It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taxation - Robbing us of free will.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Just an observation for discussion. One of the factors, as I see it, to the lack of responsiveness of people to government corruption it the subtle and adverse effects of personal taxation.

What would be better for you as an individual? To be robbed of your income via property taxes, income taxes, licensing taxes and traffic criminal taxes Or for you as an individual to have your money and you to make a conscious and deliberate decision, on your own, to donate money? You could donate to, the city road fund, the Iraq war fund, or the homeland security fund, or the FBI fund, or the border protection fund as you see fit? It seems obvious that you are "empowered", socially and karmically benefited by having it as your choice rather than as your exploitation by the system. The government becomes accountable and only provides such services are receive funding by donation. Laws can't be magically passed and funding from theft be used against you to run these criminal boondoggles. If we decide not to pay for troups in Iraq they have to come home. The society lives or dies by the willingness and self determination of the individual to contribute to the society as they see fit. Projects are proposed and exist to the extent people directly choose to personally contribute whenever, however.

The point is that we are neutered in our hearts and spirits by auto taxation scams. And while it's beside the point that they are illegal to begin with, it is a fact that society and the handlers are creating bad karma for themselves and karmic debt to you by subjugating you with taxation. Your freedom to do what you feel is right is being robed from you by the personal taxation process.

Wouldn't the society and it's members be better served without personal taxation of any kind and with a simple dependency on donations. In a donation system, city government, say the highway department would list of road work needed and the funds required for each task. That way, if you don't like the project , you don't contribute to fund it or you contribute a small amount as yousee fit. That way, people can do greater good to themselves by be benevolent and donating to projects that don't directly benefit themselves like road work in a less prosperous part of town or even where the rich people are.

Keep in mind corporate taxation and taxation of goods would still be legitimate and usable to pay for basic needs of government like personnel.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
This would no work. Income tax pays government debt. State tax pays for roads and things like. The donnation system would fail only because people no pay for anything the do not want.
English is not my first language but i feel i know more about your country's tax system than you do

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by David Eden Lane

English is not my first language but i feel i know more about your country's tax system than you do

You don't. As a US citizen who's first language is English I can tell you that the Income tax does not pay government debt. IN fact our government is not even supposed to run in debt. To learn more about income tax try these guys.. But we got this ponzy scheme called the IRS and the Federal reserve. Together with the USCC we all lose our constitutional rights...

its bad.

TO address the OP I am for a flat tax with the terms that we get to choose where our flat tax dollars go. I imagine it would be like something I heard the other day. The saying goes as follows:

"It would be great if schools had all the money they needed for books and the military had to have a bake sale fund raiser to buy new bombs"

[edit on 31-5-2009 by titorite]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

Yes sir, please tell this one what does income tax pay for?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by David Eden Lane

David. Your not supposed to post one liners.

Here is a link the ATS Handbook

Give it a read its fun.

As for Federal income taxes those goto Social security, medicare, State incomes vary from state to state and some states do not even have a state income tax.

No donation taxes wont work.. That was proved when this country the US, first started but it would be a heck of alot better if WE THE PEOPLE got to choose where our tax dollars were spent... We don't even need to be in charge of the how but darn it if we at least got to choose which government program got our money then we would see a much better nation.

Instead we have federal ketchup measurers. And 300,000 dollar air force one photo ops. and pointless wars of agression in forigen countries... all because we have ZERO say in how our tax dollars are spent...

Yup.. being a tax slave sucks!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Income tax goes to the international monetary fund and is meant to pay down the so called federal reserve debt. 0% of income tax pays for anything in US services. Taking taxes automatically is ignoring the freewill and freedom of the individual and thus making the "individual" insignificant. If some one can't or doesn't pay their taxes, the system steals their property and then tries again with someone else. Under that system, with the individual immaterial, importing foreign workers that are obligated to pay tax is encouraged. In a donation system, the wealth of the individual becomes more important to "the system" and the solvency and welfare of the individual become critical. Turn over and poverty mean fewer donations and greater hardship to all. Yes, individual projects, even useful projects like road maintenance and bridges may not be maintained without donations but so what? It is the peoples choice to give priority elsewhere. Many projects are boondoggles that give funds to projects benefiting the few.

Flat tax is not legal and does not encourage free will of the individual. It encourages the system to play lottery with peoples lives. Flat tax is life time slavery guaranteed. Where people must perpetually earn to pay for god knows what. Flat tax would be a perpetually progressive tax. It does not put power in the hands of people. It puts power and abuse in the hands of the establishment. Donation is dependence on the people taxation is exploitation of the people.

join