It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: US Government to own 60% of GM, Canada 12%. Details inside.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Just got this update on twitter from one of the editors of BreakingNewsOn(@mpoppel)

mpoppelBreaking news from the White House.. embargoed until 10pm EDT.. *sigh* stay tuned!

source: twitter.com...

What do you think this could be? It's an odd time to make an announcement of something. 10PM on a Sunday. The only thing I can think of is that we are preparing to strike North Korea.

Of course, given that it is May 31st, the longshot is disclosure
(Sorry, not gonna happen, and especially not at 10PM)

UPDATE: The embargoed info was about GM's bankruptcy filing. Full article can be read here: www.bnonews.com...

Edit: Changed the subject to reflect the story.
[edit on 31-5-2009 by Soldat401]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Disclosure!!!! They're finally telling us about the aliens!

Nah, he's probably just going to tell us that they're going to nuke North Korea...or maybe Pakistan.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I dont know, but I am going to keep and eye out!

Maybe he's releasing his birth certificate?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
What is meant by embargoed? Are they not allowed to report until 10pm? Or is it an announcement at 10 like soledat said?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I have to say, I'm definitely going to keep an eye on this.
Even longershot....SHTF scenario out of the blue, just like the movies my friends.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I would guess that it is possibly something on the expected bankruptcy of GM that will be announced tomorrow.

Unless something drastic has happened in regards to NK that we don't know about yet.

[edit on 31-5-2009 by hallucinogen]

link   
reply to post by CSquared288

Yeah, I have no idea what it means either. Something fancy I'm guessing!

Doesn't it mean "Underway" or "Happening"?

+24 more 
link   
A Grey is going to walk on stage with Obamas Kenyan birth certificate in one hand and a chinese lantern in the other and say politley "Ever thing you think you know is a lie" then he will prompty be shot by Hilary Clinton after she has turned into a Reptilian and the screen will go blank, this is what I expect will happen at 10

[edit on 31/5/09 by On the level]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
As much as this intrigues me, is there anything else out there about this besides a 3 line Tweet?

It is probably nothing, or if it is, then it's definitely not "Hey there fellow Americans! Here's what we know 'bout them aliens from the space."

I have to go with NK news, or maybe Iran or more Al Qaeda stuff.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I may be wrong, but I believe embargoed means that the press has been briefed, but they are not allowed to release any info until 10PM. If it is a military strike on NK, then I imagine they don't want them to get any prior warning, and President Obama will have a statement from the oval office, as is customary.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
N Korea is my guess,
With Japan, Russia and China pressing,

Iran would be more involved.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Someone correct me if I'm mistaken, but I think embargo means prohibition. It's usually means having to do with trades, but this sounds like a news embargo. Meaning, something significant has happened, and it's been deemed neccessary for the information to remain hidden from the public until 10pm.

I'm guessing this has to do with GM going bankrupt, but it could be something more serious. In all honesty, GM news is large enough. It'll likely tear this country to shreds in its current state.

link   
I'd cream my draws if he said UFO's were not UFO's... they are identified as.... and said some crazy half ass ATS type Billy Mehier stuff...

Then twist his words so that the population stilll think their UFO's.... damn Obama is like that mind thing from Men In Black....

UK User here, can anyone tell me what time i'll have to wait up for?? BTW If it's nothing I'm going to be so peeved.....

link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

you think that maybe VP Biden has decided to dig deep and pay for the repairs on the teleprompter

[/sarcasm]

I'm with you all awaiting patiently as to what this is

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by obilesk

If you're questioning the credibility of BreakingNewsOn, I can tell you as someone who has been following them for a few months now, they seem like a pretty serious, if not new, wire service. They've actually beaten the MSM to a few stories, including the North Korea nuke test recently.

Nothing else about this so far though, which is probably normal if there is an embargo until 10PM.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
How many hours to that time - I am too lazy to compare world times

( You know, I am from Finland... ) So. how many hours I hace to wait for this maybe nothing unusual?

NK Moves ICBM to Missile Base on West Coast
english.donga.com...

link   

Originally posted by Soldat401
Just got this update on twitter from one of the editors of BreakingNewsOn(@mpoppel)

mpoppelBreaking news from the White House.. embargoed until 10pm EDT.. *sigh* stay tuned!

source: twitter.com...

What do you think this could be? It's an odd time to make an announcement of something. 10PM on a Sunday. The only thing I can think of is that we are preparing to strike North Korea.

Can anyone provide some info on who this Michael van Poppel is and whether there is any reason to believe he would be receiving a heads up on a breaking news story?

Now, there are cases in which the news media is informed that there will be an announcement on an important issue at a later time and be asked to keep the lid on it until the specified time.

That said, it's hard to believe he would be in that loop...

link   
Maybe they found a new missing link that will put the History Channel to shame...

link   
Maybe that Israel attacked Iran? I fricken hope not....

[edit on Sun May 31st 2009 by TrueAmerican]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

Just check the twitter history of @mpoppel and @breakingnews. It is a legitimate news source.

Here is an article about his news service on twitter. He's pretty impressive actually for such a young guy.

www.loosewireblog.com...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join