GM's bankruptcy. However, a war with North Korea sure would make a nice diversion, wouldn't it?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
First a little off topic, for anybody that is using Firefox install the addon called "hyperwords" it has spell check, definitions, translation, some really good tools to use.

Now on topic, this could be anything probably a military operation of some sort. Who know guess we will see at 10pm.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
When was the war in iraq announced?

If memory serves me correctly it was a night address by GWB, and then you saw the night vision rocket attacks.. that is if I remember correctly.. a lot of toxins ingested since then LOL

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Could you imagine Gordon Brown if he was going to attack N.Korea??

"Gordie wake up honey"
"mmmmmmm ... WHAT!?"
"You were supposed to tell the people you started a war...."
"What time is it?"
"10pm honeybunch"
"ammmmmm.... i'll tell em' in the morning........ SNORE. **oh tony..... you like that??**

I'll be well asleep before Barry says anything.... so hope it's worth your while ATS...

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
When was the war in iraq announced?

If memory serves me correctly it was a night address by GWB, and then you saw the night vision rocket attacks.. that is if I remember correctly.. a lot of toxins ingested since then LOL

I was referring to the first Gulf War under GWB's Daddy.

By the way, I just checked the BNO Twitter Page and see NO MENTION of the breaking news or the embargo...are we being HOAXED?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I highly doubt it is anything of major concern.

Don't get all excited folks, just to be let down when it is an announcement about GM or The Obamas are having another date night.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soldat401
I may be wrong, but I believe embargoed means that the press has been briefed, but they are not allowed to release any info until 10PM. If it is a military strike on NK, then I imagine they don't want them to get any prior warning, and President Obama will have a statement from the oval office, as is customary.

That's pretty accurate.
The story gets released to news outfits. But it is tagged to be held back until a certain time. Usually it's done as a courtesy to The Newspapers, radio, and TV, so they know ahead of time, and can plan around it. Whatever "it" is.
Embargoes are very common. They often revolve around business stories, BTW.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I wouldn't get too excited about this, but of course I'll be checking the news at 10 just to make sure. Another article that CNN had on its webpage was about Israel starting their huge war exercise today to deal with the rising threat from Iran. Maybe it has something to do with this.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

No, the update was by the founder of BNO, twitter.com... , things are not posted to BreakingNews until they are actually news.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Canada too?

Media Advisory: Government of Canada Officials to Provide Details on Restructuring Efforts in the Auto Industry

OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- 05/31/09 -- On Monday, June 1, Government of Canada officials will deliver a technical briefing for media on an embargoed basis on the restructuring efforts in the auto industry

Looks like it could be about the auto industry?

link   
I work for an ABC affiliate...

It's the GM bankruptcy thing. We got a message about it. Nothing to see here folks...you know, other than our nation's industries falling one after the other.

link   
I just heard on CNN about the GM thing for tomorrow. They also announced that Obama will address the nation tomorrow(monday) at 11:55am regarding the GM deal.

Given that, I can't see this thing tonight having anything to do with GM, since that is already known and will be addressed monday.

So as most have guessed this is likely something regarding NK. I cannot see any Alien thing happening, but that would be to good to be true.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soldat401
reply to post by Night Watchman

No, the update was by the founder of BNO, twitter.com... , things are not posted to BreakingNews until they are actually news.

Oh ok. Thanks. I'm curious though as to how that update is received?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join