It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane reports sighting in my county

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

LIBERTY, May 30, 2009 - The Federal Aviation Administration contacted the Liberty County Sheriffs Department Friday around 8:30 PM when a departing plane from Bush Intercontinental Airport noticed something in the sky over Liberty County.
According to Corporal Hugh Bishop the departing plane heading for the Carolinas notice what was described a large, flare like object in the sky. The plane was at approximately 11,000 to 15,000 feet and was ascending to cruising altitude at the time of the report.

i-dineout.com

I was actually outside last night at this time, but didn't see anything myself. The two witnesses that have reported seeing something, live about 30 minutes from me. I believe this was probably some type of debris reentry, but as far as I know there are no photos. Also, the original reports to the sherrif were from the FAA, leading to the idea that it was not of terristrial origin.

Liberty county is also home to one of the best cases for ufo's, IMO. The Cash-Landrum Incident happened right outside my hometown in 1980. This is a rural county and the skies are perfect for stargazing. There are fields everywhere to lay in (with permission of course) and there are very few land based lights to interfere with viewing.

Any other opinions/sources as to what this might have been?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

I read the full story and there really isn't much to go on. Still, seeing a UFO from the ground would be OK, seeing one while flying in a small private plane might not be so cool.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
That was my reason for posting it. Even though it is local to me, I cannot find anything else on it. I'm fairly sure that it is nothing earth shattering, but I would like to hear any theories other than my own, or possibly someone has found another source of information on this. The description of "flare like" makes me think of something burning through the atmosphere. Maybe debris, maybe meteorite? It would have been cool to see either way!

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

There's apparently been a lot happening in my neck of the woods, which is light asw polluted as you would expect being right up against Philadelphia:

abclocal.go.com.../special_reports&id=6621513

I haven't seen anything unexplainable yet, but you never know.

[edit on 31-5-2009 by fls13]

new topics

top topics

join